3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello all,

I just wanted to see if anyone would like to reccommed anything to add to my packet.

My husband's PR will expire on 11/18/2016, so we are still within the 90 days frame.This shouldn't be a problem?

This is what my packet contains:

- A cover letter

-Form I-751

-Copy of front and back of my husband's green card

-Copy of his passport

-Copy of Marriage Certificate

-Copy of 2015 US joint tax return

-Copy of the car lease monthly statement that is in both our names

Copy of hotel booking trip to Turkey and airplane ticket stubs from this summer

Copy of our dental insruance card with both our names on it

Copies of our joing bank accounts for various months

Copies of 5 shared credicards witht he same account numbers

Copy of our pregnancy confirmation and the child's due date (only has my name on it though)

Copy of the ultrasound picture, showing viable pregnancy

Various pictures throughout our marriage(2014-2016)

Should I add anything else?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You should also have tax statements from 2014, since he entered the US in 2014. If you filed MFS, then both of your tax statements for 2014 should be included.

I can't tell from your list - you need the credit card STATEMENTS in addition to the copies of the credit cards themselves.

What is your living situation? Do you have a joint lease or mortgage? If you live with relatives, do you pay them a monthly rent from a joint account? Do you have mobile phones with a joint bill? Other utility bills with both names?

Do you have wills and medical powers of attorney? These will be a MUST when that baby comes, but you should have them now.

Do you have medical insurance coverage for both of you?

Are you the emergency contacts for each other at your workplace(s)?

Add copies of your driver's licenses showing you live at the same address.

Best of luck to you - and your soon-to-be-born child!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

You should also have tax statements from 2014, since he entered the US in 2014. If you filed MFS, then both of your tax statements for 2014 should be included.

I can't tell from your list - you need the credit card STATEMENTS in addition to the copies of the credit cards themselves.

What is your living situation? Do you have a joint lease or mortgage? If you live with relatives, do you pay them a monthly rent from a joint account? Do you have mobile phones with a joint bill? Other utility bills with both names?

Do you have wills and medical powers of attorney? These will be a MUST when that baby comes, but you should have them now.

Do you have medical insurance coverage for both of you?

Are you the emergency contacts for each other at your workplace(s)?

Add copies of your driver's licenses showing you live at the same address.

Best of luck to you - and your soon-to-be-born child!

Sukie in NY

So I don't have any of those things that you listed and only because when he moved here he didn't have any credit established so everything had to be under my name.

I did have him on my life insurance from my old job, but I'm not working there anymore and I don't have a copy of that. We also share car insurance.

So we don't currently live at the address on our dl, so idk if it's even worth it to send those copies.

I lost the 2014 return but I'm sure my tax agency still us a copy. I'll add that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.