waynegeraldine

What is the Fee

33 posts in this topic

We were all new to this site at one time. Cut the newbie some slack. There's no real harm being done here, even if it is only repetitive questions. They won't disappear from this forum, and that is why VJ exists...to help folk who are new and also veterans alike. (F)

I think there *is* harm being done. By not encouraging people to RTFM when they clearly haven't, especially in a post that essentially says 'OMFG I need to file NOW and I can't be bothered reading the filing instructions first!', people are hardly doing them a service... they're just inviting returned petitions, RFEs and a whole host of other problems. It's not unkind, or unhelpful, to suggest that if you're going to handle your own immigration process, you might at the very least like to consider reading the (hardly lengthy) instructions that are oh-so-helpfully provided with the form. :unsure:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I think there *is* harm being done. By not encouraging people to RTFM when they clearly haven't, especially in a post that essentially says 'OMFG I need to file NOW and I can't be bothered reading the filing instructions first!', people are hardly doing them a service... they're just inviting returned petitions, RFEs and a whole host of other problems. It's not unkind, or unhelpful, to suggest that if you're going to handle your own immigration process, you might at the very least like to consider reading the (hardly lengthy) instructions that are oh-so-helpfully provided with the form. :unsure:

Absolutely! They are doing a disservice to themselves and their future spouse. It is obvious, this is THEIR life. Wouldn't they like to have as much control as possible to take care of THEIR life? :rolleyes:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think we should all help each other with all kinds of questions. But it's imperative that each one of us takes the time to read all documents in their entiry before filing anything with USCIS. That way, you can make sure that you have all your questions answered. If that doesn't help, THEN Visajourney is the place to go to get your answers from.

It's all good, we're here for ya'. ^_^

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Timeline

waynegeraldine,

If time is of the essence you could have confirmed the fee by looking at the USCIS web site in less time than it took you to write your post here, let alone wait for a response.

People just naturally don't like having someone waste their time, especially when there was no valid excuse for it.

Yodrak

Dude, why are you being like that, I just ask a simple question, I'm in a hurry to mail my package and time is against me. ....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Quick question...so my K1 just got approved and we have an open appointment for his interview. Is it okay if I just go to Mexico and marry him before the interview? Will that be a problem?

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline
Quick question...so my K1 just got approved and we have an open appointment for his interview. Is it okay if I just go to Mexico and marry him before the interview? Will that be a problem?

A K-1 Visa is intended for the foreign fiance(e) to marry the US citizen in the USA. If you marry him in Mexico, you will have to adjust your status to another kind of visa. It is worth the wait for him to come here to marry you since you've already reached the point of getting an interview for your K-1 application. Another potential problem is if it is discovered you married outside the US while your K-1 is in process, he can be denied a visa at the interview since it will not be in conjunction with the visa you originally applied.

I would set the date for the interview and follow through with it. You 2 can be together much faster.

Edited by altimixdj

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Timeline

I'm sorry...my attempt at sarcasm fell flat. :( But thank you for being kind enough to answer.

I was just tickled that the OP had the eggs to go off on people for not liking being asked such a fundamental, easy to research question.

Please forgive me for wasting the time it took to post a real response to my fake question!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

HAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SUE

edited to say...I got the sarcasm right away!

Edited by GrenadianCrix

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

A K-1 Visa is intended for the foreign fiance(e) to marry the US citizen in the USA. If you marry him in Mexico, you will have to adjust your status to another kind of visa. It is worth the wait for him to come here to marry you since you've already reached the point of getting an interview for your K-1 application. Another potential problem is if it is discovered you married outside the US while your K-1 is in process, he can be denied a visa at the interview since it will not be in conjunction with the visa you originally applied.

I would set the date for the interview and follow through with it. You 2 can be together much faster.

Yeah... you (or in this case, your fiance) can't enter the US on a K1 visa - and are not even eligible to be issued with a K1 visa - if you're already married. So no, don't do that, unless you want all the waiting up until this point to have been for nothing, and to have to start from scratch and apply all over again. Your fiance needs to enter the US as just that - your fiance - and marry you once he gets there. Good luck - and congrats on the interview... just don't have him turn up to that interview already married, that would be a very bad thing!! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2009 - Conditions lifted

Timeline
I'm sorry...my attempt at sarcasm fell flat. :( But thank you for being kind enough to answer.

I was just tickled that the OP had the eggs to go off on people for not liking being asked such a fundamental, easy to research question.

Please forgive me for wasting the time it took to post a real response to my fake question!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT ME!!!!!!! :lol:

I was wondering why in hell if you reached the point of having an interview, why in the world would you risk all that time and work on a possible visa denial for your fiance'? :blink:

Edited by altimixdj

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

:lol: I did originally type (ages before the response that I just posted) that it's hard to know for sure you're joking without the use of smileys... then I thought 'uh-oh... better not post that, 'cos you might just come back and go 'no, I wasn't joking... it was a serious question!' '

Should have stuck with my first instinct, shouldn't I?! Nice one! ;)

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT ME!!!!!!! :lol:

I was wondering why in hell if you reached the point of having an interview, why in the world would you risk all that time and work on a possible visa denial for your fiance'? :blink:

Me too... damn, it's not April Fool's Day yet, is it?? :whistle:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2009 - Conditions lifted

Timeline

I'm glad you're laughing....I thought I might have actually PO someone!

Only thing regarding that that I'm actually worried about is that he tends to introduce me to people as "his wife." I have always looked askance at him when he does that, but now I REALLY have a reason to scold him for it.

I have a question too....

How long is that new Forever Postage Stamp good for..?

I was thinking of buying some, but they might raise to price one day and I'll have to buy those smaller-value stamps right?

:devil:

Edited by Karin und Otto

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

HAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SUE

edited to say...I got the sarcasm right away!

:lol: :lol:

I picked up on it, too.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Here's one simliar to the big post yesterday. I have a girlfriend here in the US that is a citizen. I want to bring my foreign fiancee' here on a K-1 visa so we can all live together in perfect harmony. I don't make the required 125% above poverty level. So my American girlfriend is going to sponsor my foreign fiancee'. Will this be a problem in me filiing a visa? Should I disclose on my application that there is also another girlfriend? But she doesn't live with me. Will they accept my application if I send it C.O.D. to the Service Center of my choice? Do I need to personally need to apply my personal signature on documents? I would prefer to have the homeless guy in front of the liquor store do it for me because his signature is better looking than mine. :lol:

If you took this post seriously, remember to clip yourself out a "clue-pon" out of today's newpaper! :D

Edited by altimixdj

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.