smitherton

N-400 September 2016 Filers

1,076 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:33 PM, pieguy said:

DC does naturalization ONCE a month, second Tuesday of every month.

Here is the official information: http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/dcd/files/2017ceremonydates2.pdf

But this is only if you actually LIVE in DC, if you live in Virginia it's a different schedule, even though DC and Northern Virginia both do the interviews at the same office. 

ah ok cool.i didn't know that.i live in VA so its different day :(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Tanzania
Timeline
39 minutes ago, jc84 said:

ah ok cool.i didn't know that.i live in VA so its different day :(

Hopefully you get it soon ... good luck!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

My wife filed her n-400 in september (end of september). She just had her interview. And it went really well. They couldnt give an immediate decision, because of her history. However, the officer told her congratulations anyways. Just wanted to say lurked the entire time and it was nice to see all your stories. I will post an update when we get an official approval!. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Finally got txt massage notification at 10:30 this morning, notifying me that my case was updated , went online to find interview was scheduled, then called L2 officer and my interview date is JUN14th :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 5/8/2017 at 5:16 PM, pieguy said:

Maria, you were right! This time I had to stay on the line and argue with the first person why she should transfer me to someone else.

Unfortunately the second person told me that they have scheduled me for June 13th. 

She said that they probably couldn't fit in any more people in the courtroom for tomorrow. 

Now I wonder if I could have got it changed if I'd argued ...? Maybe if I'd told her that I would be traveling and so I really need to do it tomorrow?

But in any case, it was good to get a definite answer.

I'll probably be one of the last of the December filers to get mine!

OK excellent! At least you know now!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Celeste & C said:

OK excellent! At least you know now!

Yes, it's good to have a concrete date!

How is yours going again? I forgot who has which date!

What are folks typically wearing to the oath ceremony. Is it full formal like suit for men or business casual or smart casual?

F2A JOURNEY STATUS

COMPLETE

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

01/17/14 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : NOA-T (Electronic Transfer notice to California Service Center)

03/28/15 : NOA-T (Hard Copy of Transfer notice received in mail)

03/30/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) Electronic confirmation

04/03/15 : NOA2 Hard Copy received in mail

NVC

http://www.visajourn...php/NVC_Process

04/16/15 : NVC Received Case (Phone call with CSR confirmed)

04/24/15 : Case number and IIN assigned (Phone Call)

04/27/15 : NVC Welcome Letter received via Email

04/27/15 : DS-261 Waived and AOS & IV bill invoiced

04/28/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: IN PROCESS)

04/29/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: PAID)

04/29/15 : DS-260 Available online

04/30/15 : DS-260 Completed

05/08/15 : AOS and IV Package mailed to NVC

05/26/15 : NVC Scan Date (CSR confirmed)

06/17/15 : Case Complete

07/29/15 : Interview Date Received Sep 2nd! (CSR confirmed) :dancing:

07/30/15 : Interview Letter email received (P4)

07/31/15 : NVC shipped out case to London Embassy

Embassy

07/30/15 : Medical Completed

08/01/15 : CEAC status "In Transit"

08/03/15 : Package received at London Embassy

08/05/15 : CEAC status "Ready"

09/02/15 : Interview

09/02/15 : Interview Result: APPROVED!!

09/03/15 : CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing"

09/04/15 : CEAC status changed to "Issued " :dancing:

09/10/15 : Visa in hand!!

09/11/15 : POE

Timeline
16 hours ago, Munafn said:

What are folks typically wearing to the oath ceremony. Is it full formal like suit for men or business casual or smart casual?

I believe officially they discourage being "extremely casual" (i.e. shorts and flip flop) but other than that it's up to you.

Personally I will probably wear "business casual" (pants and a nice shirt and dress shoes). I would feel weird wearing a suit, since I don't normally wear suits.

But I do see some people wearing suits. Like I said, it's a matter of personal taste.

48 minutes ago, pieguy said:

I believe officially they discourage being "extremely casual" (i.e. shorts and flip flop) but other than that it's up to you.

Personally I will probably wear "business casual" (pants and a nice shirt and dress shoes). I would feel weird wearing a suit, since I don't normally wear suits.

But I do see some people wearing suits. Like I said, it's a matter of personal taste.

Thanks for the reply. I typically wear suits for work so I wore one today. And speaking of- I am now officially a US citizen! If someone could update me to red that would be great. 

Experience at Baltimore office :got there and waited for people to gather. At first you're sitting with everyone and then they call all the applicants to submit the green card and the oath notice. Important - make sure the questionnaire is filled out or else they will send you to the back of the line. Once everyone is seated they show a couple of videos. We say the pledge and oath of allegiance. Sing the star spangled banner. Watch America the beautiful and then they call everyone by name to collect the naturalization certificate. They also had a piece in between where they had everyone stand to show which country they represented. 78 naturalized citizens from 41 countries. God bless America and God bless us all. Good luck to everyone !

F2A JOURNEY STATUS

COMPLETE

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

01/17/14 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : NOA-T (Electronic Transfer notice to California Service Center)

03/28/15 : NOA-T (Hard Copy of Transfer notice received in mail)

03/30/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) Electronic confirmation

04/03/15 : NOA2 Hard Copy received in mail

NVC

http://www.visajourn...php/NVC_Process

04/16/15 : NVC Received Case (Phone call with CSR confirmed)

04/24/15 : Case number and IIN assigned (Phone Call)

04/27/15 : NVC Welcome Letter received via Email

04/27/15 : DS-261 Waived and AOS & IV bill invoiced

04/28/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: IN PROCESS)

04/29/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: PAID)

04/29/15 : DS-260 Available online

04/30/15 : DS-260 Completed

05/08/15 : AOS and IV Package mailed to NVC

05/26/15 : NVC Scan Date (CSR confirmed)

06/17/15 : Case Complete

07/29/15 : Interview Date Received Sep 2nd! (CSR confirmed) :dancing:

07/30/15 : Interview Letter email received (P4)

07/31/15 : NVC shipped out case to London Embassy

Embassy

07/30/15 : Medical Completed

08/01/15 : CEAC status "In Transit"

08/03/15 : Package received at London Embassy

08/05/15 : CEAC status "Ready"

09/02/15 : Interview

09/02/15 : Interview Result: APPROVED!!

09/03/15 : CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing"

09/04/15 : CEAC status changed to "Issued " :dancing:

09/10/15 : Visa in hand!!

09/11/15 : POE

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Munafn said:

Thanks for the reply. I typically wear suits for work so I wore one today. And speaking of- I am now officially a US citizen! If someone could update me to red that would be great. 

Experience at Baltimore office :got there and waited for people to gather. At first you're sitting with everyone and then they call all the applicants to submit the green card and the oath notice. Important - make sure the questionnaire is filled out or else they will send you to the back of the line. Once everyone is seated they show a couple of videos. We say the pledge and oath of allegiance. Sing the star spangled banner. Watch America the beautiful and then they call everyone by name to collect the naturalization certificate. They also had a piece in between where they had everyone stand to show which country they represented. 78 naturalized citizens from 41 countries. God bless America and God bless us all. Good luck to everyone !

Awesome! Congratulations!

23 hours ago, mr-mrs-hdc said:

My wife filed her n-400 in september (end of september). She just had her interview. And it went really well. They couldnt give an immediate decision, because of her history. However, the officer told her congratulations anyways. Just wanted to say lurked the entire time and it was nice to see all your stories. I will post an update when we get an official approval!. 

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. I am a January filer from Philadelphia, always good to hear movement in your field office.

On 5/10/2017 at 1:21 PM, mr-mrs-hdc said:

what is her history ? i have the same issue still waiting for the official approvel 

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had my interview today, I PASSED!

Oath Ceremony scheduled for June 2nd, I was hoping for a closer location to where i live but the lady told me that I will have to take that date because thats the slot they were given. Oh well 

My appointment was at 11, I did not get called in until 12 noon

The interview itself took about 30-45 mins i lost track. This takes me to around 1PM When they Officer told me to sign my pictures and a receipt and then said he is recommending me for Approval, his supervisor will look over my file to ensure there were no issues.

I was directed back into the waiting area, then the Supervisor came and called me to ask a questions on my form and then he said wait to be seated. My Immigration officer came back to get me to ask the same question and thank God for being organized I brought taxes, new job letter, my brief affiliation with the Military etc. So when they called me back in I just whipped out my papers and then they said ok lets walk you back. 

At this time our parking was up, I asked the lady at the window if I could go move my car because my four hour parking was up and she said take your time. I move to the front of the building parked, waiting to go through security and when i walked in she called me right over to the window my letter was ready and waiting. I happily paid that $2 parking. Then i walked out smiling.

Best of luck to everyone on this long LONG LONG road, but we will get there eventually. 

MSC** Concurrently Filing (Husband_Panamanian) 

8/16      I-130 I-1485 I-765 I-131

9/8        Biometrics 

9/22      RFIE Received

10/10    Expedite based on Financial Hardship & Job Offer

11/13    Reply from congressman office _ case cannot be expedited due to Background check not yet completed

11/15    New Card in Production***

11/16    I765 Case Approved

11/24    Card Delivered

3/31      We are scheduling your interview  @7:06AM (***My USCIS log in date is 10/7/17 )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.