10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

Trying to finish up my wife's I-485 Adjustment of Status Package and I'm not sure about one thing -- the I-693 Medical Form. She had a medical checkup at St. Luke's and they gave her two immunizations that she needed to get INTO the U.S.

So I had her go and get the other immunizations that were necessary to STAY in the U.S. and got the certified vaccination form from the doctor.

As I understand, she doesn't need to get an entire physical checkup done as long as the one done at St. Luke's in Manila is less than a year old -- which it is as it was done back in December 2015.

So all I have to send of the I-693 is the vaccination form and the cover letter stating that she had her medical done in Manila in December 2015?

The doctors here want $200 or so to do the immigration physical and fill out the I-693 paperwork but I don't want to pay for something that isn't necessary.

What's the best thing to do?

Thanks a bunch and live long and prosper,

John

Timeline

I assembled our own packet and I just sent out the form that was given to me from St. Lukes Medical -- I didn't visit a surgeon or anything. I think it will be fine if you just send the paper that was given to her back in Manila. :)

Adjustment Of Status Timeline:

09.01.2016 --- Received by USCIS

09.12.2016 --- NOA 1 Text Notification

09.17.2016 --- NOA 1 Letter Received

09.21.2016 --- Biometrics Letter Received

10.05.2016 --- Biometrics Appointment

11.05.2016 --- EAD/AP Approved

11.18.2016 --- Combo Card Delivered

11.25.2016 --- Green Card/I-485 Approved (No interview)

12.02.2016 --- Received NOA2 for I-485

12.02.2016 --- GC received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS Error: 10 Year GC given instead of 2 Years)

12.05.2016 --- I-90 Packet Sent to Phoenix

12.08.2016 --- I-90 Packet Received by USCIS

12.20.2016 --- NOA 1 Text & Email Notification

12.24.2016 --- NOA 1 Mail Received

01.03.2017 --- SSN (Without Restriction) Received

01.04.2017 --- I-551 Stamp Received (Valid for 1 Year)

01.14.2017 --- NOA1 for ELIS online account activation

01.20.2017 --- Biometrics Letter Received

02.01.2017 --- Biometrics Schedule

Timeline

I assembled our own packet and I just sent out the form that was given to me from St. Lukes Medical -- I didn't visit a surgeon or anything. I think it will be fine if you just send the paper that was given to her back in Manila. :)

Thanks ScotchHans -- The only paper she has medical-wise from Manila is the one showing the vaccinations she got there. Those were only good enough to get into the U.S. and, after consulting a doctor here, she had to get two more immunizations in order to stay in the U.S. permanently. So we got another of the vaccination forms -- this one showing the new vaccinations as well as the ones in Manila. That's it -- no other medical records as they took them from her when she entered the U.S.

So Customs and Immigration Services has her medical records and my guess is that they probably, when processing her Adjustment of Status, check the database for the medical forms and, as long as they are less than a year old and don't show anything wrong/missing, they don't need an I-693 completed by us and sent in.

But I'm no immigration professional so I'm hoping that someone here with experience can let me know but it is good to hear your experience. Thank you!

Take care.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks ScotchHans -- The only paper she has medical-wise from Manila is the one showing the vaccinations she got there. Those were only good enough to get into the U.S. and, after consulting a doctor here, she had to get two more immunizations in order to stay in the U.S. permanently. So we got another of the vaccination forms -- this one showing the new vaccinations as well as the ones in Manila. That's it -- no other medical records as they took them from her when she entered the U.S.

So Customs and Immigration Services has her medical records and my guess is that they probably, when processing her Adjustment of Status, check the database for the medical forms and, as long as they are less than a year old and don't show anything wrong/missing, they don't need an I-693 completed by us and sent in.

But I'm no immigration professional so I'm hoping that someone here with experience can let me know but it is good to hear your experience. Thank you!

Take care.

They are not needed to get into the US. And I have never heard of them taken in when entering the US!

That vaccination papers from the doctor in the PI is the one you should put in the package (Should have the vaccinations complete checked off) ...

Timeline

They are not needed to get into the US. And I have never heard of them taken in when entering the US!

That vaccination papers from the doctor in the PI is the one you should put in the package (Should have the vaccinations complete checked off) ...

In the PH, we have a brown envelope given to us from the medical company that evaluates us. it is then given to the embassy which is given back in a packet to us to be handed over the Customs once we arrive in the US. I think that is what he is talking about. We are only given a copy of paper which states the vaccines that is provided the medical center.

I talked to a friend of ours who processed a few months earlier and she just put the paper provided by St. Luke's in the packet and was approved anyway. :)

Adjustment Of Status Timeline:

09.01.2016 --- Received by USCIS

09.12.2016 --- NOA 1 Text Notification

09.17.2016 --- NOA 1 Letter Received

09.21.2016 --- Biometrics Letter Received

10.05.2016 --- Biometrics Appointment

11.05.2016 --- EAD/AP Approved

11.18.2016 --- Combo Card Delivered

11.25.2016 --- Green Card/I-485 Approved (No interview)

12.02.2016 --- Received NOA2 for I-485

12.02.2016 --- GC received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS Error: 10 Year GC given instead of 2 Years)

12.05.2016 --- I-90 Packet Sent to Phoenix

12.08.2016 --- I-90 Packet Received by USCIS

12.20.2016 --- NOA 1 Text & Email Notification

12.24.2016 --- NOA 1 Mail Received

01.03.2017 --- SSN (Without Restriction) Received

01.04.2017 --- I-551 Stamp Received (Valid for 1 Year)

01.14.2017 --- NOA1 for ELIS online account activation

01.20.2017 --- Biometrics Letter Received

02.01.2017 --- Biometrics Schedule

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

In the PH, we have a brown envelope given to us from the medical company that evaluates us. it is then given to the embassy which is given back in a packet to us to be handed over the Customs once we arrive in the US. I think that is what he is talking about. We are only given a copy of paper which states the vaccines that is provided the medical center.

I talked to a friend of ours who processed a few months earlier and she just put the paper provided by St. Luke's in the packet and was approved anyway. :)

The package to be handed to the customs is probably the same as all other K1´s have to give when they enter.

That's the same here though.

We also only get a paper with vaccines and that one has to be in the package for AOS.

The OP can try and e-mail the doctor to see if they can get a copy e-mailed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There are no vaccinations required to enter the US with a K-1 visa. The vaccinations are required for AOS. You only need one in a series, and would not need to receive additional doses to stay in the US.

See the pinned topic on this > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

There are no vaccinations required to enter the US with a K-1 visa. The vaccinations are required for AOS. You only need one in a series, and would not need to receive additional doses to stay in the US.

See the pinned topic on this > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

^^^...This...^^^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

Trying to finish up my wife's I-485 Adjustment of Status Package and I'm not sure about one thing -- the I-693 Medical Form. She had a medical checkup at St. Luke's and they gave her two immunizations that she needed to get INTO the U.S.

So I had her go and get the other immunizations that were necessary to STAY in the U.S. and got the certified vaccination form from the doctor.

As I understand, she doesn't need to get an entire physical checkup done as long as the one done at St. Luke's in Manila is less than a year old -- which it is as it was done back in December 2015.

So all I have to send of the I-693 is the vaccination form and the cover letter stating that she had her medical done in Manila in December 2015?

The doctors here want $200 or so to do the immigration physical and fill out the I-693 paperwork but I don't want to pay for something that isn't necessary.

What's the best thing to do?

Thanks a bunch and live long and prosper,

John

Hi,

I also had done my medical in the Philippines January 2016. We submitted our AOS paperwork last June.

We followed this tip:

If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.

Regardless of if you are exempt from a medical exam, you are still required to complete certain portions of the I-693 and have a Civil Surgeon certify the form (and seal it in an evelope). Specifically, you will complete Part 1 (Information about you) of the I-693 and provide both the form and your DS-3025 (if you have it, proving your vaccination history) and any proof of required vaccinations that were completed prior to entering the US.

We scouted around until we found a clinic who only charges $160 (vaccince(s) included, if necessary). When we called several clinics, they differed significantly in cost (from $400 to $350) so we think it was lucky we found that clinic.

When we walked in, I specifically asked for certification/translation of I-693 for AOS with USCIS. They asked to see my DS-3025. I was only given two vaccine shots back at St. Luke's based on my DS-3025.

The doctor told me I lack 2 vaccines, so they gave me 2 shots. Then the doctor proceeded with filling out (by hand) the I-693 form (4 copies of it to be exact) and I was asked to sign each copy where necessary. After that, doctor did a TB skin test and drew out blood (to check for Syphilis), and was asked to come back 2 days after for the result inside a sealed envelope.

Went back 2 days after and I was handed a sealed white envelop with my name on it. The doctor said that this should remain sealed and included in the I-485 packet.

This is per my experience, hope you find it useful.

Cheers!

Agree! We just sent a copy of the vaccine report. No problem. Good luck.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.