Helpmepls

B1/b2 visa cancelled... What next?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

ESTA won't work as your tourist visa was taken

In either case, even if you had it, it is visa fraud and illegal to use the ESTA or a tourist visa to move to the USA, and marry with intent to stay.

You need to wait for the K1, or have your fiance come to your country, as mentioned, get married and do the CR-1 spousal visa.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

My b1/b2 visa was cancelled due to working in the us. I recently got engaged and would like to apply for a k1 visa. What are the chances of me getting the k1? Or is it best to apply for a b1 again? My mother in law is sick with cancer and I was her carer, is this worth mentioning? Help!

you are asking for answers that you only want to hear. i personally believe you will still be able to fulfill the american dream. go ahead with K1. it is the longer and more expensive route but yeah i am sure they will let you in.

I was denied entry in Feb. We applied for the K1 immediately. I was asked about the entry denial at interview, it was kept very brief but in no way was the officer I saw derogatory or judgmental and he did not grill me for many details. I was approved and my visa has been issued..just sat here waiting for the notification it is at the deport for me to collect. Be honest, don't hide anything, just be prepared for a long wait for the process to play out.

I was denied entry in Feb. We applied for the K1 immediately. I was asked about the entry denial at interview, it was kept very brief but in no way was the officer I saw derogatory or judgmental and he did not grill me for many details. I was approved and my visa has been issued..just sat here waiting for the notification it is at the deport for me to collect. Be honest, don't hide anything, just be prepared for a long wait for the process to play out.

Sorry, forgot to add that my B2 was cancelled due to denial.

As others said before, it is considered visa abuse if you work/seek employment on a visitors' visa.

You can go the route of filing for the K-1 but you must be honest about this denial of entry on the B1/B2 visa....truth is, whether you mention it or not, they will know as it will be on record.

Essentially, I believe that the CR1 visa route is better....but that is just MY belief. I wish you the best of luck in whichever path you choose at this point.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Timeline
16 minutes ago, 212GUY said:

Good morning, what is your K1 status? Are you back in the US?

Hey, I am in the uk and have been for two years. I am no longer with my fiancé. I have applied for b1/b2 twice since being back from the states, both of which were denied. They have not said I am banned but I’m not quite sure how long they’re going to deny my visa for! Any advice? I’ve just wanted to visit... for a funeral and festival but I understand the consequences of my actions which I deeply regret! 

7 minutes ago, Helpmepls said:

Hey, I am in the uk and have been for two years. I am no longer with my fiancé. I have applied for b1/b2 twice since being back from the states, both of which were denied. They have not said I am banned but I’m not quite sure how long they’re going to deny my visa for! Any advice? I’ve just wanted to visit... for a funeral and festival but I understand the consequences of my actions which I deeply regret! 

Hi there! Unfortunately the B1/B2 route is no longer suitable for you. They'll always assume you have an immigrant intent and such not approve you for such visas. And of course the US consulate/Embassy officials will never discourage you from reapplying (keeping in mind it's a business for them and every time you apply for such visas they collect a fee). If I may ask are you a bearer of a UK passport? And if yes, just fly in, why do you even need to apply for a visitor visa?   

On 9/9/2016 at 2:45 PM, Tashalan said:

Hi Tashalan, If I may ask, how long did you have to wait for your K1 Visa? The total processing time perhaps? Thanks

2 minutes ago, 212GUY said:

Hi there! Unfortunately the B1/B2 route is no longer suitable for you. They'll always assume you have an immigrant intent and such not approve you for such visas. And of course the US consulate/Embassy officials will never discourage you from reapplying (keeping in mind it's a business for them and every time you apply for such visas they collect a fee). If I may ask are you a bearer of a UK passport? And if yes, just fly in, why do you even need to apply for a visitor visa?   

I am a British citizen With a British passport. I need a visitor visa because I am no longer able to use an esta when flying to the states. They did say I need to show “strong ties” to my country so I am bearing that in mind. The embassy are not very helpful so I’m not sure what my options are!

21 minutes ago, Helpmepls said:

Not surprised about the denials.

Slightly surprised by the break up. Seems the K1 was a sure bet for you to get here.

Moving forward it may be even more difficult for you to get a visitor visa. You should continue building ties to your country. Your reason, although admirable, for working in the US to help your fiance's ailing mother didn't fly with immigration so now that you don't have a relationship with him, what would be the reason for you to come to the US? (Rhetorical question). 

Maybe try again in the future and keep us updated.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

On 09/09/2016 at 7:45 PM, Tashalan said:

Hey thanks for sharing your story. May I ask what you mean by your b2 being cancelled due to denial?

On 9/9/2016 at 6:42 AM, MacUK said:

Unless you're married you don't have a mother in law. She is your fiances mother but no relation to you.

Might sound like a silly thing but if you're thinking of going down the K-1 route then you need to be careful with every little thing you say.

You go round calling her your mother in law then you risk being denied the K-1 if they think you're already married.

Forget about any kind of tourist visa any time in the near future.

THIS! i had to re-read because i got confused why OP wanted a K1 but kept referring to a "mother in law".

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

1 hour ago, Helpmepls said:

I am a British citizen With a British passport. I need a visitor visa because I am no longer able to use an esta when flying to the states. They did say I need to show “strong ties” to my country so I am bearing that in mind. The embassy are not very helpful so I’m not sure what my options are!

I understand that. And no sugarcoating but getting approved for a B1/B2 would be extremely difficult for you. And even if you do get approved for a B1/B2 it does not guarantee entry into the US, as the immigration officer at the port of entry has the prerogative to deny entry to a foreign national. My suggestion would be apply for a stronger visa class (i.e. F1-Student, Marriage visa etc.) and see how that goes. I'm in a similar situation too with my Fiance. At the port of entry they cancelled her B1/B2 and advised her to apply for a K1 since she is engaged to me. They sent her back to Canada and I filed a petition for her K1 Visa. So let's see how that goes. Anyways I wish you the best. Please keep us posted. Thanks