Seebells

I need advise on this urgently

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got a US Visa (b1 $ b2) in March 2013, came to the US with my ex in April 2013. Came back again in June 2013 alone and had a baby in the US (paid all my bills). Came back in March 2014 with my baby and ex but I was denied entry, the CBP officer said I said I wasn't pregnant at the time of the Visa application and I told him I wasn't aware I was pregnant by then. He cancelled my visa and gave a ban of 5yrs (11th March 2014). I was deported back to Nigeria.

My daughter is with her dad (my ex cause we got divorced). She is said too have a terminal sickness. I applied for visa in order to come see her (she is just 3yrs old) but was told DHS didn't grant the waiver the US consulates tendered.

I was advised to seek Redress through DHS TRIP which I did through an immigration lawyer here in Nigeria. I was given a control number which I used in checking my status online and for a while it's shows "In Process". The process seems to be taking so much time and I really need to see my daughter (my only child though).

Please what should I do next to get this done as quick as possible?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Nothing to do, you tried and failed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Waivers from US Embassy and Consulate Discussion~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You say she is "said to have" a terminal illness. I am sorry to pry at such a stressful time, but has she been diagnosed? If so, and you can provide doctors' letters (preferably from multiple doctors, and stating the likely outcome/ how long she has left), you could look into Humanitarian Parole.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

May God bless your baby & there is a turn-around.I have said it befoer & will again here

If you had a baby in the US on a visitors visa (paid up or not) there will be future probs.

Some CBP will let it slide many wont because its a part of the law enforceable by them to revoke

such person visa.

Dont travel with the kid handing over your PP with visa to visit & the kid PP (Born in the USA) you

will be questioned, some are brazen enough to even go to Citizenship lines.

OP you can probably apply for Humanitarian Parole with lots of evidences,reason you cant get a visa

cover letter, proofs of denial, medicals etc and see if it will be granted because this rarely is given.

Redress is really for those traveling & getting a hard time from CBP when going thru immigration its

not anything they can do for you much than suggest what other agency you can contact If the atty

had knowledge of what redress is for he would know its futile, yes redress process any application

sent in & advice you at the end that thats not their dept

Edited by Jawaree

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.