17 posts in this topic

Hello, Everyone I need a bit of help do on August 22 of this year we were approved so our paperwork is going to the nvc this week I started to do the affidavit support and notice my fiance put his middle name first and his first name for his middle name should i call the nvc and inform them of the error or should we wait until he is call for his interview his birth certificate and passport have correct information just that he made a error when he fill out his part of the fiance petition how can this be corrected thank you

I would most definitely call them and inform them of the mistake!! This first happened to me when I was having my fiance fill out some biographic information, and he reversed the order of his name and I thankfully noticed and had it corrected before we sent it in. If you don't call and report it, you may risk it being held up due to inconsistencies in alias or just overall could be bad news or could just be an obvious mistake, but I really think it'd be much better to be safe than sorry and let them know you are aware of the error, and it is indeed an error.

Hi,hlbarney the problem is everyone call him by his middle nt his first name include me so in doing the petition the error was made i myself is be blame too iam praying all goes well I have a copy of his passport and birth certificate with me thank you for ur respond.

Hello, Everyone I need a bit of help do on August 22 of this year we were approved so our paperwork is going to the nvc this week I started to do the affidavit support and notice my fiance put his middle name first and his first name for his middle name should i call the nvc and inform them of the error or should we wait until he is call for his interview his birth certificate and passport have correct information just that he made a error when he fill out his part of the fiance petition how can this be corrected thank you

The NVC won't really be looking at your paperwork. Sort it at the interview if you think it needs sorting. The petition is over, so must not be an issue. Meanwhile, tell him to get the name correct on his visa application.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thank you for your respons nich-nick if they dont look at the paperwork what dose the nvc do with paperwork forgive me for asking this so they can't make no corrections dont call them of the error let him go with interview and sort it out.

Thank you for your respons nich-nick if they dont look at the paperwork what dose the nvc do with paperwork forgive me for asking this so they can't make no corrections dont call them of the error let him go with interview and sort it out.

On a fiancé visa:

The USCIS approves a petition. Done.

They hand off the case file to the Department of State who issues visas. Totally different part of the government. The NVC and consulate (embassy) are part of the Department of State. The handoff place is NVC. At the NVC, they assign you a new DOS case number representing the consulate that will issue the visa. Hence LND1234556789 for London.

So what happens at NVC? They unpack the folders shipped from the USCIS service center. They give you a new case number. They sort files by embassy. They pack the London box with everything going to London. They ship it out via DHL. It arrives in London four days later. My case spent two nights at NVC.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Wow I did nt know this thank you so much.

Your time getting to NVC depends on how long it takes USCIS to pack boxes and send out.

Your time at NVC just depends on how back logged they are at unpacking boxes and assigning DOS case numbers.

There's always a log jam or bottleneck somewhere it seems. It just shifts around.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Hi,hlbarney the problem is everyone call him by his middle nt his first name include me so in doing the petition the error was made i myself is be blame too iam praying all goes well I have a copy of his passport and birth certificate with me thank you for ur respond.

I don't understand why it's a problem. Just because people call him by his middle name doesn't make it his legal name, contact the NVC and correct it.

Welcome to the forum.

Agree with Nich-Nick, sort it out at the interview. The NVC is usually just a transit point, a place where the DOS case file number is assigned. If you would like to try to seriously delay your visa packet, you could contact them. They would likely only have to go through a couple thousand assorted approved visa petitions located in some warehouse(s).

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Hi, hlbareny I have a bit of update I did call nvc last week the representative said to tell my fiance to go to his interview and let them know ahead of time give is passport to show corrections at the embassy.Today I prayed about our paperwork when I spoke to nvc last week they said the process takes about 6weeks today I call I was told the petition was in transit to his country our petition arrive the 8 of September I spoke to them on the 7 I told by the representative that I dont have to send my affidavit of support,tax returns or anything my fiance is to call for a interview date give my case number that it have the fiance process change thank .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.