17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I sent in the civil document in response of a checklist to NVC which was scanned on July 18th. It had been more than 45 days and the document has not been reviewed. Called NVC today, the operator said that "since the document has not been reviewed within 45 days, I have to flag it for Supervisor Review which might take upto 6 weeks". Another 6 weeks? Has anyone been through Supervisor Review lately? Does it really take 6 weeks? Confused and frustrated.. :protest:

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I sent in the civil document in response of a checklist to NVC which was scanned on July 18th. It had been more than 45 days and the document has not been reviewed. Called NVC today, the operator said that "since the document has not been reviewed within 45 days, I have to flag it for Supervisor Review which might take upto 6 weeks". Another 6 weeks? Has anyone been through Supervisor Review lately? Does it really take 6 weeks? Confused and frustrated.. :protest:

Welcome to the strange and weird world of NVC. Supervisor review is a hit or miss. The file could be reviewed within a week or it could take the entire 45 days and still nothing may happen. This is what I've found from majority of threads. My parents case was also in supervisor review and nothing positive came out of it until i resent the checklist document that i had sent originally.

Once you send the documents requested in checklist, the outcome should be positive but this does not seem to be your case.

I would suggest that you keep calling them until you get a supervisor online and explain him/her the situation. At this point your only chance is to be able to talk to a supervisor and demand politely that your case be looked into. If i were you, I would also involve the local congressman. Waiting another 45 days is plain ridiculous. Best of luck.

Timeline

Welcome to the strange and weird world of NVC. Supervisor review is a hit or miss. The file could be reviewed within a week or it could take the entire 45 days and still nothing may happen. This is what I've found from majority of threads. My parents case was also in supervisor review and nothing positive came out of it until i resent the checklist document that i had sent originally.

Once you send the documents requested in checklist, the outcome should be positive but this does not seem to be your case.

I would suggest that you keep calling them until you get a supervisor online and explain him/her the situation. At this point your only chance is to be able to talk to a supervisor and demand politely that your case be looked into. If i were you, I would also involve the local congressman. Waiting another 45 days is plain ridiculous. Best of luck.

Thanks. I am planning to call them until I get hold of a supervisor and hope there is something he/she can do to help.

Hello,

Please read the topic I posted yestersay entitled "NVC Expedite = It really works". I had the exact experience with a supervisor review but was able to move it out of NVC. I hope it helps you!

Edited by rich&debz

Timeline

Hello,

Please read the topic I posted yestersay entitled "NVC Expedite = It really works". I had the exact experience with a supervisor review but was able to move it out of NVC. I hope it helps you!

Thank you so much for the reply. I will definitely give that a try. Btw congratulations to both of you.

Thank you so much for the reply. I will definitely give that a try. Btw congratulations to both of you.

You are very welcome! The expedite request and subsequent approval has really helped to speed things up. Our petition has been sent to the consulate and we are being told that they will schedule the interview within 2 business days of receiving it!

My best wishes for a smooth transition to you as well.

Filed: Country: Honduras
Timeline

My lawyer had to send in 2 more documents because he missed them the first time he sent in them in (i was PISSED) and the items were received on July 25th. So I called last week because it had been 6 weeks. They said it was going to a supervisor to be reviewed. I called today to see the progress and the guy said that something happened with all the documents that were received in July, for some reason none of them got reviewed. So he added me to a list and said it could be up to 6 weeks but he doubts it. Told me to call back in a week, then if nothing happens call back every couple of days until the case closes. I am going to look into the Expedite thing, but I hope that info helps :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

It's so interesting they told you to call back every couple of days. I got a very strong "don't call us, we'll call you" message.

12/14 Met at work in Rwanda

2/21/15 Became a couple

11/19/15 Married

11/23/15 I left Rwanda 

12/30/15 Mailed I-130

1/06/16 NOA1

5/03/16 NOA2!

5/06/16 NVC received case

5/20/16 Case number assigned

5/23/16 Email from NVC with case number

5/23/16 Choice of Agent filled out, AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/31/16 Called NVC, reviewed I-261 over the phone

6/02/16 IV bill invoiced and paid

7/28/16 Finally! All police clearances and birth certificate received; mailed IV and AOS; filed I-260

8/04/16 Official scan date (tracking shows "delivered" the day before)

8/15/16 Visiting my husband! 10 days

9/01/16 Received checklist in error, claiming our application was on hold because of a waiver application we never filed

9/02/16 Sent for supervisor review, six week timeframe given

9/13/16 Sent for "document review", whatever that is, told the timeframe is now indefinite

9/20/16 Contacted US Representative Adam Smith's office for assistance (WA)

9/26/16 3 N/As and Case Complete!

11/14/16 Interview: approved pending medical! (Vaccines hadn't been available)

11/19/16 Visa received in passport

12/09/16 POE Seattle

03/06/17 Green card received (address changed after POE, no problem)

5/2017 Our baby is due

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm just going to send the entire package back in

I have copies of everything

This process drived me mad but is coming to a end thank God. ???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks; iamwhatiam80

I'll send all to docs back in what is there for me to loose.

This process drived me mad but is coming to a end thank God. ???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Dona & Rajiv

I have the same experience with NVC. i submitted all my documents 14th July. After 6 weeks of completion, I called them and they said by mistake they have not touched my file. it was put aside without any reason. so operator told me she will push ahead my case and it will take another 6 weeks. Since then me and my husband from India are calling them every other day and all operators are saying the same answer that your file has been with supervisor and once she reviews it, we will contact you. When i asked to transfer my call to supervisor, most of the operators did not want me to talk to them. This is getting ridiculous. I have read that involvement of local congressman will work. i have not tried that option yet but planning to do that.

Timeline

When I called in yesterday, the operator said that my file has been picked up for review on 7th and should hear from NVC shortly. Finger crossed.

Hello Dona & Rajiv

I have the same experience with NVC. i submitted all my documents 14th July. After 6 weeks of completion, I called them and they said by mistake they have not touched my file. it was put aside without any reason. so operator told me she will push ahead my case and it will take another 6 weeks. Since then me and my husband from India are calling them every other day and all operators are saying the same answer that your file has been with supervisor and once she reviews it, we will contact you. When i asked to transfer my call to supervisor, most of the operators did not want me to talk to them. This is getting ridiculous. I have read that involvement of local congressman will work. i have not tried that option yet but planning to do that.

I guess all we can do is call them and hope our case gets reviewed quickly.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

oh wow I am very happy for you guys. Finger crossed. I wish they process it fast. I haven't heard anything from them yet. Me and my husband call them every other day since we had bad experience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.