lostbutterfly

I-129F just approved. Should I complete D-160 form now?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

I just got notice that our I-129F application is approved. Although we have to wait for our interview etc. would it be a good idea to start my D-160 form? I want to get things completed without any delay.

I am the beneficiary and my fiancé is the petitioner in the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

From service center it gets forwarded to NVC then to embassy so there's still a lot of time.

filling DS-160 will take you like 15-20 minutes. you can do it of course if you totally sure that info will not change.

Also you'll be able to schedule interview only with the case number and with your completed medical. So if you have case number go for medical to utilize better your waiting time.

Oh, what a day, what a lovely day!

Timeline

From service center it gets forwarded to NVC then to embassy so there's still a lot of time.

filling DS-160 will take you like 15-20 minutes. you can do it of course if you totally sure that info will not change.

Also you'll be able to schedule interview only with the case number and with your completed medical. So if you have case number go for medical to utilize better your waiting time.

Thank you for your response! I'm assuming I will receive the case number by mail? Or should I call? And will they give me information on where to do my medical examination? Or do I do that myself? Sorry... so many questions!

Timeline

You will receive it in email first most likely and then physical copy in your mailbox with IMBRA pamphlet.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/the-medical-examinations/

You schedule either online or through the phone in one of authorized locations but as I mentioned you will need your case number

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/MTL%20-%20Montreal.pdf

Timeline

You will receive it in email first most likely and then physical copy in your mailbox with IMBRA pamphlet.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/the-medical-examinations/

You schedule either online or through the phone in one of authorized locations but as I mentioned you will need your case number

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/MTL%20-%20Montreal.pdf

I just reviewed those links, thank you. These medical tests look a bit intense. Were you told you must take all those vaccinations? I am sort of a health freak and don't like x-rays/radiation that much especially vaccines. This is definitely something I'm concerned about.

Either way, thanks for the info.

Timeline

I just reviewed those links, thank you. These medical tests look a bit intense. Were you told you must take all those vaccinations? I am sort of a health freak and don't like x-rays/radiation that much especially vaccines. This is definitely something I'm concerned about.

Either way, thanks for the info.

You probably have had majority of them in the past and only some of them need to be renewed or made

So I'd recommend to contact your primary care physician and ask him or her to bring to your medical so they can compare with list of needed.

It's rather good idea to do it in your home country because you'll be charged more in USA and you will need it during your AOS process anyway.

x-ray is mandatory (TB screening) or at least it was in Ukraine. And in my case I needed to delay my interview for 90 days because of the sputum test they wanted me to go through. So it's just better to pass your medical asap after receiving your case number.

Timeline

You don't need all those vaccinations. There are lists of the required (age appropriate) shots in previous threads on this site, I can't google it right now but you probably already have all the shots. I did.

EDIT:

From Dr Cheema's site in Vancouver:

19-26 YEARS

Tdap (Adacel or Boosterix) - ensure you get Tdap not just Td

MMR Measles, Mumps, Rubella. ("MR" and "MM" are not enough. You need MMR)

Varicella - If you had "Chicken Pox" disease, no vaccine is needed

Influenza (only required during October - February, annually)

27-49 YEARS

50-64 YEARS

*MMR needed only for those applicants born in or after 1957.

Influenza - (only required during October - February, annually)

65 YEARS AND OLDER

Td - Within the last 10 years or needs to be repeated

Pneumococcal

Varicella - If you had "Chicken Pox" disease, no vaccine is needed. Otherwise please provide us the exact date (MM-DD-YYYY) of the Varicella vaccine. If you had chicken pox, your verbal statement is suffecient proof.

Edited by Katmedic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Did you get the NVC case number yet? If not you cant do the ds160 until you have that. No way to get an interview before the number or the ds160. Also please update your timeline please so we can see what stage you are at :)

Some doctors in some countries will not fill out the vaccination forms because technically, with a K1, you dont need any vaccinations until your AOS time in the US. Just fyi...

K1 Journey Begins

NOA1 on March 3, 2016

NOA2 on May 26, 2016

NVC Rcvd Case June 13, 2016

NVC Case and Rcpt # June 16, 2016

Case to Embassy June 16, 2016

Case Ready at Embassy June 20, 2016

Lab July 8 for minor and July 11, 2016 for Fiance

Medical July 11, 2016

Biometrics ACS July 12, 2016

Interview Approved July 14, 2016

Visa Issued via DHL July 16

Visa Arrived July 1

POE September 23, 2016 JFK

Marriage !!!!!!!!!!!! September 30, 2016

Next Step AOS..........

• November 12, 2016 - Express mail to Chicago Lockbox
  • December 5, 2016 - Electronic Notifiaction for AOS, rcvd 11/15
  • December 11, 2016 - NOA1 for EAD, 765 and 485, also accepted fingerprint fee.
  • December 28, 2016 - Biometrics
  • February 14 - EAD  & Advanced Parole Approved and being mailed. 
  • May 4 2017. Approved without interview, Card being Produced
  • May 7, 2017 recvd approval for i485
  • May 10 2017 rcvd Green Cards in mail.!!
  • Next step in 20 months to remove conditions.

Removal of Conditions Begins by end of first week of February

• February 5, 2019   - Printing package;
  • February 11, 2019 - ROC package mailed;
  • February 13, 2019 - Package delivered to Dallas Tx;
  • February 15, 2019 - Credit Card Charged;
  • February 19, 2019 - Electronic Notification Rec'd, Case Location LIN - Nebraska;
  • February 21, 2019 - Received NOA with 18 month extension for wife ONLY, not 14yo dependent who is on application;
  • March 12, 2019      - Notified USCIS that we never rcvd i797 for 14 yo minor, they provided a case # and submitted a Svc Request
  • May 2.2019             -  No forward motion, we called again and despite there was an officer assigned to this service request nothing happened/ no extension. We filed an InfoPass and have an appointment for Monday 6th for passport stamp.
  • May 6, 2019 - Attended InfoPass appointment in Philadelphia local USCIS local office for 930. This was for a never rcvd 797 for our 14yo dependent. Arrived 9:15, not crowded at all. No extra photos or fingerprint taken. We were in the car (lots of parking available) at 945. Pleasant female officer, she updated and checked for no changes. Stamped passport, explained is valid for 1 year. The took the green card which expired 5/4/19. No issues or problems.. I asked about the non receipt and she said it's pretty common.. 
  • August 23 - Biometrics NOA, scheduled for 9/3 @1pm
  • September 3 - Biometrics
  • September 4 -Fingerprint Review was completed
  • January 8 - ROC, Card Being Processed, Citizenship is next!
  • January 15 2020  - Cards Delivered

N400 Citizenship :)

• November 28, 2020     - N400 Filed online and paid via CC
  • November 28, 2020     - NOA received electronically

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Did you get the NVC case number yet? If not you cant do the ds160 until you have that.

I filled in my DS-160 right after I got my NOA2, having the case number from NVC isn't needed, nor do they ask for it anywhere in the DS-160 form.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

I filled in my DS-160 right after I got my NOA2, having the case number from NVC isn't needed, nor do they ask for it anywhere in the DS-160 form.

The ds160 gives you a choice of the NVC number or the filing number you get first from USCIS but most countries you cant get a medical appointment, lab and bio-graphics without a case number. After aprox two weeks you can start to call for your case number. In my situation I was much more concerned rushing the case number than the ds160 because that is completely under you control and generally quick at any time.

Also try to keep you timeline up tp date so members helping can see exactly where you are at. In addition the VJ site statistics come directly from timelines so stats are much more accurate.

Finally the medical is pretty easy and relatively minor. Cant get around the xray unfortunately unless you are under 15 and you get TB skin test instead, but as an adult, its vital.

Edited by bigjailerman

K1 Journey Begins

NOA1 on March 3, 2016

NOA2 on May 26, 2016

Medical July 11, 2016

Visa Arrived July 1

Next Step AOS..........

• February 19, 2019 - Electronic Notification Rec'd, Case Location LIN - Nebraska;
  • February 21, 2019 - Received NOA with 18 month extension for wife ONLY, not 14yo dependent who is on application;
  • March 12, 2019      - Notified USCIS that we never rcvd i797 for 14 yo minor, they provided a case # and submitted a Svc Request
  • May 2.2019             -  No forward motion, we called again and despite there was an officer assigned to this service request nothing happened/ no extension. We filed an InfoPass and have an appointment for Monday 6th for passport stamp.
  • May 6, 2019 - Attended InfoPass appointment in Philadelphia local USCIS local office for 930. This was for a never rcvd 797 for our 14yo dependent. Arrived 9:15, not crowded at all. No extra photos or fingerprint taken. We were in the car (lots of parking available) at 945. Pleasant female officer, she updated and checked for no changes. Stamped passport, explained is valid for 1 year. The took the green card which expired 5/4/19. No issues or problems.. I asked about the non receipt and she said it's pretty common.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The ds160 gives you a choice of the NVC number or the filing number you get first from USCIS but most countries you cant get a medical appointment, lab and bio-graphics without a case number. After aprox two weeks you can start to call for your case number. In my situation I was much more concerned rushing the case number than the ds160 because that is completely under you control and generally quick at any time.

Also try to keep you timeline up tp date so members helping can see exactly where you are at. In addition the VJ site statistics come directly from timelines so stats are much more accurate.

Finally the medical is pretty easy and relatively minor. Cant get around the xray unfortunately unless you are under 15 and you get TB skin test instead, but as an adult, its vital.

Must be country specific then, the DS-160 I filled in specifically asked for the USCIS number (the WAC number for most of us), not the NVC case number.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

Must be country specific then, the DS-160 I filled in specifically asked for the USCIS number (the WAC number for most of us), not the NVC case number.

I'll wait a couple of weeks to get the receipt number and see which one it requires me to fill out.

Thank you

Timeline

Actually it is not country specific. Honestly you can insert case number or uscis number, both work perfectly fine. However I was trying to impress how important the case number is because you need it to make payments, medical appointments, labs etc. Some folks get it quickly and some have to wait. It hovers between two and three weeks. Without the case number the embassy doesn't move on your application either.

K1 Journey Begins

NOA1 on March 3, 2016

NOA2 on May 26, 2016

Medical July 11, 2016

Visa Arrived July 1

Next Step AOS..........

Timeline

Did you get the NVC case number yet? If not you cant do the ds160 until you have that. No way to get an interview before the number or the ds160. Also please update your timeline please so we can see what stage you are at :)

Some doctors in some countries will not fill out the vaccination forms because technically, with a K1, you dont need any vaccinations until your AOS time in the US. Just fyi...

Thank you!! Just updated my profile, it's a bit confusing to set everything up on this site but I'm definitely learning so much.

Speaking of vaccinations, I spoke with my mother and she has my vaccine records. Turns out I have most if not all of them! (Phew!)

Timeline

You don't need all those vaccinations. There are lists of the required (age appropriate) shots in previous threads on this site, I can't google it right now but you probably already have all the shots. I did.

EDIT:

From Dr Cheema's site in Vancouver:

19-26 YEARS

27-49 YEARS

50-64 YEARS

*MMR needed only for those applicants born in or after 1957.

65 YEARS AND OLDER

Td - Within the last 10 years or needs to be repeated

Pneumococcal

Varicella - If you had "Chicken Pox" disease, no vaccine is needed. Otherwise please provide us the exact date (MM-DD-YYYY) of the Varicella vaccine. If you had chicken pox, your verbal statement is suffecient proof.

Yes! I just found out I did get the shots! *feeling relieved*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.