Thidasavanh

Help please....

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Could anyone give me an answer about what happen to my case? I Will explain every details from start to end..

7year ago my step dad went back to my home town to get married with my mom next year after that he took me and my mom to united state and he done every paper work and everything. Include Visa, 10 green card. But he didn't know that I can be automatically become us citizen at that time. Until

Last year 2015 on February I was still 18 year old and I planing to become US Citizenship. So I decide to fill out the forum I-130 before I turning 19 and I sent it to USCIS. And I call to ask about my case status 2-3month per time. But My case was still in process until now August 2016. In this Friday I give them a call again and I was surprise she said that I summit wrong forum. I was shock and stuck.

So my question is:

How come when I give them a call and ask about my case every time they didn't tell me that I was sumit wrong forum?

How come they didn't know that I already become a green card holder and already live in US before they approve the case?

And it's anyway that they will return the money?

In this case I really do understand that it's small chance to get it back that's it okay for me. But if it possible please do give me some advice I would to give a try.

Last question is: if this happen how can I cancel my case. Because now I'm already 20 in next couple month I will turning 21 so I just going to take a test. It's not going to effect anything if I leave the case like this?

Ps: I really do understand that we summit wrong forum but I just don't understand how come they didn't notic anything since I already got my green card since I was here 5 year ago.

BTW this is my first time in this forum if I'm incorrect anything please suggest me.. And my English wasn't that good.. Everyone Please do understand.

If anyone didn't understand please comment I will answer and explain again.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely:

Thidasavanh

You won't get money back for submitting a wrong form. File n-400.

Removal of Conditions Journey

3/3/2009 - Removal of conditions - sent off packet to CSC

3/5/2009 - I-751 received in CSC

3/9/2009 - Check cashed

3/20/2009 - Biometrics notice received (no NOA1)

4/2/2009 - Biometrics

4/9/2009 - NOA1 date (first undelivered one is 3/5)

4/3/2009 - Touch?

5/6/2009 - ROC Approval - 65 days

6/22/2009 - CRIS Card production ordered email

7/7/2009 - GC arrived!

Naturalization Journey

3/03/2010 N400 sent to Arizona Lockbox

3/15/2010 Check cashed

3/17/2010 NOA1

3/18/2010 - Biometrics notice sent

3/26/2010 Early biometrics done at an ASC different from the one assigned to (Original BIO date was 4/15)

4/30/2010 Yellow letter received and info from USCIS mil line they are working on my interview letter (6/17 appt)

5/1/2010 Text and email interview letter sen

5/6/2010 Interview letter received - scheduled for 6/17/2010 at 10:05am

6/17/2010 Interview appointment - PASSED

6/29/2010 US Citizen

Okay so now my question is

How can I cancel the case? I just give them a call to uscis to cancel my case? Or something else!

And second if I cancel this case can I summit forum N-400? If I'm not 21year old yet! To be clear I become a permanent resident on Feb 15 2011 so now it already August 2016. That's mean it already 5year but I'm still 20year old. I can do that?

Thank you.

Call them to cancel, but also send a letter and keep a copy.

Is your mom a US citzen, and if so, when did she become one?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

hi

you have a few things incorrect, firstly, you couldn't derive citizenship from your step dad, so you weren't automatically a USC

the only way to derive citizenship is if your mom became a USC before you were 18, if it wasn't the case, then you had to wait 5 years to be able to apply for citizenship on your own

after 18 it doesn't matter how old you are to file the N400, 21 won't make any difference, it's before 18 to derive citizenship without taking the test or after 18 filing the N400 and taking the test, turning 21 won't change anything because you are older than 17

after having 5 years of being a GC holder, you can file for citizenship at any moment and at any age, or choose not to file at all

as said, since it was your mistake, you won't get your money back

you can cancel the i130 and file the N400 if you qualify

Edited by aleful

@aleful

Thank you so much for clear all my question..this was I looking for

Now I really do understand everything.

So I will start to cancel my I-130 forum and apply for us citizen.

Thank you again everyone..

Sincerely

Thidasavanh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.