KULtoATL

Which in-person meeting to outline in Question 34.a.?

6 posts in this topic

My fiancee and I have met twice and we are planning to meet for the third time before sending in our petition. We are currently drafting our response for the I-129F.

In reference to Question 34.a. (describing circumstances of meeting), which meeting should we state in our response? Do we use the first meeting's main details (when, where, what) or do we describe the latest meeting which happens before the filing of our petition?

Thank you in advance.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

For example; My fiance did the following for this, he wrote where/how we met and then the details of our first meeting -> details of our second meeting -> details of our third meeting etc etc with dates and locations up until his proposal to me.

I should start with describing with how you met (online/holiday w/e) following with how your first meeting went with small details.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Describe in a brief statement how you actually met, for example: "We first met on June X, 201X at a conference in New York," or "We met at a party on July X, 201X given by mutual friends in London," or "We met in a chess chatroom in May 201X," or whatever it was.

You have to have met face-to-face, in person within 2 years before filing your application, and you have to show proof of that face-to-face meeting with airline receipts, photos of you together, hotel receipts, whatever you have. Chat logs are good to help show an ongoing, genuine relationship. USCIS wants you to show them that this is a bonafide relationship.

Good luck! :)

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Describe in a brief statement how you actually met, for example: "We first met on June X, 201X at a conference in New York," or "We met at a party on July X, 201X given by mutual friends in London," or "We met in a chess chatroom in May 201X," or whatever it was.

You have to have met face-to-face, in person within 2 years before filing your application, and you have to show proof of that face-to-face meeting with airline receipts, photos of you together, hotel receipts, whatever you have. Chat logs are good to help show an ongoing, genuine relationship. USCIS wants you to show them that this is a bonafide relationship.

Good luck! :)

:thumbs: For clarification only, proof of on going relationship (chat logs, pictures, etc) are not needed for the majority of the people petitioning for a K1. The only ones who should include this information, are those going to high fraud embassies, where it's advised that they front load their petition.

Remember to read the guides from the forum, they have very helpful samples of a straight forward filing. http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: Timeline

I've been curious with this one as well. USA here and fiance is in Brasil. We've been together (officially dating) for about a year. Within the year, we've visited each other once. Her here for Christmas & New Years (21 days) and me in Brasil recently for 44 days. When we aren't together in person, we are CONSTANTLY on Skype/Facetime for video and of course texting when we can (We talk everyday. Never once had a day go by I believe where we didn't talk). I've seen videos of people going crazy with the i-129F package in what they include.

My question is this. We brain farted on one part of our trip because it was our first meeting. We didn't know about the k1 process yet, but when she was here, we didn't get any photos with her and my family/friends. Plenty of photos of her here in Ohio and with me, but didn't snap any of us with family. It was just so early on still. I got plenty of photos with me, her, and her family and friends in Brasil.

Does her not having any with my family hurt our process?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I've been curious with this one as well. USA here and fiance is in Brasil. We've been together (officially dating) for about a year. Within the year, we've visited each other once. Her here for Christmas & New Years (21 days) and me in Brasil recently for 44 days. When we aren't together in person, we are CONSTANTLY on Skype/Facetime for video and of course texting when we can (We talk everyday. Never once had a day go by I believe where we didn't talk). I've seen videos of people going crazy with the i-129F package in what they include.

My question is this. We brain farted on one part of our trip because it was our first meeting. We didn't know about the k1 process yet, but when she was here, we didn't get any photos with her and my family/friends. Plenty of photos of her here in Ohio and with me, but didn't snap any of us with family. It was just so early on still. I got plenty of photos with me, her, and her family and friends in Brasil.

Does her not having any with my family hurt our process?

It shouldn't. It helps, but it's not mandatory.. imagine that not every person in this world has a family and those who have one may live away from them. This is about the two of you... so, do you have pictures from that Christmas and New years here in the US? Did you take pictures of the two of you in Brasil? A sample of your digital conversations should suffice (it doesn't have to be the ones in which you declare your love for each other either).

I always say... Imagine you are the IO and have the package you put together in your hands. Based on what you see, is it obvious that you are couple? Is the packet telling a real story of two people in love? If the answer to that is YES then, great! That's what supposed to happen to them when they grab your things.

Edited by Celeste & C

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.