Omeprazole913

Finding out more information?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Good day everyone,

I would like some advice. My grandmother is a US citizen and filed for 3 her adult children in 2010. 2 of whom were unmarried when the petition was filed, but one got married a few years after. Anyway, the priority date for my (married) mother was 2006. But we have not heard anything at all to date. I tried emailing with the required information (reciept # etc) but I have not gotten a reply. None them have gotten through. We all have aged out of getting through with our mother, but I would like to know if there is any way of finding out more information on her case. We are from Guyana.

here's the letter I sent to.

asknvc@state.gov:

Please let me know if there is anything else that we can do.

Dear Sir/Madam

Name of person Inquiring: Jane Doe

USCIS Reciept number: WAC-00-000-00000

Petitioner's name and date of birth: Jane Doe sr. D.O.B 00/00/19

Principal Applicant name and date of birth: Jane Doe D.O..B 00/00/19

I am the married daughter of Jane Doe SR. who filed for an immigrant visa application on my behalf.

The priority date was 12/05/2006. All the documents requested were sent to the office on time and to date we have not received correspondence with regards to this case.

Yours sincerely

Edited by Omeprazole913

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Confused. The petition was filed in 2010 but the priority date is 2006. How could the petition have been received four years prior to being filed?

Married children of US citizens are in the F3 category. They are currently processing applications with a priority date of Dec 2004. So there are still a few more years to wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

Then it was in 2006. she should have a copy of the approved i130 with the exact priority date

you have to check the visa bulletin each month, for now category F3 for next month is Dec 1, 2005, so it will be around 2 years more

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Timeline

I'm having a hard time as well and I'd appreciate some help. My grandmother whos now a USC fled for mu unmarred mother in 2012 ( case was approved JAN 13,2012). My mother is living in jamaica if that make any difference. Would like to know when her priority date is

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hi could someone advise me on this?

So my grandmother petitioned for my mother in October of 2006 but my grandmama died in 2013 , shorty after my uncle took over everything.I know this process takes about 12 years. So my question is now that it's 2017 and we'll be entering the 12th year in October of this year ,aren't we supposed to be receiving a paper from immigration by now ? And when are the likely to send it, beginning of the 12th year or the the ending?

Timeline

Hi could someone advise me on this?

So my grandmother petitioned for my mother in October of 2006 but my grandmama died in 2013 , shorty after my uncle took over everything.I know this process takes about 12 years. So my question is now that it's 2017 and we'll be entering the 12th year in October of this year ,aren't we supposed to be receiving a paper from immigration by now ? And when are the likely to send it, beginning of the 12th year or the the ending?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Where are you located ?   IF the petitioner died the petition is also dead unless you are living in the US already.  Did your uncle file a new petition based on siblings ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

I'm in Guyana South America 

when my grandmother died my uncle paid a fee back for the continuation of the same petition. The lawyer said he could do that within the 3 months of my grandmother's death. So I'm guessing it's in the f4 category now

I don't know how this works.. thank you for replying 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.