Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ChristianZane said:

Typical, don't worry.  You didn't request a name change in your original N400?  Or you asked to change it from what you stated in the N400?

No, I didn't ask for name change on initial application. Does it take longer than regular time if someone changes the name on the day of interview? 

Edited by Mubin

4 hours ago, javierita said:

I'm sorry to hear this, I hope things go well from now on :( I'm glad it's over for you.  Your experience also scares me because my interview is tomorrow...  

Don't worry. If you face any problem like me, don't be afraid to ask. There are 100s of IO,not everyone is same.

4 hours ago, Lenchick said:

My officer also spoke extremely fast that it sounded as if she was swollowing the words but she was really nice. Did the officer ask you to sign an electronic screen? Maybe they didn't have it the same in different offices. I was asked to sign the info on the electronic tablet and was told to check it as this is the info that would appear on my naturalization certificate. 

I only signed the paper copy of name change and the application. 

Edited by Mubin

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, vanhiscers87 said:

PD: August 15, 2016

Field Office: San Fernando Valley/Chatsworth, CA

I just got a text/e-mail notification that says my interview has been scheduled!

Since I wasn't able to submit an e-request online yet, I had Senator Diane Feinstein's office submit a case inquiry for me last month. Her staff member confirmed that they sent the inquiry, but I haven't received the result, so as usual, we don't know if it's the inquiry that's triggered the interview scheduling.

Congrats! Got mine too.. PD: Aug. 8, 2016... interview on apr 27.. when is ur interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Liesel said:

Congrats! Got mine too.. PD: Aug. 8, 2016... interview on apr 27.. when is ur interview?

Umm, I don't know yet. The notification just came in today, so I've neither received the notice in the mail, nor have they uploaded the PDF online yet...

Edited by vanhiscers87

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
11 minutes ago, vanhiscers87 said:

Umm, I don't know yet. The notification just came in today, so I've neither received the notice in the mail, nor have they uploaded the PDF online yet...

Both of your interview will be on May 12 or 15 or somewhere around then, they time the letter to arrive one month before interview, and it takes about 8 days for letter to arrive.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Got my appointment too !!! May 9th @ 2PM !!!  , now it's time to start studying!!!

I wish it were sooner but at least I got a date and time !

For any male that has had the interview, did  you bring a letter for selective services in case you weren't able to apply? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

ChristianZane told me i was due March 31. It's almost a week past that and nothing :(. Am I literally the last person in August to not have an interview? Chicago PD 8/11

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kamex009 said:

Got my appointment too !!! May 9th @ 2PM !!!  , now it's time to start studying!!!

I wish it were sooner but at least I got a date and time !

For any male that has had the interview, did  you bring a letter for selective services in case you weren't able to apply? 

Oh I said May 12, I was close! :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, CCN400 said:

ChristianZane told me i was due March 31. It's almost a week past that and nothing :(. Am I literally the last person in August to not have an interview? Chicago PD 8/11

Chicago is processing at 7 months and 21 days, if your PD is August 11 you should have heard from them around April 3 (since March 31 was the beginning of a weekend), so you are still in a decent timeframe as it's only April 5, hold tight a couple of weeks and you should hear something.

Edited by ChristianZane

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
Just now, ChristianZane said:

Chicago is processing at 7 months and 21 days, if your PD is August 11 you should have head from them around April 3, so you are still in a decent timeframe, hold tight a couple of weeks and you should hear something.

Thanks for the response man. These forums keep me sane :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.