Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

@yurani, Thanks for reaching out. Sadly I haven't heard anything as of yet. I called USCIS Customer Support on Friday (03/31) and spoke to both an L1 and an L2 officer. They told me that due to high application volume they apologize for any delays, then they went on to say that my case was within normal processing times for my field office (at a rate of 8 months and 10 days, posted on the USCIS Website) and I should hear within the next 30-60 days and if I don't I should apply for an info-pass. Not the most helpful information but I have decided to fix an infopass appointment if I don't hear anything by May 1st. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything. I know the wait is horrible. I am just so glad I don't have upcoming travel plans and my green card isn't expiring anytime soon! :)

Edited by phunkyvida
I can't brain today, I have the dumb

Met in University in Switzerland 02/10/2010

Got Married 11/09/2012

Conditional Permanent Residence (CR6):
Forms Received at USCIS Location: 02/4/2013
Form I-797C NoA Received: 02/11/2013
Biometrics Appointment: 03/01/2013
RFE: 03/20/2013
Received EAD & Advanced Parole Card in the mail 05/02/2013

Received Interview Appointment Letter: 05/02/2013
Interviewed & Approved on the spot: 05/30/2013

Received Green Card (CR6) in the Mail on 06/11/2013

(127 Days)

Removal of Conditions (IR6):

Form I-751 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS VT via USPS: 03/09/2015

Form I-751 & Biometric Payment ($590) Processed: 03/17/2015

Form I-751 NoA Received: 03/19/2015

Form I-797C NoA Received: 04/02/2015

Biometrics Appointment: 04/16/2015

Form I-751 Approved: 11/06/2015

Received Green Card (IR6): 11/13/2015

(249 Days)

Naturalization (N-400):

Form N-400 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS TX via USPS: 08/20/2016

Forms Received at USCIS Location: 08/22/2016

Official USCIS Acceptance Confirmation: 08/24/2016

Form Fee & Biometric Payment ($680) Processed: 08/24/2016

Form I-751 NoA Received: 08/31/2016

Form I-797C NoA Received:09/02/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 09/15/2016

In-Line for Interview: 09/19/2016

"Interview was scheduled" e-notification: 04/27/2017

Interview letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS: 04/28/2017
Interview letter was Delivered: 05/01/2017
Interview Date: 06/05/2017
Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (N-445): 06/07/2017
Oath Ceremony: 06/30/2017
(310 Days)
US Passport (DS-11):
Applied at County Courthouse: 03/24/2019
Cheque Cashed/Trackable: 03/26/2019
Passport Received: 04/13/2019
Passport Card Received: 04/15/2019
Naturalization Certificate Returned:04/16/2019
(23 Days)

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Fellow Filers, this morning I got several SMS messages informing me that there was an update on my case, went online and I can see that there was an Appointment scheduled and the same disclaimer about bieng mailed out.

Now I just need to re-take the studying and wait for the PDF to be uploaded and the letter to arrive.

Does anyone know where to check on how many Oath ceremonies are held at my FO ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

@Kamex009

The Santa Ana Field Office conducts Judicial Ceremonies once per month.  This office does not conduct same-day naturalization ceremonies.

(https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices/california-santa-ana-field-office#Naturalizatoin Ceremonies)

Met in University in Switzerland 02/10/2010

Got Married 11/09/2012

Conditional Permanent Residence (CR6):
Forms Received at USCIS Location: 02/4/2013
Form I-797C NoA Received: 02/11/2013
Biometrics Appointment: 03/01/2013
RFE: 03/20/2013
Received EAD & Advanced Parole Card in the mail 05/02/2013

Received Interview Appointment Letter: 05/02/2013
Interviewed & Approved on the spot: 05/30/2013

Received Green Card (CR6) in the Mail on 06/11/2013

(127 Days)

Removal of Conditions (IR6):

Form I-751 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS VT via USPS: 03/09/2015

Form I-751 & Biometric Payment ($590) Processed: 03/17/2015

Form I-751 NoA Received: 03/19/2015

Form I-797C NoA Received: 04/02/2015

Biometrics Appointment: 04/16/2015

Form I-751 Approved: 11/06/2015

Received Green Card (IR6): 11/13/2015

(249 Days)

Naturalization (N-400):

Form N-400 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS TX via USPS: 08/20/2016

Forms Received at USCIS Location: 08/22/2016

Official USCIS Acceptance Confirmation: 08/24/2016

Form Fee & Biometric Payment ($680) Processed: 08/24/2016

Form I-751 NoA Received: 08/31/2016

Form I-797C NoA Received:09/02/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 09/15/2016

In-Line for Interview: 09/19/2016

"Interview was scheduled" e-notification: 04/27/2017

Interview letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS: 04/28/2017
Interview letter was Delivered: 05/01/2017
Interview Date: 06/05/2017
Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (N-445): 06/07/2017
Oath Ceremony: 06/30/2017
(310 Days)
US Passport (DS-11):
Applied at County Courthouse: 03/24/2019
Cheque Cashed/Trackable: 03/26/2019
Passport Received: 04/13/2019
Passport Card Received: 04/15/2019
Naturalization Certificate Returned:04/16/2019
(23 Days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Kamex009 said:

@phunkyvida Thank you very much !

Does any one know that if "changing jobs" before the Interview, could raise a red flag ? or am I being too paranoid ?

That's not a big deal, with their processing efficiency, I'm sure a lot of people do change jobs in between, but since you're technically revising the application, definitely bring some of the latest pay stubs with you as proof.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
9 hours ago, Kamex009 said:

Fellow Filers, this morning I got several SMS messages informing me that there was an update on my case, went online and I can see that there was an Appointment scheduled and the same disclaimer about bieng mailed out.

Now I just need to re-take the studying and wait for the PDF to be uploaded and the letter to arrive.

Does anyone know where to check on how many Oath ceremonies are held at my FO ??

Your interview will be on May 11th, or within a few days.

I had my interview yesterday. But it wasn't anywhere near I expected. The IO was really rude. I changed my name during the interview, maybe that thing pissed him off, IDK. Anyway, It's done. Waiting for any status update/oath date. I am expecting a delay in my oath because of the name change. But how long would that be? Any idea? Also, he made me very nervous on the interview. When he was going over the questions in original N400 form, he was asking the questing too fast. Overall, it was a bad experience for me. I have one more question, if I see any error in my name change on the day of the oath, what should I do? Although when I signed my new name, I double checked everything but not 100% sure about the spelling (was too nervous). TIA.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Mubin said:

I had my interview yesterday. But it wasn't anywhere near I expected. The IO was really rude. I changed my name during the interview, maybe that thing pissed him off, IDK. Anyway, It's done. Waiting for any status update/oath date. I am expecting a delay in my oath because of the name change. But how long would that be? Any idea? Also, he made me very nervous on the interview. When he was going over the questions in original N400 form, he was asking the questing too fast. Overall, it was a bad experience for me. I have one more question, if I see any error in my name change on the day of the oath, what should I do? Although when I signed my new name, I double checked everything but not 100% sure about the spelling (was too nervous). TIA.

Typical, don't worry.  You didn't request a name change in your original N400?  Or you asked to change it from what you stated in the N400?

44 minutes ago, Mubin said:

I'm sorry to hear this, I hope things go well from now on :( I'm glad it's over for you.  Your experience also scares me because my interview is tomorrow...  

Edited by javierita
Removed word

1 hour ago, Mubin said:

My officer also spoke extremely fast that it sounded as if she was swollowing the words but she was really nice. Did the officer ask you to sign an electronic screen? Maybe they didn't have it the same in different offices. I was asked to sign the info on the electronic tablet and was told to check it as this is the info that would appear on my naturalization certificate. 

On 4/1/2017 at 1:09 AM, NCPAL said:

I had my oath ceremony this morning. The actual ceremony took one hour, but I ended up being there for 3.5 hours because of all the procedures before and after the ceremony. I have already registered to vote, updated my social security record and applied for a US passport today. It has been a busy day, but also a great one. Best of luck to all of you, and soon you will be fellow citizens!

Congratulations!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

PD: August 15, 2016

Field Office: San Fernando Valley/Chatsworth, CA

I just got a text/e-mail notification that says my interview has been scheduled!

Since I wasn't able to submit an e-request online yet, I had Senator Diane Feinstein's office submit a case inquiry for me last month. Her staff member confirmed that they sent the inquiry, but I haven't received the result, so as usual, we don't know if it's the inquiry that's triggered the interview scheduling.

Just now, vanhiscers87 said:

I just got a text/e-mail notification that says my interview has been scheduled!

Since I wasn't able to submit an e-request online yet, I had Senator Diane Feinstein's office submit a case inquiry for me last month. Her staff member confirmed that they sent the inquiry, but I haven't received the result, so as usual, we don't know if it's the inquiry that's triggered the interview scheduling.

Still whoever triggered the interview! Congrats to you. Give me hope somehow. My PD is Aug 22, 2016...also same field office. Hopefully I'm next. :)

Timeline
10 minutes ago, vanhiscers87 said:

Probably total coincidence, but congrats! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.