Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, hpereira said:

i just finally received an update on my case. my interview is scheduled for March 14th. does anyone know if a decision is made on that day? I know i will have to go with my wife who is a citizen and i will be tested on US history.

Great! Congrats!

Also, mentioned by hpereira, this is a question for all: does our spouses have to come to the interview if we apply based on marriage? What do you think?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wife’s application was received Aug 12; biomed Sept 1. Now, we’re waiting like everyone else, and expecting to receive an interview date (Hartford CT) within the next month or so.

We have two questions, please, if anyone can provide info:

1.    1.     When we receive the interview date, is it easy to have it changed? If so, how long will the wait be? We have a mid-April commitment out-of-state, and, well, it now looks like that’s right about when we might expect the interview to be scheduled.

2.     2.    My wife’s son, my step-son, age 11, has a 2-year Green Card that expires early June (he came to U.S. two years after my wife). His time to initiate the application for removal of conditions begins early in March. My wife should easily have taken her oath by the time his 2-year card expires. When she becomes a citizen, he also becomes a citizen automatically. Question: do we need to begin the application to remove conditions since he will be a citizen before his 2-year card expires?

Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions, and good luck to all.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Bill CT said:

Wife’s application was received Aug 12; biomed Sept 1. Now, we’re waiting like everyone else, and expecting to receive an interview date (Hartford CT) within the next month or so.

We have two questions, please, if anyone can provide info:

1.    1.     When we receive the interview date, is it easy to have it changed? If so, how long will the wait be? We have a mid-April commitment out-of-state, and, well, it now looks like that’s right about when we might expect the interview to be scheduled.

2.     2.    My wife’s son, my step-son, age 11, has a 2-year Green Card that expires early June (he came to U.S. two years after my wife). His time to initiate the application for removal of conditions begins early in March. My wife should easily have taken her oath by the time his 2-year card expires. When she becomes a citizen, he also becomes a citizen automatically. Question: do we need to begin the application to remove conditions since he will be a citizen before his 2-year card expires?

Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions, and good luck to all.

@Bill CT I am not sure about 2, but I can help with 1. I am going to Asia all of April for a work trip and I spoke to a lawyer who told me that postponing the interview is fine. She said the delay is usually 2-3 months more. I expect that I will need to postpone my interview too and not looking forward to that at all.

Timeline

@BillCT: for Number 2: i would get an infopass appointment to be sure, but I believe that you can wait until the GC is almost expires and IF your wife has not yet had her oath by then, then I would apply for the removal of conditions. As far as I know you can travel abroad while the permanent (10 yr) green card is pending.

Nevertheless, I would go and ask that question either via Infopass or phone

Hope you didn't get too much snow yesterday!

On 10.02.2017 at 3:27 PM, EastCoast_Guy said:

Great! Congrats!

Also, mentioned by hpereira, this is a question for all: does our spouses have to come to the interview if we apply based on marriage? What do you think?

I don't think so. It is not a requirement. More over, some spouses are not able to come due to different kind of reasons. Also, I read before someone already asked the same question here on VJ. The spouse will not be allowed to be present during the interview anyway. Correct me if I am wrong.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lenchick said:

I don't think so. It is not a requirement. More over, some spouses are not able to come due to different kind of reasons. Also, I read before someone already asked the same question here on VJ. The spouse will not be allowed to be present during the interview anyway. Correct me if I am wrong.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

you are correct, spouse does not have to come. I was asked why my spouse was not there, and I explained his poor health due to back surgery but the spouse does not need to be there.

Timeline

Thank you both, Lenchick and frosting, that's what I thought too, and it makes sense. But it's good to have confirmation!

Edited by EastCoast_Guy

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sigh.....  Another week starts and no updates on my case :(  , in two days it'll be 6 months of my PD ,  according to the processing times my FO ( Santa Ana) is currently processing June 12th of 2016 , which is 2 months away from my PD ... ARRGHHH  its just sooo frustrating , anyhow I just wanted to vent out my frustrations with people that can relate to the pain.

32 minutes ago, Kamex009 said:

Sigh.....  Another week starts and no updates on my case :(  , in two days it'll be 6 months of my PD ,  according to the processing times my FO ( Santa Ana) is currently processing June 12th of 2016 , which is 2 months away from my PD ... ARRGHHH  its just sooo frustrating , anyhow I just wanted to vent out my frustrations with people that can relate to the pain.

I'm slightly past 6 months and still no updates. It's discouraging to see that cases in other states are moving so quickly and still nothing for me here in Seattle :( just wanted to let you know I share your frustration. 

2 hours ago, Kamex009 said:

Same here 6 month. Nothing. Bio was scheduled in September and no updates. NYC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kamex009 said:

hi the website says as of November 30 they are processing June 12 for Santa Ana, which means that on November 30, their processing time was 5 months and 18 days, today who knows how long it is but they will release new numbers on Wednesday I expect it to be at least 6-7 months, when was your Filing Date?

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

@ChristianZane    my PD is 8/16/2016 , that's why I'm waiting for it to be 6 months before calling and trying to see what's going on

Edited by Kamex009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.