The Nature  Boy

The Worst of Black Lives Matter

76 posts in this topic

I didn't misapply anything. Racial tension in this country is worse than it has been at any time in my life, today. Do I see it locally? Not at all. But looking at the interwebs, it is out there.

What is BLM in your estimation? What exactly are they doing for the race situation, either for the better or making it worse?

And if you can show me one place where I defended the right-leaning media against the left, I'll send you a flower. Cuz that is NOT the case. Doesn't really matter the slant from either side, if one looks at it all, it mostly sucks. "Honesty in reporting" has changed a lot during my lifetime. Today, it seems to be more, "my opinion on the matter is the right one, and if you don't see it my way, you are bigoted". Sad state of affairs, really. And that applies to both sides of the media, as well as to both parties in politics.

Is racial tension really as bad as some medi outlets make it out to be, or does the interweb play a big part in making it seem worse than it really is? My opinion is the latter. What I see in my everyday life is that racial tension is at a very low level compared to when I was younger. I'm talking about the 60's and 70's.

I didn't misapply anything. Racial tension in this country is worse than it has been at any time in my life, today. Do I see it locally? Not at all. But looking at the interwebs, it is out there.

What is BLM in your estimation? What exactly are they doing for the race situation, either for the better or making it worse?

And if you can show me one place where I defended the right-leaning media against the left, I'll send you a flower. Cuz that is NOT the case. Doesn't really matter the slant from either side, if one looks at it all, it mostly sucks. "Honesty in reporting" has changed a lot during my lifetime. Today, it seems to be more, "my opinion on the matter is the right one, and if you don't see it my way, you are bigoted". Sad state of affairs, really. And that applies to both sides of the media, as well as to both parties in politics.

dude, it's my reasoning (your words) so only i can say if you misapplied it.

the part in bold, i disagree. i assume you're older than me, and i find it surprising that you genuinely feel racial tension you don't even see is the worst it's been in your lifetime. maybe you've never lived through racial tension in your local community, i have. when all was said and done, black and white unity is what brought us through it without a full on 'race war' or whatever i keep seeing some of my fam on fb going completely bs crazy about..

if you want to know more about blm, go to the source. http://blacklivesmatter.com/who-we-are/

and as far as earning my flower, i'm not saying you defend right leaning media, i'm saying you eat it up. your opinion reflects it.

Is racial tension really as bad as some medi outlets make it out to be, or does the interweb play a big part in making it seem worse than it really is? My opinion is the latter. What I see in my everyday life is that racial tension is at a very low level compared to when I was younger. I'm talking about the 60's and 70's.

Darn you old

Filed: Timeline

No thanks on the black lies matter offer. I have seen their message several times on national news, and I want no part of it. It's bitter, at best.

And as for the latter, only on here. On other venues, I am often found arguing the opposite. Like I did with the speech in question. The strong-right-leaners have to be reined in too. Try to keep things even. But here, there seems to be so much leftism, I will only ever get to tug it to the right IOT keep the balance.

if you want to know more about blm, go to the source. http://blacklivesmatter.com/who-we-are/

and as far as earning my flower, i'm not saying you defend right leaning media, i'm saying you eat it up. your opinion reflects it.

No thanks on the black lies matter offer. I have seen their message several times on national news, and I want no part of it. It's bitter, at best.

you asked.

I remember that time period also

We had the forced bussing desegregation going on here in the 70's and early 80's. There were daily riots, it wasn't pretty.

NYC41963-1.jpg

boston-busing-riots.jpg?w=300&h=206

Yup I lived in that time.

This is one of the most well known pics from those riots. It shows a white man about to plunge the American flag into a black man.

Foto-iconiche-che-hanno-vinto-il-premio-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's downtown Boston, I believe the building on the right was the old City Hall.

Wow.

We had the Brixton riots in London 1981 against the police.

And many more later. Now an fairly upmarket area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Brixton_riot

I found the info about that pic on Wiki. It was in front of City Hall. My mind still works okay for an old. :lol:

Violence

There were a number of protest incidents that turned severely violent, even resulting in deaths. In one case, attorney Theodore Landsmark was attacked and bloodied by a group of white teenagers as he exited Boston City Hall.[9] One of the youths, Joseph Rakes, attacked Landsmark with an American flag.[10] According to Landsmark, Rakes was swinging the flag and trying to hit him, not trying to spear him as it appears in the photo, and he narrowly missed.[11] A photograph of the attack on Landsmark, The Soiling of Old Glory taken by Stanley Forman for the Boston Herald American, won the Pulitzer Prize for Spot News Photography (now the Pulitzer Prize for Breaking News Photography) in 1977.[12][13] In a retaliatory incident about two weeks later, black teenagers in Roxbury threw rocks at auto mechanic Richard Poleet's car and caused him to crash. The youths dragged him out and crushed his skull with nearby paving stones. When police arrived, the man was surrounded by a crowd of 100 chanting "Let him die" while lying in a coma from which he never recovered.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_busing_desegregation