barbie.ness

MY CFO SEMINAR EXPERIENCE JULY 4, 2016 MANILA

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Progress to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Commentary is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hi Thanks for sharing! :)

Question, even though you still haven't done medical and interview, you can already attend a CFO Seminar? :)

K1 Fiance Visa:

Spoiler

04.18.16 - i129F sent

04.22.16 - NOA1

07.07.16 - NOA2 :)

07.29.16 - NVC case number/invoice id assigned :dancing:

08.03.16 - NVC case "READY" - US Embassy Manila :)

08.16.16-08.17.16 - Medical - PASSED

08.25.16 - Interview - APPROVED :dance:

08.26.16 - Visa "READY" status

08.31.16 - CFO Seminar - COMPLETED

09.06.16 - Visa "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING" status

09.08.16 - Visa "ISSUED"

09.12.16 - Visa picked-up at 2GO MOA and ON HAND :dancing:(18 days from interview)

09.14.16 - POE LAX :dance: - FINALLY ENDED THE DISTANCE AFTER 7 YEARS

10.14.16 - FINALLY MARRIED!!! (L):wub::dance:

AOS:

12.08.16 - AOS Filed

12.27.16 - NOA-1 received

01.03.17 - Received Biometrics Appointment

01.13.17 - Biometrics Appointment - DONE

03.10.17 - Case Status changed to Ready to schedule for interview

03.11.17 - EAD approval

03.25.17 - Received EAD card :D

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Thanks for sharing! :)

Question, even though you still haven't done medical and interview, you can already attend a CFO Seminar? :)

Yes. You will get your certificate, then later when you have your visa you bring that and your passport to get your sticker.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So you have to go back to the CFO place to get your sticker when you have your visa?

If you attend CFO before you have your visa yes you will have to return to get the sticker.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a great day :star:

When I was researching about what CFO is and its importance in this K1 visa process, I had a hard time because of few information available. :reading:Since I am done with it, I would like to share my experience.

Let me start by saying that the CFO Seminar is mandated by law. Therefore, we cannot escape it. Without the CFO sticker and certificate earned after attending the Seminar, one cannot successfully go out of the Philippines.

Lets start with the ULTIMATE FACTS:

WHAT is the CFO Seminar?

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2341:what-is-cfo-guidance-and-counseling-program&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

WHERE can we have the Seminar?

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2344:schedule-of-cfos-guidance-and-counseling-program-with-images&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

WHERE is the CFO building located?

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1345&Itemid=843

Suggestion: Use UBER to get there (whether in Manila or Cebu)

HOW much is the payment?

Php 400.00 as of July 04, 2016. Please check the CFO’s website http://www.cfo.gov.ph/ for the updated fee

WHAT are the steps to have an online appointment? :guides:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2342:steps-with-images&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2390:gcis-faq-no-1&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

:idea:Now a narration of my very wonderful experience attending the CFO Seminar. :dance:

I scheduled by CFO Seminar 3 weeks in advance and without having my medical and interview yet. I wanted to make sure that I make the best out of the time I am waiting for the NVC phase to be done J. And oh yes, excited! I stayed in Josie’s (my super friend) condo located at Mandaluyong the night before July 4, 2016.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

:idea: This is what the CFO appointment letter looks like. Print two copies.

I woke up 4:40am on the day of my interview. I brought with me all the documents I think I will need.My fiancée told me I am more than ready! Lol. But again, the burden of proof to prove that the relationship is real rests in us (in ME actually since I am the one who will be interviewed hahaha). Being in the legal field, I know it’s a game of documentary evidences plus how convincing are you in answering the questions. I left the condo 6:15am by taking advantage of the Uber service. (Uber is really my bestfriend whenever I am in Manila- saves your time, money and health- no air pollution exposure lols). I only paid Php 190.00 and arrived 6:40am.

attachicon.gifIMG_5399.JPG

:idea: The sign that I am in the right place. :dancing:

Exactly 7:30am, the guard opened the office door. Those with appointment were asked to line up with the appointment letter and 1 valid id on hand. Those who did not have appointment and were NOT for k1 or spouse visa, they were asked to line up in the other door. The guard checked our documents one by one. He handed me an F id J He instructed me to proceed to third floor using the elevator.

There are two ladies in the third floor office. They will ask you if you have a visa or not. If you have a visa, they will give you two forms to fill out. If you do not have your visa yet, they will give you one form to answer.

attachicon.gifIMG_5400.JPG

:idea: This is the form and the ID i got.

No need to worry where to write because there are sufficient tables and chairs where you can write. Look at my tableJ. The room is nice and clean and cold. On top of that, the two ladies are very nice and accommodating.

attachicon.gifIMG_5408.JPG

:idea: Thats the desk where I filed up the form. And oh yes, I got two plastic envelopes full of documents :rofl:

So I was done answering the forms. I submitted it to the lady who gave me the form together with the necessary attachments. Please remember to submit the form together with your passport (if you already have the visa), a photocopy of your birth certificate, CENOMAR (for k1), Certificate of Marriage (if married) and two photocopies of valid IDs. After the lady is done checking my form and attachments, she advised me that my room number for the seminar is room number one USA. It is just inside the room. There is a label in the door.

attachicon.gifIMG_5405.JPG

:idea: This is the label - USA!

attachicon.gifnew IMG_5404.jpg

:idea: This is the Seminar Room

After, she will ask you to go to the lady in her right to take a picture of you. The lady verified the birth date of my fiancée’s before taking the picture. (So I highly suggest memorize by heart the birth date of your love and other basic information!)After, she will ask you if you like the picture. If you say no, she will take it again. I said the first take is perfect. Lols. It was after the seminar that I learned that the picture will be used for the Certificate. (The Certificate’s validity is FOREVER. If you lost it, you will pay php800 and you have to wait 5 working days to get it. AND oh, NO RUSH request allowed. Strictly 5 working days!) So it was still 8am when I finished the forms and picture taking. I was advised to take my breakfast since the seminar is from 9-12noon.

There is a small canteen next to the building. The food is not so yummy but pricey. I paid php160 for a noodles, fish & rice. The chopusey in the picture is not mine. It’s Imee’s.

At 8:45am we went back the building and took the elevator to the 3rd floor. We waited inside the seminar room. The lady to whom I submitted the form and attachments is our facilitator. She gave us a very good background of what the seminar is all about. Basically, it is for our protection. She gave details and even gave her email so we can reach her. She talked about the different faces of Domestic Violence and real life stories she encountered from fiancées’ and spouses. (It was not to scare us but to inform us that things happen and how to deal with them).

At around 9:30am, we had a group activity. We were asked to count of to determine who belongs in group 1 and group 2. She flashed four questions in the projector screen. The questions were all about marriage- your goals, your anticipated challenges, your preparation in dealing with challenges and your plans. Each individual will discuss his or her opinion in the group. The group will select a reported who will discuss the answers in front. While the group activity is ongoing, the facilitator will call each individual for a one on one interview. I was called second. :dancing:

Good news :secret: - there is nothing to fear with the one on one interview. As long as you know your spouse, your relationship is legitimate, you answer her questions responsively, clearly and honestly, everything will be perfect. My interview only took around 3minutes. Her questions were:

A. What is the complete name of your fiancée?

B. Where did you first meet?

C. How many times he visited in the Philippines and when?

D. What do you like most about your fiancée?

E. Do your parents personally know your fiancée?

I just answered all the questions straight forward. No follow up questions. She said she do not have any further questions and asked me to call the next person in the roomarrow-10x10.png.

TIP: If you satisfactorily answered the questions, she will not ask for any further proof or documentation. Some failed to do so. They were asked to provide pictures and other documents. Also, she takes notes while you answer J and she will ask again the same question in the middle of the interview for verification. Also, according to the interviewer, even if they sense that you are lying, they will proceed with the interview but will not release your certificate and have you under investigation. Therefore, if you do not really know the person you will be marrying or you are paid or forced by your parents or somebody to do it or you falsified or you know that the documents are falsified- tell the interviewer. She can greatly help and give you protection.

At 9:45 am we had the group discussion. It was a simple yet fruitful one. After the two groups presented, she talked about the papers you need to bring for your flight. She also discussed quickly about the K1 process and the spouse visa process. The Seminar ended at around 11:20am in the morning. I took a picture of the facilitator J

When we left the seminar room, a lady distributed a brochure. This includes some of the topics discussed and some additional relevant information.

After receiving the brochure, she will tell you to proceed to the ground floor Cashier 1 to pay the fee of php400.00. No need to rush. The cashier will call you one by one and get the payment in exchange of the receipt. After such, she will ask you to wait for your name to be called for your certificate. It only took 5 minutes from payment to getting the certificate.

attachicon.gifIMG_5418.JPG

:idea: This is the receipt, certificate and a little note I got from them!

I left the CFO office 11:53am in the morning.

Thanks and I hope this will be of help. (L) (L) (L)

Thanks for a positive story. Very helpful, the pictures!

Timeline

If you attend CFO before you have your visa yes you will have to return to get the sticker.

How was your experience in getting the sticker? What do you need to do or produce to get the sticker?

The links on the main post keeps popping as "error 404 page not found" for me. Are there any other links where I can sign up for an appointment for the seminar? I'm also curious why there wasn't any mention of this CFO seminar (which you say is required) in a number of blogs that I have visited. Has this thing only been implemented recently?

No CFO is not a new thing. It's been a requirement for over 10 years.

You must be reading the wrong blogs as it is at my website here with step by step instructions: http://dennyeyberg.wixsite.com/filipino-am-visa/cfo

It's also a requirement that is in the Embassy Letter (P3) found here and on my website

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/K1-K2%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

How was your experience in getting the sticker? What do you need to do or produce to get the sticker?

Information (step by step) is here for CFO requirements: http://dennyeyberg.wixsite.com/filipino-am-visa/cfo

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a great day :star:

When I was researching about what CFO is and its importance in this K1 visa process, I had a hard time because of few information available. :reading:Since I am done with it, I would like to share my experience.

Let me start by saying that the CFO Seminar is mandated by law. Therefore, we cannot escape it. Without the CFO sticker and certificate earned after attending the Seminar, one cannot successfully go out of the Philippines.

Lets start with the ULTIMATE FACTS:

WHAT is the CFO Seminar?

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2341:what-is-cfo-guidance-and-counseling-program&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

WHERE can we have the Seminar?

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2344:schedule-of-cfos-guidance-and-counseling-program-with-images&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

WHERE is the CFO building located?

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1345&Itemid=843

Suggestion: Use UBER to get there (whether in Manila or Cebu)

HOW much is the payment?

Php 400.00 as of July 04, 2016. Please check the CFO’s website http://www.cfo.gov.ph/ for the updated fee

WHAT are the steps to have an online appointment? :guides:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2342:steps-with-images&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2390:gcis-faq-no-1&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

:idea:Now a narration of my very wonderful experience attending the CFO Seminar. :dance:

I scheduled by CFO Seminar 3 weeks in advance and without having my medical and interview yet. I wanted to make sure that I make the best out of the time I am waiting for the NVC phase to be done J. And oh yes, excited! I stayed in Josie’s (my super friend) condo located at Mandaluyong the night before July 4, 2016.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

:idea: This is what the CFO appointment letter looks like. Print two copies.

I woke up 4:40am on the day of my interview. I brought with me all the documents I think I will need.My fiancée told me I am more than ready! Lol. But again, the burden of proof to prove that the relationship is real rests in us (in ME actually since I am the one who will be interviewed hahaha). Being in the legal field, I know it’s a game of documentary evidences plus how convincing are you in answering the questions. I left the condo 6:15am by taking advantage of the Uber service. (Uber is really my bestfriend whenever I am in Manila- saves your time, money and health- no air pollution exposure lols). I only paid Php 190.00 and arrived 6:40am.

attachicon.gifIMG_5399.JPG

:idea: The sign that I am in the right place. :dancing:

Exactly 7:30am, the guard opened the office door. Those with appointment were asked to line up with the appointment letter and 1 valid id on hand. Those who did not have appointment and were NOT for k1 or spouse visa, they were asked to line up in the other door. The guard checked our documents one by one. He handed me an F id J He instructed me to proceed to third floor using the elevator.

There are two ladies in the third floor office. They will ask you if you have a visa or not. If you have a visa, they will give you two forms to fill out. If you do not have your visa yet, they will give you one form to answer.

attachicon.gifIMG_5400.JPG

:idea: This is the form and the ID i got.

No need to worry where to write because there are sufficient tables and chairs where you can write. Look at my tableJ. The room is nice and clean and cold. On top of that, the two ladies are very nice and accommodating.

attachicon.gifIMG_5408.JPG

:idea: Thats the desk where I filed up the form. And oh yes, I got two plastic envelopes full of documents :rofl:

So I was done answering the forms. I submitted it to the lady who gave me the form together with the necessary attachments. Please remember to submit the form together with your passport (if you already have the visa), a photocopy of your birth certificate, CENOMAR (for k1), Certificate of Marriage (if married) and two photocopies of valid IDs. After the lady is done checking my form and attachments, she advised me that my room number for the seminar is room number one USA. It is just inside the room. There is a label in the door.

attachicon.gifIMG_5405.JPG

:idea: This is the label - USA!

attachicon.gifnew IMG_5404.jpg

:idea: This is the Seminar Room

After, she will ask you to go to the lady in her right to take a picture of you. The lady verified the birth date of my fiancée’s before taking the picture. (So I highly suggest memorize by heart the birth date of your love and other basic information!)After, she will ask you if you like the picture. If you say no, she will take it again. I said the first take is perfect. Lols. It was after the seminar that I learned that the picture will be used for the Certificate. (The Certificate’s validity is FOREVER. If you lost it, you will pay php800 and you have to wait 5 working days to get it. AND oh, NO RUSH request allowed. Strictly 5 working days!) So it was still 8am when I finished the forms and picture taking. I was advised to take my breakfast since the seminar is from 9-12noon.

There is a small canteen next to the building. The food is not so yummy but pricey. I paid php160 for a noodles, fish & rice. The chopusey in the picture is not mine. It’s Imee’s.

At 8:45am we went back the building and took the elevator to the 3rd floor. We waited inside the seminar room. The lady to whom I submitted the form and attachments is our facilitator. She gave us a very good background of what the seminar is all about. Basically, it is for our protection. She gave details and even gave her email so we can reach her. She talked about the different faces of Domestic Violence and real life stories she encountered from fiancées’ and spouses. (It was not to scare us but to inform us that things happen and how to deal with them).

At around 9:30am, we had a group activity. We were asked to count of to determine who belongs in group 1 and group 2. She flashed four questions in the projector screen. The questions were all about marriage- your goals, your anticipated challenges, your preparation in dealing with challenges and your plans. Each individual will discuss his or her opinion in the group. The group will select a reported who will discuss the answers in front. While the group activity is ongoing, the facilitator will call each individual for a one on one interview. I was called second. :dancing:

Good news :secret: - there is nothing to fear with the one on one interview. As long as you know your spouse, your relationship is legitimate, you answer her questions responsively, clearly and honestly, everything will be perfect. My interview only took around 3minutes. Her questions were:

A. What is the complete name of your fiancée?

B. Where did you first meet?

C. How many times he visited in the Philippines and when?

D. What do you like most about your fiancée?

E. Do your parents personally know your fiancée?

I just answered all the questions straight forward. No follow up questions. She said she do not have any further questions and asked me to call the next person in the roomarrow-10x10.png.

TIP: If you satisfactorily answered the questions, she will not ask for any further proof or documentation. Some failed to do so. They were asked to provide pictures and other documents. Also, she takes notes while you answer J and she will ask again the same question in the middle of the interview for verification. Also, according to the interviewer, even if they sense that you are lying, they will proceed with the interview but will not release your certificate and have you under investigation. Therefore, if you do not really know the person you will be marrying or you are paid or forced by your parents or somebody to do it or you falsified or you know that the documents are falsified- tell the interviewer. She can greatly help and give you protection.

At 9:45 am we had the group discussion. It was a simple yet fruitful one. After the two groups presented, she talked about the papers you need to bring for your flight. She also discussed quickly about the K1 process and the spouse visa process. The Seminar ended at around 11:20am in the morning. I took a picture of the facilitator J

When we left the seminar room, a lady distributed a brochure. This includes some of the topics discussed and some additional relevant information.

After receiving the brochure, she will tell you to proceed to the ground floor Cashier 1 to pay the fee of php400.00. No need to rush. The cashier will call you one by one and get the payment in exchange of the receipt. After such, she will ask you to wait for your name to be called for your certificate. It only took 5 minutes from payment to getting the certificate.

attachicon.gifIMG_5418.JPG

:idea: This is the receipt, certificate and a little note I got from them!

I left the CFO office 11:53am in the morning.

Thanks and I hope this will be of help. (L) (L) (L)

Were you able to get your passport back right after the session and/or payment of the fee?

Yes she will get her passport back.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 1 month later...

I already attended seminar and i have my certificate with me,.i d0nt have my visa yet.my visa interview will be oct. 18. My questi0n is,do I still need to MAKE AN APPOINTMENT? Or WALK-IN is go0d since all i need is just sticker.?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.