Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This was the same for us at Lagos in Nigeria.I called an got my information to start right away. So it's very beneficial to scheduling an earlier intervew date. The interview days get booked up and they only offer so many in a months time.This insure you of getting a day scheduled as close as possible to what your needs are. As we had to scheduled at less 6 weeks away from our police clearance allowing 6 weeks from Israel to arrive at the embassy. This way if it doesn't no hold on our side as we did what was asked of us. So no delay would acure. We was APPROVED on the 8th of this month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I love my habibi, but I need to teach him how to read legal papers lol. He sent me copies of what the Embassy gave him. Yes, he needs to submit the certificate of celibacy, but once he does that with his passport (which he did today) he'll be able to pick up his visa and passport within a week.

That means we were APPROVED but needed one more piece of paper.

He had me scared we'd be in AP for who knows how long!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@Allison/Robert AAAAAAAAAA ONE WEEK

I love my habibi, but I need to teach him how to read legal papers lol. He sent me copies of what the Embassy gave him. Yes, he needs to submit the certificate of celibacy, but once he does that with his passport (which he did today) he'll be able to pick up his visa and passport within a week.

That means we were APPROVED but needed one more piece of paper.

He had me scared we'd be in AP for who knows how long!

Oh gosh!! Congratulations! That's such good news!! :) Safe travels to him!

Edited by ceisenbruch

Timeline

Ah! A week from today is our interview! Well, technically his interview, but I will be there... either inside with him, or waiting outside for him. I will be so busy preparing for the trip and worrying about all the steps to get to the embassy with him, I won't have a chance to be nervous until we're there.

Ceisenbruch, how are you faring with only a week to go?

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

honestly i've just been reading the embassy reviews over and over, LOL. And harassing him about packing.

I mailed out the I 134 a couple weeks ago and he got it last week, so now he has everything he needs. I just hope it's enough!

Talking about the election and his crazy boss has helped pass the time, lol. I'm just hoping all goes well and he can still fly the first week of December like we planned. Obviously nothing booked yet, but still!

Hi! I hope everyone is having a smooth process so far. We are trying to get the DS 160 filled out while we wait for the case to arrive at the embassy. If I am not mistaken we do this on usatraveldocs.com right? He already has a profile with a lot of the info filled in already but the first page is asking for a priority date... can anyone tell me what this is? I checked the NOA 2 letter and it has an empty box for priority date.... not sure what I should enter and I don't wanna put the wrong thing

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

This is the date they say that it was received.

Thank you!

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Fiance leaves for Tokyo tomorrow and has her interview on Monday the 14th Japan time, Sunday my time. We went through a final check of all the documents and put them in order. Then we did a little mock questionnaire going over some of the questions the interviewer may ask.

Can't believe it's already been almost 4 months and this whole thing is almost over. Time has really gone much quicker than I expected. Feels like just last week I was making my profile on here and starting up my timeline.

Feeling relieved, nervous, and excited. Congrats to everyone that's had their interviews or successfully made POEs already!

Edited by Sabazou
Spoiler

USCIS

7/20/2016 ... I-129F Petition mailed
7/27/2016 ... NOA1 (Digital)
8/01/2016 ... NOA1 (Hardcopy)
9/09/2016 ... NOA2 (Digital)

9/14/2016 ... NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

9/19/2016 ... NVC received

9/21/2016 ... Case# and IIN assigned

9/22/2016 ... Petition left NVC

9/25/2016 ... "Ready"

Embassy TKY

10/03/2016 ... Packet 3 Received

10/17/2016 ... Police Records Received

10/20/2016 ... Medical Exam

11/14/2016 ... Interview (Approved)

11/17/2016 ... Visa In Hand

POE

1/02/2017 ... SFO

1/24/2017 ... Married

I-485

02/16/2017 ... I-485 Mailed ( LOST BY USPS!!! )

04/06/2017 ... I-485 Mailed again

04/21/2017 ... NoA 1

05/08/2017 ... RFE Received (Need English Translation for Birth Certificate)

05/15/2017 ... Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

05/18/2017 ... RFE Response Received

07/19/2017 ... I-485 Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/04/2017 ... I-485 Interview Date

Timeline

Fiance leaves for Tokyo tomorrow and has her interview on Monday the 14th Japan time, Sunday my time. We went through a final check of all the documents and put them in order. Then we did a little mock questionnaire going over some of the questions the interviewer may ask.

Can't believe it's already been almost 4 months and this whole thing is almost over. Time has really gone much quicker than I expected. Feels like just last week I was making my profile on here and starting up my timeline.

Feeling relieved, nervous, and excited. Congrats to everyone that's had their interviews or successfully made POEs already!

Yay! Good luck with everything!

I'm glad to see that my fiance and I aren't the only ones to do a mock questionnaire. There will be those few who think that to have to do a mock questionnaire means the two of you don't talk or know enough about each other. Quite the contrary! We talk so much and share so much and know each other so well that we've only mentioned some things just once. Then that little fact gets buried under mountains of other information we share so we have to review things haha!

Again, good luck with the interview and let us know how it goes!

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm glad to see that my fiance and I aren't the only ones to do a mock questionnaire. There will be those few who think that to have to do a mock questionnaire means the two of you don't talk or know enough about each other. Quite the contrary! We talk so much and share so much and know each other so well that we've only mentioned some things just once. Then that little fact gets buried under mountains of other information we share so we have to review things haha!

My fiancé and I did mock interviews as well. English being a second language he wanted to understand what the questions might really mean rather than assume he understood. Also, we wanted to go over the fact that we do have "red flags" like different religions and a 3 year age difference. He never needed prompting on the answers, but wanted to feel comfortable saying them back and making sure he wasn't using the wrong English words.

We found that word meaning can be very different between the US and Morocco. A perfect example is that we needed to get a Certificate of Celibacy. In the US this means no sex, in Morocco this means not legally tied to a spouse.

Timeline

My fiancé and I did mock interviews as well. English being a second language he wanted to understand what the questions might really mean rather than assume he understood. Also, we wanted to go over the fact that we do have "red flags" like different religions and a 3 year age difference. He never needed prompting on the answers, but wanted to feel comfortable saying them back and making sure he wasn't using the wrong English words.

We found that word meaning can be very different between the US and Morocco. A perfect example is that we needed to get a Certificate of Celibacy. In the US this means no sex, in Morocco this means not legally tied to a spouse.

I admit that wording confused me as well, so I completely understand the necessity to help him understand any potential questions. And so glad everything worked out for you and that your mind is now at ease regarding the visa! Congrats and good luck on POE!

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Thanks!

Obviously the questions were easy to answer, but it definitely helps to be prepared because it's easy to forget in the heat of the moment with the nerves! Looking forward to posting an update soon.

Spoiler

USCIS

7/20/2016 ... I-129F Petition mailed
7/27/2016 ... NOA1 (Digital)
8/01/2016 ... NOA1 (Hardcopy)
9/09/2016 ... NOA2 (Digital)

9/14/2016 ... NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

9/19/2016 ... NVC received

9/21/2016 ... Case# and IIN assigned

9/22/2016 ... Petition left NVC

9/25/2016 ... "Ready"

Embassy TKY

10/03/2016 ... Packet 3 Received

10/17/2016 ... Police Records Received

10/20/2016 ... Medical Exam

11/14/2016 ... Interview (Approved)

11/17/2016 ... Visa In Hand

POE

1/02/2017 ... SFO

1/24/2017 ... Married

I-485

02/16/2017 ... I-485 Mailed ( LOST BY USPS!!! )

04/06/2017 ... I-485 Mailed again

04/21/2017 ... NoA 1

05/08/2017 ... RFE Received (Need English Translation for Birth Certificate)

05/15/2017 ... Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

05/18/2017 ... RFE Response Received

07/19/2017 ... I-485 Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/04/2017 ... I-485 Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi! I hope everyone is having a smooth process so far. We are trying to get the DS 160 filled out while we wait for the case to arrive at the embassy. If I am not mistaken we do this on usatraveldocs.com right? He already has a profile with a lot of the info filled in already but the first page is asking for a priority date... can anyone tell me what this is? I checked the NOA 2 letter and it has an empty box for priority date.... not sure what I should enter and I don't wanna put the wrong thing

The DS-160 was so confusing. We were stuck for an hour trying to pay and schedule. Turned out the website had a hiccup and it worked out but it was super stressful. Hope you get a date soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.