Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Update from me ?

Called NVC on wednesday - my USC fiance called - and they receive our packet and had allocated our number that day.

So that was 20days from NOA 2 - NVC case no issued.

Completed my DS-160 same day. Rang To book medical and earliest October 12th...so I nabbed that one!

They requested the police certificate must be with me at medical, alongside immunisation record and completed medical form available from the US embassy UK site PLUS the print out from my DS-160 with a clear barcode for scanning.

Didn't have to pay anything yet though??? Hope I didn't miss anything?!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone! Very grateful for this forum. First post. Congratulations to all those who have received NOA2, and we're right there with you for those who haven't. Our NOA1 is 27-Jul-2016. For those of you who have received NOA2, did you see anything on the myUSCIS Case History BEFORE the NOA2 that indicated your case had been touched? Ours is empty and just curious. Thank you!

The first time we applied (and got approved) there was nothing between NOA1 and NOA2.. this time we had and RFE.. so I wouldn't worry. It seems normal to not have any activity until the NOA2. The waiting is the hard part. I think you will get it any minute now.

Woke up today to packet 4 in my email sent from the embassy. Also sent to my fiancée's postal box on September 26 per the email I received.

YAY!

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

They give examples of other supporting documents you can include such as bank statements showing savings (actually they say an authorized letter from the bank - not sure if that means a statement). Or a letter of employment with salary from your employer. Or examples of proof of assets. Perhaps you have already included this info as well.

I did include my bank statements and bank info requested but that's it.

Update from me ?

Called NVC on wednesday - my USC fiance called - and they receive our packet and had allocated our number that day.

So that was 20days from NOA 2 - NVC case no issued.

Completed my DS-160 same day. Rang To book medical and earliest October 12th...so I nabbed that one!

They requested the police certificate must be with me at medical, alongside immunisation record and completed medical form available from the US embassy UK site PLUS the print out from my DS-160 with a clear barcode for scanning.

Didn't have to pay anything yet though??? Hope I didn't miss anything?!

My Fiance JUST had his medical in London yesterday!

You'll pay for the medical there.

Don't forget to also bring your passport photos, he gave them 4 UK sized photos.

You can actually go ahead submit your Readiness form, and register/pay the visa/courier fee/ and book your interview now!

I just looked, Most recently dates for interview in London right now are Nov 7th, 10th, 14th.

If you have any questions feel free to message me!

July 13th 2016 -Sent I-129F                                  Nov 07th 2016 -Applied for SSN
July 20th 2016 -NOA 1                                           Nov 12th 2016 -Received SSN in Mail
Sep 02nd 2016 -NOA 2                                          Jan 17th 2017 -Wedding
Sep 14th 2016 -Arrived at NVC                              Jan 23rd 2017 -Sent I-485, I-765, I-131
Sep 19th 2016 -Departed from NVC                      Jan 27th 2017 -NOA 1
Sep 21st 2016 -Arrived at Embassy                       Feb 24th 2017 -Biomentrics Appointment
Sep 23rd 2016 -Case Status: Ready                       April 27th 2017 -EAD/AP Approved!
Sep 29th 2016 -Medical                                         May 3rd 2017 -EAD/AP Combo Card In Hand

Oct 14th 2016 -Interview: Approved!                    Dec 6th 2017 -AOS Approved!

Oct 17th 2016 -Case Status: AP                            Dec 13th 2017 -Greencard In Hand

Oct 20th 2016 -Case Status: Issued

Oct 25th 2016 -Visa In Hand

Oct 30th 2016 -POE O'hare Airport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My Fiance JUST had his medical in London yesterday!

You'll pay for the medical there.

Don't forget to also bring your passport photos, he gave them 4 UK sized photos.

You can actually go ahead submit your Readiness form, and register/pay the visa/courier fee/ and book your interview now!

I just looked, Most recently dates for interview in London right now are Nov 7th, 10th, 14th.

If you have any questions feel free to message me!

The embassy doesn't have my packet ready yet for me to book my interview.

They suggested I do the medical booking now, and then wait for a week or so before booking interview as it may be ready then. I tried it online and it wouldn't let me go any further haha!

Congrats on your progress!!!

The embassy doesn't have my packet ready yet for me to book my interview.

They suggested I do the medical booking now, and then wait for a week or so before booking interview as it may be ready then. I tried it online and it wouldn't let me go any further haha!

Congrats on your progress!!!

That's weird!

We submitted everything and booked the interview while our case was still 'In Transit.'

I sent you a message in case you want to compare notes!

Edited by Tieary

July 13th 2016 -Sent I-129F                                  Nov 07th 2016 -Applied for SSN
July 20th 2016 -NOA 1                                           Nov 12th 2016 -Received SSN in Mail
Sep 02nd 2016 -NOA 2                                          Jan 17th 2017 -Wedding
Sep 14th 2016 -Arrived at NVC                              Jan 23rd 2017 -Sent I-485, I-765, I-131
Sep 19th 2016 -Departed from NVC                      Jan 27th 2017 -NOA 1
Sep 21st 2016 -Arrived at Embassy                       Feb 24th 2017 -Biomentrics Appointment
Sep 23rd 2016 -Case Status: Ready                       April 27th 2017 -EAD/AP Approved!
Sep 29th 2016 -Medical                                         May 3rd 2017 -EAD/AP Combo Card In Hand

Oct 14th 2016 -Interview: Approved!                    Dec 6th 2017 -AOS Approved!

Oct 17th 2016 -Case Status: AP                            Dec 13th 2017 -Greencard In Hand

Oct 20th 2016 -Case Status: Issued

Oct 25th 2016 -Visa In Hand

Oct 30th 2016 -POE O'hare Airport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

My fellow VJ,

I received my NOA2 on September 2. Got my NVC case number on September 15. NVC status says ready since September 23. My fiancé have not received anything from

Madrid. Does anyone have experience with Madrid? I know each consulate does things differently. Any suggestion or advice?

Timeline

My fellow VJ,

I received my NOA2 on September 2. Got my NVC case number on September 15. NVC status says ready since September 23. My fiancé have not received anything from

Madrid. Does anyone have experience with Madrid? I know each consulate does things differently. Any suggestion or advice?

Check your embassy website instructions, maybe you can do things before receiving anything from them, you have your NVC number which allows you to pay for visa and to schedule the interview

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

My fellow VJ,

After logging into VJ, click on the "portal." It will direct your embassy-specific forum if you had chosen the correct country when you registered on VJ. They may be the best resources you have going forward for Spain-specific questions. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

We received today by email the embassy instructions, not sure which packet is this, the message says pay visa fees and fill upDS-160, follow the instructions and gives 3 pdf files:

Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3

Medical Examination

IMBRA pamphlet

Likely packet 4. Some folks in other forums have acknowledge that the packet 3 usually require you to fill out certain things and return to the embassy before they send you the packet 4. Also, that some embassies don't do a Packet 3 and that you'll have to take the packet 4 documents required to the embassy on interview day. The email I received from the embassy in Ethiopia stated Packet 4. So it leads me to the fact that they don't have a packet 3. In the country forum, it had stated that you will need that packet 4 email or mail to be allowed into the embassy irrespective of having already booked an interview. So I had to time it based on the timeline of people before us and it took them approx. 2-3 weeks from when their cases got to the embassy to get the packet 4 letter. So our interview is in less than 3 weeks. Some got their letters just a week before their interviews. Good timing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Hey guys ...an update! We were sent a RFE I just saw that on the app few mins ago. Not sad at all because at least they touched our case and usually after RFE the thing move fast. I'll let you know what they need from us when we receive it. I'm updating my timeline though.

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Timeline

Hey guys ...an update! We were sent a RFE I just saw that on the app few mins ago. Not sad at all because at least they touched our case and usually after RFE the thing move fast. I'll let you know what they need from us when we receive it. I'm updating my timeline though.

RFE is usually a small thing you forgot and it's approval after they receive your explanation

Tasha

Timeline

Likely packet 4. Some folks in other forums have acknowledge that the packet 3 usually require you to fill out certain things and return to the embassy before they send you the packet 4. Also, that some embassies don't do a Packet 3 and that you'll have to take the packet 4 documents required to the embassy on interview day. The email I received from the embassy in Ethiopia stated Packet 4. So it leads me to the fact that they don't have a packet 3. In the country forum, it had stated that you will need that packet 4 email or mail to be allowed into the embassy irrespective of having already booked an interview. So I had to time it based on the timeline of people before us and it took them approx. 2-3 weeks from when their cases got to the embassy to get the packet 4 letter. So our interview is in less than 3 weeks. Some got their letters just a week before their interviews. Good timing.

Thank you. The 1st time (it's our 2nd K1 visa filing) we didn't have any package but the line for the interview was long and now it looks like even our embassy is pushing us to be sooner, I see people form our country scheduling and doing it very fast, even in 5-7 days after getting the NVC number but now it's a National Holiday, Independence Day long weekend, let's see what we do the next week.

Again, I am praying and wishing to all our July filers the fast NOA2 approval and the fast times getting the visa and traveling. Love and my best wishes to all

Tasha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.