Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

I thought we would have been getting an RFE for sure, our application was not 100 pages long like many others stating on these forums. We hope everyone has a speedy NOA2.

I was pretty sure we were getting RFEs as well. I literally compiled the package according to the the I-129 form instructions and nothing more. I submitted only 3 or 4 photos of us together, and they were selfies even!

I think I answered the "describe the circumstances in which you met" incorrectly. The question directly above was "have you met in person in the last two years," so I thought they wanted me to say "yes, we met when I visited him a few months ago!" I'm pretty sure most people answer that question with how they met in the first place, not how they met within 2 years!

The only evidence I submitted was flight tickets and a few receipts for snacks and odds and ends I bought along the way during my trip.

i attached our passport sized photos to our bio sheets with everyday paper clips, and the clip on my photo snagged my nose and created a small tear that looked like I had a big white zit on my nose! I carefully placed the paper clip in the exact spot as before, hoping the person handling our case would think they caused it when they removed the clip! Haha!

So we didn't have a 100-page packet either! I believe the largest chunk of paperwork was the copy of my passport. It was a fairly small package and easily fit into an everyday Manila envelope.

I know every USCIS officer is different, but I hope it gives those waiting peace of mind that at least in my case, an approval didn't require an entire album's worth of photos, a "War and Peace" length retelling of our love story, or special sticky notes or binder clips.

Clerically speaking, I submitted the documents and forms that were asked for, and made sure everything had been signed. From a strictly clerical point of view I would have accepted a packet like ours - and obviously they did too! So I hope that eases some worries!

You can prepare the darn thing to the point you think it can't get any better, but then once it's in the mail you start second-guessing yourself! Don't worry guys!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Those of you (especially from Australia) who just received your NOA2, did you see your case being updated before you got your NOA2 or was it kind of out of nowhere! Our NOA1 was July 25th and so we are HOPING this week might be the week for us, especially since it seems Australian cases are being approved so quick!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I thought we would have been getting an RFE for sure, our application was not 100 pages long like many others stating on these forums. We hope everyone has a speedy NOA2.

And ours is close to 100 pages, and I'm still worried we'll get an RFE, but hopefully I'm wrong. :unsure:

Congrats on that swift turnaround! Things are picking up for us July filers!

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

And ours is close to 100 pages, and I'm still worried we'll get an RFE, but hopefully I'm wrong. :unsure:

Congrats on that swift turnaround! Things are picking up for us July filers!

I don't know if ours is 100 pages, but it's long. I handed in EXACTLY what we handed in last time that got an approval in 4 weeks! And our immigration lawyer put it together for us that time, so I was pretty confident handing this one in on my own this time. But now everyone else that filed way after me (I filed July 1st) is getting their NOA2 so I'm starting to feel a little nervous. I'm just going to think positive these next couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

Congrats to all who received their NOA2 approve!!! I am happy for so many lucky couples.

Monday we all hope to receive ours, praying, crossing fingers and clicking, clicking, this forum helps to stay with you, friend, not alone agonizing yet smiling at so many happy couples and encouraging all us each other

Tasha

Timeline

I created an account on the USCIS website, and today I decided to sign in to see if it gave different results from the area you input your receipt number, which doesn't require signing in. Something I noticed is that next to my receipt number, there's a column titled "Last Updated MM/DD/YYYY" and for our case it says July 18, 2016. We received our NOA1 on July 6th, so clearly something happened nearly 2 weeks later and then nothing since then. It could just be when they finally assigned it to someone, or it could be when it was reviewed and is simply waiting on the manager's, or whatever the title is for a supervisor, final approval. Anyone notice that on theirs as well and tried to guess or find any correlation between that and... anything else?

I know it's silly to speculate when we don't know what's going on behind those doors, but I'm just anxious and excited and sad and so many other emotions, as you all know too well.

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

Those of you (especially from Australia) who just received your NOA2, did you see your case being updated before you got your NOA2 or was it kind of out of nowhere! Our NOA1 was July 25th and so we are HOPING this week might be the week for us, especially since it seems Australian cases are being approved so quick!

Hi Guys,

I logged on to our account on the USCIS website, having not logged on for a few days, i didn't take notice of much thinking it will be the same mumbo jumbo in the My Cases section, i happened to read the bottom line saying updated and then there it was in writing that our petition had been approved. so to answer your question - no i didn't see it being updated before. The best piece of advice i could give anyone is do not worry too much the US looks for fraudulent cases so i have been told, if you feel your relationship is genuine which i don't have any doubt then no need to stress out. We thought we would have gotten an RFE and just resigned ourselves to the fact that it was going to tak longer to process which took any anxiety or stress and worry out of it.

Timeline

I created an account on the USCIS website, and today I decided to sign in to see if it gave different results from the area you input your receipt number, which doesn't require signing in. Something I noticed is that next to my receipt number, there's a column titled "Last Updated MM/DD/YYYY" and for our case it says July 18, 2016. We received our NOA1 on July 6th, so clearly something happened nearly 2 weeks later and then nothing since then. It could just be when they finally assigned it to someone, or it could be when it was reviewed and is simply waiting on the manager's, or whatever the title is for a supervisor, final approval. Anyone notice that on theirs as well and tried to guess or find any correlation between that and... anything else?

I know it's silly to speculate when we don't know what's going on behind those doors, but I'm just anxious and excited and sad and so many other emotions, as you all know too well.

Thanks for the tip, Allison. I created an account right away when I read this! Mine doesn't say much though. I got the NOA1 on July 5th and is says updated on July 8th. Nothing since then... my person is napping... lol.. I'm keeping a close eye on yours since ours are so close! good luck...

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

Thanks for the tip, Allison. I created an account right away when I read this! Mine doesn't say much though. I got the NOA1 on July 5th and is says updated on July 8th. Nothing since then... my person is napping... lol.. I'm keeping a close eye on yours since ours are so close! good luck...

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

1/26 POE Seattle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Me too , we had our noa1 hard copy on August 1st , and few weeks after that I received an alert from the app I downloaded saying " case result has changed" on August 14th...while the main message under it was and is still "on August 1st we received your petition...." So it still says Case received...

Well I'm not really worried, just it's always good to know what happened to our cases on those days...

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Timeline

I also set mine for email and mobile alerts!

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

1/26 POE Seattle

Timeline

Me too , we had our noa1 hard copy on August 1st , and few weeks after that I received an alert from the app I downloaded saying " case result has changed" on August 14th...while the main message under it was and is still "on August 1st we received your petition...." So it still says Case received...

Well I'm not really worried, just it's always good to know what happened to our cases on those days...

Interesting! Yes, I'm not worried either (other than the hopefully irrational worry that we may get an RFE), but definitely interesting to hear what others have seen on theirs. Just another layer of mystery. haha

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

I also forgot to mention, if you have set up your my cases account on the site, don't forget to click on the WAC number at the bottom of the page, this is what i did just randomly and then POW !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.