FrankEPatrick

Letter of Intent Electronic Signature

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My Fiance lives in a country with poor mail service to the USA.

It really may take four to eight weeks to receive a letter from her.

I received an RFE since I forgot to have her co-sign the original letter of intent.

Is an electronic signature from something like PDFFiller or Adobe acrobat acceptable?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

they want original and wet ink signature / requirement we all have to do

sorry about the mail serivce as it will take longer but you have to have her do new intent letter and mail to you

Timeline

DHL service from Tehran in Minneapolis, was 6 days when I needed signatures from my then fiance. When I needed to send something to her, it took about 14 days using USPS. Also, i sent many items, with people traveling to Iran, my wife did the same sending me things as well.

Timeline

DHL had a problem with the US Government, and they do not provide service between Iran and the USA anymore after they were sued. DHL still exists in Iran; but they do not service the USA.

I ship things and it usually takes at least six to eight weeks to send things between the US and Iran via USPS.

The other issue is that I need it now; rather then when some friend is traveling.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

they want original and wet ink signature / requirement we all have to do

sorry about the mail serivce as it will take longer but you have to have her do new intent letter and mail to you

Where are the instructions that state it must be an original signature?

My Fiance lives in a country with poor mail service to the USA.

It really may take four to eight weeks to receive a letter from her.

I received an RFE since I forgot to have her co-sign the original letter of intent.

Is an electronic signature from something like PDFFiller or Adobe acrobat acceptable?

Doesn't need to be original > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/596565-copy-or-original-documents/#entry8150440

Your problem was that you each needed to provide a statement of intent. Have her sign one, scan it and email it to you to print off.

This will work >

(Date Here)

To Whom It May Concern,

I, (foreign fiance(e)’s name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (USC petitioner’s name), and intend to so within 90 days of my entrance into the US by way of a K-1 visa.

(Sign Here)

(Print Name Here)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

DHL had a problem with the US Government, and they do not provide service between Iran and the USA anymore after they were sued. DHL still exists in Iran; but they do not service the USA.

I ship things and it usually takes at least six to eight weeks to send things between the US and Iran via USPS.

The other issue is that I need it now; rather then when some friend is traveling.

While DHL does not deliver to residents in the US, they do not have to the carrier of Delivery. There still is a DHL office at the local ariport where they transfer to another carrier for final delivery, in my case it was USPS. 6 to 8 weeks using USPS to deliver to Iran is insane, in 2013 I sent two packages and the longest was only 15 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Where are the instructions that state it must be an original signature?

Doesn't need to be original > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/596565-copy-or-original-documents/#entry8150440

Your problem was that you each needed to provide a statement of intent. Have her sign one, scan it and email it to you to print off.

This will work >

(Date Here)

To Whom It May Concern,

I, (foreign fiance(e)’s name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (USC petitioner’s name), and intend to so within 90 days of my entrance into the US by way of a K-1 visa.

(Sign Here)

(Print Name Here)

Some are lucky and get away with not having an original signature. OP already got an RFE for not signing it, why risk not satisfying the RFE? If they haven't changed it if the OP does not satisfy the RFE they won't give him another RFE for the same thing, they will deny his petition.

Are there any other shipping company other than DHL available?

Timeline

Another option is to find some traveling from Iran to the US. My wife frequently uses this method to bring things to her sisters and they will send things to her in the same way.

Timeline

Some are lucky and get away with not having an original signature. OP already got an RFE for not signing it, why risk not satisfying the RFE? If they haven't changed it if the OP does not satisfy the RFE they won't give him another RFE for the same thing, they will deny his petition.

Are there any other shipping company other than DHL available?

The RFE was because the foreign fiance(e)'s letter of intent was missing. Another RFE for what? Did the RFE state they need to send a statement of intent with an original signature? If not, then I do not see what the problem would be. Have not seen an RFE for original signature on the letter of intent for 3 years, since they removed the wording on the instructions that it needs to be 'original', as pointed out in the link I posted.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

The RFE was because the foreign fiance(e)'s letter of intent was missing. Another RFE for what? Did the RFE state they need to send a statement of intent with an original signature? If not, then I do not see what the problem would be. Have not seen an RFE for original signature on the letter of intent for 3 years, since they removed the wording on the instructions that it needs to be 'original', as pointed out in the link I posted.

In 2014-2015 when I filed for K1 people were given RFE's for not having original signature.

Timeline

In 2014-2015 when I filed for K1 people were given RFE's for not having original signature.

Links?

Timeline

Use the search function.

Oh, you think no one has touched this subject until now, and no one has used the search.

It is YOUR claim that these RFEs exist. Where are they? This has been gone over and over in several different threads now. No one has been able to find an RFE within the last 3 years for not having an original signature on the letter of intent. The search has been done many times. The person that organized the RFE master list has confirmed there have not been any. All of this info could be found through the link I provided.

If you have access to these RFE posts that no one else can find, then produce them. They would be the first and only confirmed RFEs since 2013. If you cannot, then it still stands that they do not exist and stating people get RFEs for not having an original is still hearsay only.

**edited to remove curt retort**

Edited by KayDeeCee

Timeline

Oh, you think no one has touched this subject until now, and no one has used the search.

It is YOUR claim that these RFEs exist. Where are they? This has been gone over and over in several different threads now. No one has been able to find an RFE within the last 3 years for not having an original signature on the letter of intent. The search has been done many times. The person that organized the RFE master list has confirmed there have not been any. All of this info could be found through the link I provided.

If you have access to these RFE posts that no one else can find, then produce them. They would be the first and only confirmed RFEs since 2013. If you cannot, then it still stands that they do not exist and stating people get RFEs for not having an original is still hearsay only.

**edited to remove curt retort**

I have searched and it seems like I remember wrong. I guess when I was filing it was at the tail end of it being changed (there were still old sample forms and people were scaring each other by telling people they needed to do original signature). I apologize.

Edited by TBoneTX
to remove judgmental comments

Timeline

I have searched and it seems like I remember wrong. I guess when I was filing it was at the tail end of it being changed (there were still old sample forms and people were scaring each other by telling people they needed to do original signature). I apologize.

I have been following this topic for years, and how the instructions have changed, and the RFEs have dropped off. People keep claiming you will get an RFE if you do not have an original signature, but cannot find any of the supposed RFEs they keep saying exist. So, as people keep saying it, I keep asking for links to these apparent RFEs. None have been found so far, and I am well aware of how to use even the advanced search function.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/597572-picture-instead-of-copy/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592360-beginning-process/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/597367-getting-a-head-start/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/596531-online-forms-for-fiancee/

Edited by TBoneTX
to remove quote of & reference to removed material

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.