farzram

NOA2 approvals June 2016 K1

163 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Yaay, I told you it was close. It'll move through NVC quickly now, almost time for medical and interview :dancing:

I sure hope it moved quickly. Italy is terrible when it comes to getting the interview date. They have to receive the petition from NVC, then my fiancee has to email them a statement saying she has all required documents, then they make the appointment. I am going to try and skip them sending me the packet 3, since I received it on the consulate website. Our medical is easy though (and much cheaper then yours from the looks). They schedule it a day before the interview for you, and you pay 180 euro and up to 150 euro for immunizations if they make her take them all.

USCIS
4/29/2016 Mailed I-129F
5/16/2016 NOA1
/6/1/2016 Expedite request
6/2/2016 Supporting documentation requested
6/6/2016 Supporting documentation faxed
6/13/2016 Expedite approved
6/14/2016 I-129F approved (via case status, no NOA2)
6/23/2016 NOA2 hardcopy
7/6/2016 Called USCIS, sent approved petition July 1, 2016

NVC
7/8/2016 NVC Received
7/12/2016 Case number and IIN assigned
7/13/2016 Left NVC

Consulate
7/15/2016 Case ready at embassy(wouldn't schedule appointment as package hasn't arrived)
7/18/2016 Case arrived embassy
7/19/2016 Sent packet 3
7/19/2016 Received packet 3
7/20/2016 Sent packet 3 again, first time wasn't good enough
7/20/2016 Received packet 4
8/2/2016 Medical
8//3/2016 Interview APPROVED
9/8/2016 POE JFK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I sure hope it moved quickly. Italy is terrible when it comes to getting the interview date. They have to receive the petition from NVC, then my fiancee has to email them a statement saying she has all required documents, then they make the appointment. I am going to try and skip them sending me the packet 3, since I received it on the consulate website. Our medical is easy though (and much cheaper then yours from the looks). They schedule it a day before the interview for you, and you pay 180 euro and up to 150 euro for immunizations if they make her take them all.

Medical cost has been brutal in Honduras. They milked us for every penny they could, made us do all vaccinations since she had no records and charged extra because she has a couple small tattoos; this occurs over 2 days. But whatever it takes to get her here.

So maybe you wait longer, but at least it sounds like they set it up nicely for you and are organized at that point. NVC mailed our case super quickly, hopefully it's similar for you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I Call and ask for a tier 2 it took about 2 hours for the officer to call me but he said he couldn't find anything no date as when it was sent but put a inquiry to see where my case is I'm having panic attack since neither USCIS or NVC can tell me where my case is at or what's going on.. The person in the phone told me it takes 30 days or maybe a little longer for NVC to put it on their system but that Once your approval USCIS notified immediate NVC but it takes them a while to review cases depending on how many cases they have for that specific country...

The wait is killing me and not knowing, and what's worst I'm visiting my fiancé and I was hoping to get all this done now that I'm in the country so I'm hoping I will have the interview by the end of this month but now I don't think it will happen ;(

Hey, we are on the same exact boat literally. I just called USCIS and they told me - it hasn't been sent yet and you need to wait 90 days... I said that doesn't make sense because on the approval notice it says "has been sent to department of state please allow 2-3 weeks for them to receive it" blah blah...

I asked to speak to a tier 2 and he was refusing he said I can ask for a tier 2 after 90 days. I told him that's unacceptable and want to be transferred because I'm concerned about my case and want to inquire ... Finally he agreed. I'm waiting for a call back but thinking I'm going to get the same answer as you. I'm worried as well and visiting my fiancée now for a long time and it's getting so hard for me here because I'm sick but we have plans to go back to the states together and everything is just moving by it seems sooooo slow.

Keep me updated on your case

I Call and ask for a tier 2 it took about 2 hours for the officer to call me but he said he couldn't find anything no date as when it was sent but put a inquiry to see where my case is I'm having panic attack since neither USCIS or NVC can tell me where my case is at or what's going on.. The person in the phone told me it takes 30 days or maybe a little longer for NVC to put it on their system but that Once your approval USCIS notified immediate NVC but it takes them a while to review cases depending on how many cases they have for that specific country...

The wait is killing me and not knowing, and what's worst I'm visiting my fiancé and I was hoping to get all this done now that I'm in the country so I'm hoping I will have the interview by the end of this month but now I don't think it will happen ;(

Hey, we are on the same exact boat literally. I just called USCIS and they told me - it hasn't been sent yet and you need to wait 90 days... I said that doesn't make sense because on the approval notice it says "has been sent to department of state please allow 2-3 weeks for them to receive it" blah blah...

I asked to speak to a tier 2 and he was refusing he said I can ask for a tier 2 after 90 days. I told him that's unacceptable and want to be transferred because I'm concerned about my case and want to inquire ... Finally he agreed. I'm waiting for a call back but thinking I'm going to get the same answer as you. I'm worried as well and visiting my fiancée now for a long time and it's getting so hard for me here because I'm sick but we have plans to go back to the states together and everything is just moving by it seems sooooo slow.

Keep me updated on your case

NVC received today, July 8!

Congrats! Very happy for you! Hope me and toxicchoney are on our way there too. Good luck from here on out !

Keep me updated for you !

Did you get the call back? I will call again on Monday hopefully the case is in cause this wait is killing me...

Timeline

No they never called me back super frustrating and I just don't know what to think. Hoping this "6 week" timeframe is true at this point and not the 90 days we heard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Our NOA2 date is June 8 as well and our case wasn't received yet either. My fiancé called USCIS yesterday and was told an Tier2 officer would call back but it never happened.

I'm just praying now that our case got there with all the others that got received on Friday and just no one looked at it yet..

Edited by Lillyandkip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

After receiving my NOA2 on June 7th and getting my Nvc case number, I booked my medical for the end of this week, and just spent hours on my pc and printer filling in DS160 paying Mrv fee and booked my interview for the end of August (although there were many earlier ones) just to absolutely make sure I have ample time for my paperwork!!!! Whoop whoop so happy to get even all that out of the way! Headache has gone!! Now I deserve a nice cup of coffee :)

After receiving my NOA2 on June 7th and getting my Nvc case number, I booked my medical for the end of this week, and just spent hours on my pc and printer filling in DS160 paying Mrv fee and booked my interview for the end of August (although there were many earlier ones) just to absolutely make sure I have ample time for my paperwork!!!! Whoop whoop so happy to get even all that out of the way! Headache has gone!! Now I deserve a nice cup of coffee :)

Congrats hopefully when I call on Monday mine will be approved let us know how your interview goes!!

Timeline

Filling out the DS-160 was such a pain in the ###. It kept timing out and making us restart whenever we were on the page asking about school and work information.

USCIS
4/29/2016 Mailed I-129F
5/16/2016 NOA1
6/23/2016 NOA2 hardcopy

NVC
7/8/2016 NVC Received
7/13/2016 Left NVC

Consulate
7/15/2016 Case ready at embassy(wouldn't schedule appointment as package hasn't arrived)
7/19/2016 Sent packet 3
8/2/2016 Medical
9/8/2016 POE JFK

Timeline

Filling out the DS-160 was such a pain in the ###. It kept timing out and making us restart whenever we were on the page asking about school and work information.

Did you fill out the DS160 after you found out your case reached NVC? Or did you do it beforehand?

Timeline

I did it last week, so just before NVC received it.

USCIS
4/29/2016 Mailed I-129F
5/16/2016 NOA1
6/23/2016 NOA2 hardcopy

NVC
7/8/2016 NVC Received
7/13/2016 Left NVC

Consulate
7/19/2016 Sent packet 3
8/2/2016 Medical
9/8/2016 POE JFK

Timeline

Just called NVC 7:45 am and they said they haven't received it yet.... He said if it isn't received by next week (which is my 6 week mark) to scan a copy of the noa2 and email it to nvcresearch@state.gov so they can look into it.... :(

Hoping it was just early in the day and they haven't come upon the mail yet going to try again later in the day with NVC.

Do you guys think I should try calling USCIS again and asking when they sent it again? I can't really go down the requesting a tier 2 office route again because I am out of the country and I tried that last time and gave my sisters number for a call back and never got one. What do you guys think? You think a tier1 officer this time might be able to give me some information...

Just called NVC 7:45 am and they said they haven't received it yet.... He said if it isn't received by next week (which is my 6 week mark) to scan a copy of the noa2 and email it to nvcresearch@state.gov so they can look into it.... :(

Hoping it was just early in the day and they haven't come upon the mail yet going to try again later in the day with NVC.

Do you guys think I should try calling USCIS again and asking when they sent it again? I can't really go down the requesting a tier 2 office route again because I am out of the country and I tried that last time and gave my sisters number for a call back and never got one. What do you guys think? You think a tier1 officer this time might be able to give me some information...

I will give USCIS a call back, I'm out of the country too and I'm using google voice and the hangouts app to make and receive call..

I'm going to call Nvc later today I will give them time hopefully my cause got there.. Crossing my fingers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.