farzram

NOA2 approvals June 2016 K1

163 posts in this topic

Finally talk to a tier 2 at USCIS and told me that my case was sent to Nvc as of July 8th ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Finally talk to a tier 2 at USCIS and told me that my case was sent to Nvc as of July 8th ?

That are great news! It should be at NVC on Thursday/Friday or latest the beginning of next week. I hope mine was sent too!

That are great news! It should be at NVC on Thursday/Friday or latest the beginning of next week. I hope mine was sent too!

Yes that's what the tier 2 guy told me that it should be there by Friday.. Have you call and see what's going on with yours?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes that's what the tier 2 guy told me that it should be there by Friday.. Have you call and see what's going on with yours?

We did but the Tier2 officer only said there is no way to track a specific case and that they send everything out within 3-5 days after the approval and it's NVC thats taking that long...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Congrats!!

I got my NOA2 on June 18 and still nothing.....

Called the NVC this morning and the lady that I spoke to said they havent receive it yet....

still waiting........

05/23/2019 I-751 Package Sent Through Fedex

05/24/2019 Packet Delivered to USCIS (Lewisville, TX)

05/31/2019 NOA 1 Received

09/20/2019 Case Status Updated To "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

09/27/2019 I-797C Hard Copy Received (Letter said no biometric appointment is needed)

11/08/2019 Biometrics Appointment Letter Received (11/19)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I just got a USCIS notification via email yesterday stating that 'Post Decision Activity' had been taken on my account, which meant that it had been mailed to NVC. My NOA2 date was June 28th, so I'm going to guess that it should get to NVC by next Tuesday, and I should have a case number (hopefully) by the Friday. So I'm going to call from Tues - Friday to check!

Based on what folks are saying in the other thread (April Filers), it seems like USCIS has implemented these new emails to go out for any NOA2 dates after June 25th. Whether that's in response to the remnants of the April slowdown, or just a new policy they're putting in place remains to be seen. But since I'm in the first batch of the PDA email folks (at least from the CSC), I'll try to keep updating what happens with NVC.

NOA1: April 11th

NOA2: June 28th

USCIS Mailed: July 12th

So it looks like it's taking USCIS about 2 weeks to send the approved cases to NVC, and if it takes ~ one more week to get there and a few days to get a case number and get mailed, this whole post-approval pre-Embassy step is running about 4 weeks (5/6 to get it actually received by your embassy, depending on where you are) -- and will likely get faster in the future.

So I think there's a lot of reason for hope that 90 days (12 weeks) is a really far-out estimate, similar to the five months quoted for the NOA1 -> NOA2 process. They're probably just trying to cover their butts/keep people from ringing their lines off the wall. My general approach has been this: whatever the maximum quoted time (90 days) -- expect half of that (6 weeks), hope for 1/3 of it (4 weeks), but don't freak out until 2/3 of it (60 days/8 weeks) has passed.

This makes me feel sooooo much better. I've continued to try to get a tier 2 to call me back since July 8th, I've called again on the 11th and 12th and never got a call back...

My NOA2 was June 8th and I never got an email or a status update online that it was sent maybe because my approval date is before the 25th and they aren't doing it for us?

I'm praying and hoping my petition is really there by the 6th week which is next week based off what you said.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Every case is different, just because it takes two weeks for some and maybe 3 months for others doesn't mean it'll go that fast or take that long for you. We for example waited for 6 months to get our NOA2, no RFEs or anything. So yes, it can take longer than the normal processing time. If they say 90 days to send the approval to NVC maybe some have to wait for 100 days. If they say 90 days maybe some only have to wait for 14.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

Every case is different, just because it takes two weeks for some and maybe 3 months for others doesn't mean it'll go that fast or take that long for you. We for example waited for 6 months to get our NOA2, no RFEs or anything. So yes, it can take longer than the normal processing time. If they say 90 days to send the approval to NVC maybe some have to wait for 100 days. If they say 90 days maybe some only have to wait for 14.

I waited 5 months for my NOA2 also with a quick fix RFE it was the longest wait ever... I can only imagine how frustrated you were with no RFE.

For some reason this Wait to get to NVC seems so much longer just because I guess we were under the impression from past experiences of people that it gets there much quicker.

I'm hoping I get there by Friday or next week. After that it's all about how soon they can give out an interview at my embassy. Let's all hope the 90 days is just a standard and it doesn't take that long. Good luck !

Timeline

Yes everyone said "Congrats to your NOA2, it'll go much faster now!", I wonder how true that actually is. Hopefully it won't take another 6 months at least. :P

I'm thinking the agent that decided to keep our petition for 6 months is now going to keep it for a long time again. I wish our petition had ended up with a fast agent, not this slow one who's probably both on sick-leave and vacation. Grr..

Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best. :dancing:

Timeline

Any updates ? I called around 9 am and NVC said my case hasn't been received yet. Going to try again soon in afternoon just in case the mail wasn't looked at or something.... I'm just trying to be optimistic and keep an open mind lol

Timeline

We only phoned them on Monday this week, never before that or after. Maybe we'll call again tomorrow. We haven't waited as long as some others though so we're keeping it cool for now. Have to give it a month at least, I bet.

Timeline

Just called and case wasn't there yet :cry:

Same here :( I asked what if it's not there when my 6 weeks is up Wednesday. She said email a copy of your noa2 to us... Then I asked if she recommends I call USCIS and ask if they sent it (even though I've been unsuccessful and called multiple times and tier 2 never called me back- I didn't tell her that though) she said- no just wait till your 6 weeks... It takes 6 weeks to get here.

I wanted to say- WELLL apparently not because others way after my approval date have arrived well over 6 weeks... But I didn't because there is no point and obviously didn't want to sound bitter about other people reaching there because I'm not I'm happy thy reached .... It's just frustrating ours isn't there yet.

Lilyandkip we have the same noa2 date I believe I guess maybe we will get there together? Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Or even next week :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.