farzram

NOA2 approvals June 2016 K1

163 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

We just did the DS-160. I am trying to pay the fee at NVC and it asks for our case number and IIN. It didn't for you? Your embassy may be different then Italy in regards to making the appointment as well. Naples does the medical a day prior, and they schedule it for you. They want me to email or fax them a statement of understanding before I can make the appointment.

No, it never asked for that at our embassy. Interview scheduling skipped all of that, but they do require medical of course. We have to set up our own medical through the list of qualified doctors, and the doctors require the case number.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

No, it never asked for that at our embassy. Interview scheduling skipped all of that, but they do require medical of course. We have to set up our own medical through the list of qualified doctors, and the doctors require the case number.

Ok. Lucky for you. Hoping whenever I am able to make our appointment the wait won't be long.

USCIS
4/29/2016 Mailed I-129F
5/16/2016 NOA1
/6/1/2016 Expedite request
6/2/2016 Supporting documentation requested
6/6/2016 Supporting documentation faxed
6/13/2016 Expedite approved
6/14/2016 I-129F approved (via case status, no NOA2)
6/23/2016 NOA2 hardcopy
7/6/2016 Called USCIS, sent approved petition July 1, 2016

NVC
7/8/2016 NVC Received
7/12/2016 Case number and IIN assigned
7/13/2016 Left NVC

Consulate
7/15/2016 Case ready at embassy(wouldn't schedule appointment as package hasn't arrived)
7/18/2016 Case arrived embassy
7/19/2016 Sent packet 3
7/19/2016 Received packet 3
7/20/2016 Sent packet 3 again, first time wasn't good enough
7/20/2016 Received packet 4
8/2/2016 Medical
8//3/2016 Interview APPROVED
9/8/2016 POE JFK

Congratulations on your approval, my approval date is June 9th but every time I call Nvc they say they haven't receive my case and that my reciept number doesn't show on their system, I'm a little worried have anyone receive the same answer? Also my approval notice said it was sent to the consulate instead of Nvc any advice?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Congratulations on your approval, my approval date is June 9th but every time I call Nvc they say they haven't receive my case and that my reciept number doesn't show on their system, I'm a little worried have anyone receive the same answer? Also my approval notice said it was sent to the consulate instead of Nvc any advice?

Hey! Congrats on your approval! I've gotten the same exact answer and was told it can take 30 days to receive... However I am crossing my fingers it's sooner. If your approval notice said it was sent to the consulate I suggest calling them and inquiring letting them know according to the approval notice it was sent directly to them...

Also, not sure if my phone is acting up or what but I don't see a timeline or which country this is pertaining to. Update your timeline and lmk what country! Hope this kinda helped

Sorry Im New to this forum, the notice said it was sent to the consulate, doesn't say which one but I'm guessing Dominican Republic since that's where my fiancé is, problem is when I call them they told me it needs to go thru NVC first and that they don't have anything and can't see anything till NVC approved it, they did how ever created a account that I will need to file the ds160 and pay for the fee once I recieve the approval from NVC.

Any idea if this sound right? Thank you for your reply..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry Im New to this forum, the notice said it was sent to the consulate, doesn't say which one but I'm guessing Dominican Republic since that's where my fiancé is, problem is when I call them they told me it needs to go thru NVC first and that they don't have anything and can't see anything till NVC approved it, they did how ever created a account that I will need to file the ds160 and pay for the fee once I recieve the approval from NVC.

Any idea if this sound right? Thank you for your reply..

All cases must go through the NVC(National Visa Center) first before going to your consulate.

Prepare to wait at least 3 weeks for your 129F approval to be entered into their system. Took mine 20 days to get the case # so start planning to call them around 21 days after your NOA2.

Once you get the case # they then send it to your embassy. Depending on how things work for your embassy it may take a couple of weeks before they receive it or it could be a couple of days.

Once you get your case # start using this site: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Here you will see it change from In Transit to Ready. You should receive by mail the NVC Case letter a week or so later. You will need that for your beneficiary, you can scan and email it to them as well.

At that point I would refer to your countries forum or other VJ members to see what the process is.

Good luck

All cases must go through the NVC(National Visa Center) first before going to your consulate.

Prepare to wait at least 3 weeks for your 129F approval to be entered into their system. Took mine 20 days to get the case # so start planning to call them around 21 days after your NOA2.

Once you get the case # they then send it to your embassy. Depending on how things work for your embassy it may take a couple of weeks before they receive it or it could be a couple of days.

Once you get your case # start using this site: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Here you will see it change from In Transit to Ready. You should receive by mail the NVC Case letter a week or so later. You will need that for your beneficiary, you can scan and email it to them as well.

At that point I would refer to your countries forum or other VJ members to see what the process is.

Good luck

Thank you for the reply and information.. I thought it was strange that my approval notice said it was sent to the consulate instead of the NVC since I have a cousin that just finish his journey and is already in the state and his approval doesn't say the same thing as mine.

Thank you for the guidance and congratulations on getting your case number. Did you schedule your appointment yet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for the guidance and congratulations on getting your case number. Did you schedule your appointment yet?

You're welcome.

Yes, interview and approved already! Just waiting to get visa in hand.

Timeline

Any news from fellow June approvals from the NVC?

USCIS
4/29/2016 Mailed I-129F
5/16/2016 NOA1
6/23/2016 NOA2 hardcopy

NVC
7/8/2016 NVC Received
7/13/2016 Left NVC

Consulate
7/15/2016 Case ready at embassy(wouldn't schedule appointment as package hasn't arrived)
7/19/2016 Sent packet 3
8/2/2016 Medical
9/8/2016 POE JFK

Timeline

Any news from fellow June approvals from the NVC?

Hey, nothing yet I keep calling but they keep giving me the standard - can take upto 6 weeks. Motsjen was approved 2 days before me and they said their petition (according to USCIS) was sent last week and they got their petition at NVC already but theirs is an expedited case.

Not sure if ours is in the same box or not but i believe they would process and input expedited cases first before ours even if it is there - but they keep telling me it's not received yet and I haven't been able to get through to a tier 2 officer to see if my case has been sent to NVC yet or not and on which date.

I can imagine it was in the same box because they send it in bulk but nothing yet. I hope let's aim for this week it gets there. My 3 week mark has hit so far. What about anyone else? Any news?

Timeline

Mine was expedited as well, so hoping by the end of next week.

USCIS
4/29/2016 Mailed I-129F
5/16/2016 NOA1
6/23/2016 NOA2 hardcopy

NVC
7/8/2016 NVC Received
7/13/2016 Left NVC

Consulate
7/19/2016 Sent packet 3
8/2/2016 Medical
9/8/2016 POE JFK

Timeline

Mine was expedited as well, so hoping by the end of next week.

Oh yeah I think you should be pretty good on aiming end of next week. Expedited cases I think are looked at before any others in the box from my understanding and talking to other members. Good luck I hope we all get it there soon and then interviews soon after. Let's keep each other posted.

Timeline

Any news from Nvc on June approvals?

Just called and they said they haven't received it yet... They're giving me the standard "6 week" to receive ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I called USCIS and got a call back from T2 officer earlier this week. Although our case was approved June 2nd, they didn't mail it out until June 24th (22 days after approval). I looked up ground mail estimates, and the postal site estimates 5 business days from service center zip code to new hampshire, so I figure it should be there today or tomorrow. I'm hoping they scan it in as received pretty quick, we'll see.

I think this illustrates which department is generally responsible for longer waits at this stage. Haha. I know other people with my approval date got the nvc case number around 3 weeks, so no idea how they do it over at csc.

Edited by mitch612

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.