farzram

NOA2 approvals June 2016 K1

163 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Just got an interview date, August 3rd! Coming up quick

Congrats! I'm sure everything will go smooth and you guys will have visa in hand soon :)

whats the number for USCI? Is it possible to call them from Norway and ask them about the status?

18003755283 yes you can call from there I call from Afghanistan ofcourse it costs me a fortune the hangouts app and stuff doesn't work for me here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Dear all,

The NVC emailed me back giving me the case number and has informed me that they have sent it out to my consulate on 19 July 2016 (NOA2 June 14) so it took over a month. I'm so happy. We have never successfully got through to them by phone call but they are responsive with emails although it takes a couple of days to reply (2-3 days).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Dear all,

The NVC emailed me back giving me the case number and has informed me that they have sent it out to my consulate on 19 July 2016 (NOA2 June 14) so it took over a month. I'm so happy. We have never successfully got through to them by phone call but they are responsive with emails although it takes a couple of days to reply (2-3 days).

Congratulations! We got our number today as well, we've called about three times all-in-all, today was our lucky day. Feels so good to be done with that part now. Hopefully it won't get lost on the way to the embassy! :D

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

Congrats Joezelle and Scandi! Happy you guys finally Got to NVC !

As for me I got this email from USCIS regarding an inquiry I put in with them:

Thank you for your inquiry. On July 12, 2016, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-129F to notify us. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

What We Have Done

This case was approved and notification was mailed to the address of record on June 8, 2016.

Once an initial petition has been approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, it is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC), which is an entity of the State Department. Your case file is in the process of transferring to NVC at this moment. The State Department controls visa issuance. Once with the State Department, USCIS no longer has jurisdiction or access to the petition.

For questions regarding your petition, it is recommended that you contact the State Department regarding your concerns. You can contact the National Visa Center for more information.

Not sure if that means it's sent or not. Also got a call back from a tier 2 who said that my petition was sent to NVC it's not there so they have no way of tracking it- asked for a date it was sent which they couldn't provide me with. Also told me not to call them anymore that it has been sent to NVC and the reason why they say "it hasn't been received" is because it is at their office but they are processing it - which can take upto 90days - once it's processed on their end they can scan it in and it will come up as received....

Well I called NVC and asked them if that's true and they said no- that once they receive the mail it's immediately scanned into the system and shows up as received. So honestly don't know who to believe.

All I can do is wait at this point and see what happens. I also faxed over paperwork to my senators office to see if they can be any help (hopefully).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

They said they sent it out June 8th, the day is was approved, which is bull. I really wish there was some way to give feedback to USCIS. They are terrible at answering questions, even the tier 2 guys who have the information. They tend to be nasty towards you, and are almost never helpful and try to get you off the phone as fast as possible instead of actually helping. If they helped the first time around, the amount of calls would drop significantly. I called USCIS about 4 times till I got someone helpful.

USCIS
4/29/2016 Mailed I-129F
5/16/2016 NOA1
/6/1/2016 Expedite request
6/2/2016 Supporting documentation requested
6/6/2016 Supporting documentation faxed
6/13/2016 Expedite approved
6/14/2016 I-129F approved (via case status, no NOA2)
6/23/2016 NOA2 hardcopy
7/6/2016 Called USCIS, sent approved petition July 1, 2016

NVC
7/8/2016 NVC Received
7/12/2016 Case number and IIN assigned
7/13/2016 Left NVC

Consulate
7/15/2016 Case ready at embassy(wouldn't schedule appointment as package hasn't arrived)
7/18/2016 Case arrived embassy
7/19/2016 Sent packet 3
7/19/2016 Received packet 3
7/20/2016 Sent packet 3 again, first time wasn't good enough
7/20/2016 Received packet 4
8/2/2016 Medical
8//3/2016 Interview APPROVED
9/8/2016 POE JFK

Timeline

Agreed. They were super unhelpful and continued to say- STOP CALLING HERE DO YOU UNDERSTAND. It's not here.. We can't look anything up. Just stop calling us. Just wait. When asked when it was sent he said that doesn't show on their system. Lol they're the worst people to talk to I'm honestly sick of trying to find someone good there and probably won't even be calling anymore.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Dear all,

what is the email address? Probably I need to contact them as well

Timeline

They said they sent it out June 8th, the day is was approved, which is bull. I really wish there was some way to give feedback to USCIS. They are terrible at answering questions, even the tier 2 guys who have the information. They tend to be nasty towards you, and are almost never helpful and try to get you off the phone as fast as possible instead of actually helping. If they helped the first time around, the amount of calls would drop significantly. I called USCIS about 4 times till I got someone helpful.

I don't think it says it was sent to NVC on the 8, I think that's the approval notice that was sent out to the petitioner?

It sucks not having a date to fo by, it would make everyone so much calmer by knowing what date the approved petition was sent so they at least know it was sent and isn't just sitting somewhere at USCIS.

Hopefully they're truthful in the email and that the case now really is in transit to NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

The email address is asknvc@state.gov

Wish you all the best with your case!

And farzam, that's really terrible :( I hope all works out well on your end. There should be a way to tackle this problem. Keep us updated!

Timeline

Try their form otherwise, it's easy to fill out and you can be sure you don't forget to add any info they might need to find your case. I used this one twice and got replies withint two days. I think it goes to the same email address as the one jozelle26 provided, so you can obviously use that one too if you don't want to fill in the info on their website.

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

congrates on your case. hope everything turns out well,

i got approvel from NVC on july 19th. they asked me to wait for interview. how long dose it take to get an interview.

as of today it has been 40 days. i keep calling them and they say the same thing. "just wait "

I was wondering if anyone else got interview this month or last month. how long they waited for interview.

any information would be help full.

thank you

Yousef

Timeline

congrates on your case. hope everything turns out well,

i got approvel from NVC on july 19th. they asked me to wait for interview. how long dose it take to get an interview.

as of today it has been 40 days. i keep calling them and they say the same thing. "just wait "

I was wondering if anyone else got interview this month or last month. how long they waited for interview.

any information would be help full.

thank you

Yousef

This forum is for K-1 visas, you could ask your question in the CR-1/IR-1 forum instead for more correct answers.

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.