Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Today I got another update from embassy case still in AP.

INTERVEIW 1 AUGUST, UPDATES 1, 3, 7, 9, 20, 21 I hope it will be issued soon :)

that's good.

Timeline

I also had 5 updates in the past after the interview before the documents were submitted, I don't even know if the updates matter anymore.

to be honest no, but in some ways sometimes yes as some people said yeah they're working in your case.

from my side I didn't trust date updates I only trust when it's change from AP to Issued.

In sha Allah ( God Willing ) we will hear a good news soon.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

to be honest no, but in some ways sometimes yes as some people said yeah they're working in your case.

from my side I didn't trust date updates I only trust when it's change from AP to Issued.

In sha Allah ( God Willing ) we will hear a good news soon.

yeah Ahmed you do a good thing... I am with you on this... update means nothing until we get Issued... I read many people got no Update and after 5-6-7 month they got ISSUED... in AP there is no Rules you can Expect anything from it

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

yeah updates does not matter bUt in positive points atleast you can see that your case on processs someone checking or working on it each applicants has diffierent kinds of AP and each case is different so update really does not matter but atleast its gives us a hope

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The updates does not matter. Consulates sometimes check in the system to see what applications they have under AP, to synchronize with the yearly quota. A simple consulate employee at the entrance booth can check your file on his 12 years old HP desktop..and then it pops up an update change on your ceac..

Once clearances start arriving to the consulate, they check your file on the system, it's usual routine, once the last clearance arrives, they check also, that's where the OR appears or in most cases it does not.

People have had AP for 7 month, 2 date changes, and they where called to drop the passport for stamping.

It depends on when ALL the clearances from ALL US agencies arrive to the consulate in your country + The result of those clearances + THEN final decision by the CO.

Edited by Davy981

Timeline

The updates does not matter. Consulates sometimes check in the system to see what applications they have under AP, to synchronize with the yearly quota. A simple consulate employee at the entrance booth can check your file on his 12 years old HP desktop..and then it pops up an update change on your ceac..

Once clearances start arriving to the consulate, they check your file on the system, it's usual routine, once the last clearance arrives, they check also, that's where the OR appears or in most cases it does not.

People have had AP for 7 month, 2 date changes, and they where called to drop the passport for stamping.

It depends on when ALL the clearances from ALL US agencies arrive to the consulate in your country + The result of those clearances + THEN final decision by the CO.

It's seems good info from where you got it can you share the source please my AP wordings changed yesterday (saturday)and OR poped up, then this morning embassy update my case on ceac probelly they checked that cleaence from DOS I guess but as other says updates/OR on AP does not matter as long as its shows ISSUED but I have another question like my passport with me so ceac site will SHOW issued or it will remain AP until embassy will asked for my passport and visa will stamp on it the it will changed into ISSUED what's your opinion on that any idea...

Timeline

It's seems good info from where you got it can you share the source please my AP wordings changed yesterday (saturday)and OR poped up, then this morning embassy update my case on ceac probelly they checked that cleaence from DOS I guess but as other says updates/OR on AP does not matter as long as its shows ISSUED but I have another question like my passport with me so ceac site will SHOW issued or it will remain AP until embassy will asked for my passport and visa will stamp on it the it will changed into ISSUED what's your opinion on that any idea...

Absolutely they will ask for your passport to print the visa, without it it can't be Issued.

I hope they will ask for your passport soon bro.

We are waiting for a good news in sha Allah.

Yeah I figured that ... Well I hope we all get issued soon this is torture for all of us... I'm so tired of waiting... I have trip planned for October, my husbands birthday... I thought he would be here by then but just to be safe, I'll have to go.... Hopefully he'll be here for Christmas and New Years... Hope all you guys get issued before the holidays..

Timeline

Yeah I figured that ... Well I hope we all get issued soon this is torture for all of us... I'm so tired of waiting... I have trip planned for October, my husbands birthday... I thought he would be here by then but just to be safe, I'll have to go.... Hopefully he'll be here for Christmas and New Years... Hope all you guys get issued before the holidays..

hey why ur hubby placed on AP i thought AP are only for muslims lol whats ur story and what document did they requested after interview, we have a wedding annivery and my birthday in OCT too so if m not going there then we have planned for our anniversery in Malaysia / sigapore and Thailand 3 countries in 2 weeks lol

Absolutely they will ask for your passport to print the visa, without it it can't be Issued.

I hope they will ask for your passport soon bro.

We are waiting for a good news in sha Allah.

yes bro we all will depart from our country to US soon thats my feelings lets pray together :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

good Kamal... happy for you.

How was your flight? what happen when you arrived? share please...

the flight was so tiring and my stomach was so hurting thank god a man from south africa sitting beside me gave me tablet.

i arrived and i was leaded to migration office and i was asked couple of questions and he gave me entry stamp on my visa and he said this is a one year green card for u. if anyone talks to u lift it up and say am american :D

Edited by kamal1.3

Timeline

the flight was so tiring and my stomach was so hurting thank god a man from south africa sitting beside me gave me tablet.

i arrived and i was leaded to migration office and i was asked couple of questions and he gave me entry stamp on my visa and he said this is a one year green card for u. if anyone talks to u lift it up and day am american :D

Good to know that ur in states bro why u picked a longer flight there is no direct flight from ur home country and what questions the immigration officer asked u at POE would u share and what was ur poe and how long it took u to clear immigration and custom

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

bro there is no direct flight but i was only transit in dubai for six hours i believe if i had taken longer transit i would not have such difficult time

Edited by kamal1.3

Hey amkhan ! Well my husband went on AP because he was arrested about 5 years ago for cyber bullying I guess... He had an ex girlfriend who cheated on him so he posted the picture online, long story short she pressed charges and the judge dropped the charges on how rediculous the case was, however he was processed and spent a couple nights in jail.... Fast foward the day of the interview they asked if he was previously arrested. He said yes although his record was cleared and his police record is clean... However we took the court documents in which it states that the charges were dropped and there's no crime commited, but the CO said because of this she would have to put him in AP for two weeks and later she would call him... Two weeks passed and then two months when they requested additional documents, which included a police record that states he hasn't gotten into trouble since that day, a document staying what happen in his words notarized and a fingerprints documents that states he hasn't been finger printed since then

and that's what brings us here... I've read online that people have committed worse crimes and have been forgiven and have been grated visas ... After 5 years if you were convicted you souls be able to be given a visa .. He was accused but never convicted, there for I don't understand the AP. But what can I do. I saw a similar story on this of a couple in AP in the same consulate, her interview was June 2015 and her husband didn't come until March 2016 .... So long AP

Timeline

Hey amkhan ! Well my husband went on AP because he was arrested about 5 years ago for cyber bullying I guess... He had an ex girlfriend who cheated on him so he posted the picture online, long story short she pressed charges and the judge dropped the charges on how rediculous the case was, however he was processed and spent a couple nights in jail.... Fast foward the day of the interview they asked if he was previously arrested. He said yes although his record was cleared and his police record is clean... However we took the court documents in which it states that the charges were dropped and there's no crime commited, but the CO said because of this she would have to put him in AP for two weeks and later she would call him... Two weeks passed and then two months when they requested additional documents, which included a police record that states he hasn't gotten into trouble since that day, a document staying what happen in his words notarized and a fingerprints documents that states he hasn't been finger printed since then

Ok he spoked truth and got 6 month AP wow I wish ur hubby get his visa soon all the best :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.