Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 minutes ago, MrAhmed said:

The age difference between me and my wife is 20 years. Is this a reason for rejection?

The consul in the interview did not talk about age ...

After the interview, the consul told me when we call you send your passport
I'm still in AP 7 month next month i will be 8 month 

any one have any news :(:(

There's only 2 yrs between my husband and I and we've been AP for 22 months. 😔.. I personally don't think it's a factor.

event.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, mosha1972 said:

There's only 2 yrs between my husband and I and we've been AP for 22 months. 😔.. I personally don't think it's a factor

SubhanAllah!! 22 months on AP ?!

What happened in your interview ?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Nody said:

Everything went fine they just wanted 3 extra documents which we gave them 2 days later. Honestly the most miserable time in our lives😕

event.png

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Nody said:

6 minutes ago, mosha1972 said:

Everything went fine they just wanted 3 extra documents which we gave them 2 days later. Honestly the most miserable time in our lives😕

15 months in AP here ... the interview was fine and quick .. they did not even ask for any documents 

we have just 1 year difference 

and yes indeed very bad times .. el7amdulellah for all .. but we are trying to enjoy our life together through it ... if you can then don’t let them steal this time of your life .. don’t hang or suspend your life waiting for their decision

btw do you get any status updates away from when your senator contacts them?

Edited by Ayman taha

Timeline
4 minutes ago, mosha1972 said:

I understand how you feel.. I had a bad experience too! I applied for k1 visa in Jan. 2017, the consul sent my case back to the USCIS in Aug. 2017. We waited for them to review it. 3 months later they sent my husband a letter that the case was expired and we can either file again or get legally married .. we got married and we just applied for the CR1 ..

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Ayman taha said:

15 months in AP here ... the interview was fine and quick .. they did not even ask for any documents 

we have just 1 year difference 

and yes indeed very bad times .. el7amdulellah for all .. but we are trying to enjoy our life together through it ... if you can then don’t let them steal this time of your life .. don’t hang or suspend your life waiting for their decision

btw do you get any status updates away from when your senator contacts them?

It's hard for him to move to Cairo. He visited me 8 times since December 2016. Alhamdulillah that we could spend that time together, but still so hard to be away from your beloved one!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nody said:

It's hard for him to move to Cairo. He visited me 8 times since December 2016. Alhamdulillah that we could spend that time together, but still so hard to be away from your beloved one!

I totally understand you! It is.

Yeah of course everyone has different circumstances.

i wish you the best

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ayman taha said:

I totally understand you! It is.

Yeah of course everyone has different circumstances.

i wish you the best

Thank you Ayman. May Allah make it easy for all of us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
17 hours ago, MrAhmed said:

The age difference between me and my wife is 20 years. Is this a reason for rejection?

The consul in the interview did not talk about age ...

After the interview, the consul told me when we call you send your passport
I'm still in AP 7 month next month i will be 8 month 

any one have any news :(:(

A reason for rejection? No.

But it's a red flag, and a good reason (in their view) to put you on AP, for whatever reason that is: revise your submitted evidence, and try to prove your relationship to be fake.

Just like most of us here on AP, so no surprise there.

Look, they're not good people, and they surely are not your friends. They do NOT care about how bad you need it.

For all I know, they could have orders not to process as many cases as possible and create the biggest backlog as possible (to decrease the amount of immigrants entering the U.S = A.K.A Trump's policy).

Soooo, your best solution is to either ignore the entire case and move on without it,

OR File a lawsuit.

Let us know how it goes, and in sha' Allah khair.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
On 4/7/2018 at 1:49 PM, Super Uber said:

Writ of mandamus = a lawsuit = legal complaint = litigation.

Unreasonable is usually legally determined by the judge handling the case, that's why a good lawyer will know about the judge handling the case. Some judges dismiss the case saying that it's not the court's jurisdiction to decide to begin with, but that's another story.

Most of our delays ARE unreasonable, will a district court judge see that way though? and according to the current trump delays situation, will it be considered unreasonable?

The cost varies from one lawyer to another, I've seen 5,000~15,000$ .. too expensive for most of us. Perhaps @sandiego2013 can tell us how much it costs.

After how long? You can do it after 1 month of AP, or after many years. It's your choice, nothing limits you. because "unreasonable delay" is an undefined period of time.

If one chooses to start a lawsuit does the Attorney ask for all the money upfront? Will they take payments or.......???

Timeline
On 4/21/2018 at 9:25 PM, Super Uber said:

A reason for rejection? No.

But it's a red flag, and a good reason (in their view) to put you on AP, for whatever reason that is: revise your submitted evidence, and try to prove your relationship to be fake.

Just like most of us here on AP, so no surprise there.

Look, they're not good people, and they surely are not your friends. They do NOT care about how bad you need it.

For all I know, they could have orders not to process as many cases as possible and create the biggest backlog as possible (to decrease the amount of immigrants entering the U.S = A.K.A Trump's policy).

Soooo, your best solution is to either ignore the entire case and move on without it,

OR File a lawsuit.

Let us know how it goes, and in sha' Allah khair.

I think u right I’m in California my husband still in Egypt we are AP 6 months we proof all relationship 7 years we was together just Trumps policy but he is right he accept husband and wife with cintezenship and  sponsor but they having allot off issue in emagration here they late everything people apply permenent visa after 2 yerars took a long time so sad I believe the god and we patients live the embassy do them job it’s hard stay far from your husband we praying each day and night inchallah we will have good news I wish everybody have good news ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, Look-Beyond said:

If one chooses to start a lawsuit does the Attorney ask for all the money upfront? Will they take payments or.......???

A lawsuit is built up in 3 different stages:

Complaint.

Court.

Further litigation needed (or end result).

Essentially, you may only need to file a complaint without having to go to court (read my previous posts about this). So, you can arrange it with your attorney to pay a certain amount for every stage: the higher the stage, the more money you'll have to pay - this will greatly decrease the financial burden on you. So, say 5000$ for complaint, and 10,000$, IF it goes to court.

(Showing that you understand the process with the attorney will greatly help you, because lawyers want all the money they can get from their clients, win or lose that is. So, paying the entire amount, even in payments, is ridiculous, especially if it doesn't go to court at all).

Also, each payment can be split and made in smaller payments, say you can arrange to pay 5000$ in 6 months (works for most people, and attorneys).

Complaint and court work are sooooo different, speaking in terms of work load of course.

A complaint can be prepared within 3~5 days, but court may require a lot more than that for sure.

Don't forget to discuss hidden fees: some attorneys will bill you for mailing or printing fees, that are sometimes ridiculously overpriced.

In shaa Allah Khair!

Timeline
On 4/23/2018 at 7:49 PM, Super Uber said:

A lawsuit is built up in 3 different stages:

Complaint.

Court.

Further litigation needed (or end result).

Essentially, you may only need to file a complaint without having to go to court (read my previous posts about this). So, you can arrange it with your attorney to pay a certain amount for every stage: the higher the stage, the more money you'll have to pay - this will greatly decrease the financial burden on you. So, say 5000$ for complaint, and 10,000$, IF it goes to court.

(Showing that you understand the process with the attorney will greatly help you, because lawyers want all the money they can get from their clients, win or lose that is. So, paying the entire amount, even in payments, is ridiculous, especially if it doesn't go to court at all).

Also, each payment can be split and made in smaller payments, say you can arrange to pay 5000$ in 6 months (works for most people, and attorneys).

Complaint and court work are sooooo different, speaking in terms of work load of course.

A complaint can be prepared within 3~5 days, but court may require a lot more than that for sure.

Don't forget to discuss hidden fees: some attorneys will bill you for mailing or printing fees, that are sometimes ridiculously overpriced.

In shaa Allah Khair!

Totally agree. 

I'm actually now in the process of filing a lawsuit in one of the circuit courts, just waiting for a law firm to review everything and we should be ready by July. However, the cost it varies case to case, my lawyer took around 20k as deposit and will ask for more once the case moves forward and goes to further postpone and fighting at the court against other parties.

We have been in AP for 26 months and yet nothing changed. It is the best option we can do this point and hopefully, it comes with a positive outcome.

Will let you know guys whenever we starting the process.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I just receive email from NVC I don’t understand what that meaning I call them they told me he is  on 3535FBAF-4E57-4B1A-B014-4291F6D09FF6.thumb.png.07131da9025dc983d4529afe88a963ec.pngAP and she transfer to me different section I was thinking they send my husband paper back to NVC but they told me your husband case in Egypt embassy ......u just have to wait little bet time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.