Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

thank you. other people here that went through the same thing said they received a text from Aramex tp pick it up but no phone calls from embassy.

Well, that's also another possibility. Aramex does indeed send SMS texts when the passport is ready for pickup.

Do bare in mind that you must keep the envelope inside sealed, it will be handed over to the immigration officer at the port of entry / airport.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
14 hours ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

thank you. other people here that went through the same thing said they received a text from Aramex tp pick it up but no phone calls from embassy.

Install Aramex App and login and you will check it everyday morning and one day you will find it it's ready for pick up, I did that and this was really helpful. it could takes from 7 to 10 business days, Make sure the envelop is sealed and have an active ID and they are in Nasr City this was for me I don't know which location you choose , if you don't have a car then you can use Uber or Careem for pick up you to go there. then open the sealed envelop inside Aramex to check your passport having your Visa , and Once you see it don't forget to thank Allah , Then your spouse that she goes with you all these process and remember these days when you came here because live here in US is like waves. stay strong and tell everyone I said hello and you can tell them goodbye, wish for you a good start and if you need any help to know anything just let me know. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Halalbrother said:

Install Aramex App and login and you will check it everyday morning and one day you will find it it's ready for pick up, I did that and this was really helpful. it could takes from 7 to 10 business days, Make sure the envelop is sealed and have an active ID and they are in Nasr City this was for me I don't know which location you choose , if you don't have a car then you can use Uber or Careem for pick up you to go there. then open the sealed envelop inside Aramex to check your passport having your Visa , and Once you see it don't forget to thank Allah , Then your spouse that she goes with you all these process and remember these days when you came here because live here in US is like waves. stay strong and tell everyone I said hello and you can tell them goodbye, wish for you a good start and if you need any help to know anything just let me know. 

DO NOT OPEN THE PROBABLY YELLOW SEALED ENVELOP INSIDE THE ARAMEX PACKAGE.

You can open the package, and I think that's what @Halalbrother meant to say.

Timeline

Good morning friends,

My finace received a text from Aramrlex today and she went and picked up the passport and the sealed envelope. I didn’t expect it will be that quick, the status changed to issue Sunday. I already told her not to open the yellow envelope but they also sent all the docs we submitted. The issue date on the visa is 2/11/18 and the expiration date is 6/27/18. I thought the visa is good for 6 month??

Yasser

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

Good morning friends,

My finace received a text from Aramrlex today and she went and picked up the passport and the sealed envelope. I didn’t expect it will be that quick, the status changed to issue Sunday. I already told her not to open the yellow envelope but they also sent all the docs we submitted. The issue date on the visa is 2/11/18 and the expiration date is 6/27/18. I thought the visa is good for 6 month??

Yasser

Immigration laws and rules change frequently now more than ever.

I've had a friend who got his visa with only 1 month expiration date of his IR1 visa, which is a very short time to pack your bags, leave family, work and/or house behind, and book your tickets.

So, I'm happy that you have 4 and half months :).

They probably changed it because they know there's no real reason for long expiration dates.

Most people enter the U.S within a couple of months maximum after getting their visa (I guess).

Edited by Super Uber

Timeline
1 hour ago, Super Uber said:

DO NOT OPEN THE PROBABLY YELLOW SEALED ENVELOP INSIDE THE ARAMEX PACKAGE.

You can open the package, and I think that's what @Halalbrother meant to say.

yes that is correct I didn't mean to open the sealed envelop sorry about that Yasser, I mean take a look on your passport and Visa that is it , Thank you so much for correcting me brother I really appreciate it. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

Immigration laws and rules change frequently now more than ever.

I've had a friend who got his visa with only 1 month expiration date of his IR1 visa, which is a very short time to pack your bags, leave family, work and/or house behind, and book your tickets.

So, I'm happy that you have 4 and half months :).

They probably changed it because they know there's no real reason for long expiration dates.

Most people enter the U.S within a couple of months maximum after getting their visa (I guess).

That is correct because they looking into it like you got your visa you need to leave there is no delay for that because you waited a long time for it , but that is not in every case , because every case is different. 

Timeline

sorry guys working and texting here is not easy , I was trying to give information , but I really apologize for that Yasser, DO NOT open the yellow sealed envelop you only way that envelop will be open by airport officer when she enter the us, Thank you guys for sharing, and wish for you a great live. ans thank you Super Uber for catch me up and correct me immediately for avoiding any drama to happen. Thank you all and wish for the rest to get Issued soon and I will be always here and be happy to see you guys get issued.Allahum Ameen. 

3 hours ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

Good morning friends,

Yasser

Congratulations!! 

Do you guys know if they work on Sundays? 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, YoungPadawan said:

Congratulations!! 

Do you guys know if they work on Sundays? 

Who exactly?

The embassy is open from Sunday to Thursdays, but sometimes they work on Fridays too, but not open to the public.

Aramex are usually open all week long, sometimes Fridays are off. Check their website.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Salam alaykum everyone 

any updates for any of you?

especially those on Cr1 visas

@mosha1972

@Ahmed&Roma

@Super Uber

Edited by Ayman taha

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MrAhmed said:

hi all  No update yet :( Last updated 26 October

6 month now AP we waiting :angry::angry:

any one get new news :whistle:

14 months and last ceac update few days ago, it was the first in awhile

did ur interview go well? Asked u for anything?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.