Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I canceled the appointment I had on the 27th. It was pointless, I will call NVC when I get back in the states to find out if they received our file back from the Embassy or if they have forward our file on to USCIS. The Embassy wont respond to my emails any longer.

We've been super busy on our end trying to get documents in place to prove bona fide marriage while I am here in Egypt. I did get a 1 year resident stamp in my passport and my husbands friend works at his bank and we went through the process to add me, wont know for sure until tomorrow I think. Need to make sure the Bank Statement prints with both our names on it. We've got a few days left before I leave so we want to make it memorable. 

Truly wishing everyone all the best!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share with you my case updates. Also joining you the patience and the stressful feeling.

My wife and I got married in Feb 2014 in Texas, and we have two girls also, been living together since then.

Our case got transferred to US Embassy in Egypt in Jan 2016, and we got interviewed in the same month, the second interview took a place on Feb 10th 2016. Since then we have been in AP. The last request was from the embassy back to May 2017 and they requested my 10 years travel history which I responded on may 15th.

Every other month we trying to reach the embassy to get an update on our case but the embassy always response with the same generic response. 

Therefore; my lawyer willing to move forward with an allegation case at one of the circuit courts in the United States, in order to get our case to move on. Actually, we have been trying to postpone this action since last year but we feel we should move forward with this allegation since there's no other option.

My question; have anyone here ever filled something like that before, if so, what was the outcome?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
19 hours ago, sandiego2013 said:

Therefore; my lawyer willing to move forward with an allegation case at one of the circuit courts in the United States, in order to get our case to move on. Actually, we have been trying to postpone this action since last year but we feel we should move forward with this allegation since there's no other option.

My question; have anyone here ever filled something like that before, if so, what was the outcome?

Thanks

Hi there,

What is an allegation case? I don't think that's the right name for it.

Do you mean a lawsuit? If yes, then who are you suing?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Super Uber said:

Hi there,

What is an allegation case? I don't think that's the right name for it.

Do you mean a lawsuit? If yes, then who are you suing?

My bad, the case will be the filing of litigation. Means will sue the DOS

Timeline
7 hours ago, sandiego2013 said:

My bad, the case will be the filing of litigation. Means will sue the DOS

Litigation is the right case, it also means a lawsuit.

A lawsuit against the DoS is the right action for any unreasonable delay.

Its not uncommon, but also not that common to see a lawsuit against the DoS.

It usually ends up being settled, without having to go to court.

Hopefully, you'll get a timely response, once your attorney files the complaint and they're served.

Please, keep up us updated with the steps and results.

I'm very happy that someone finally did something like this.  I would have done it myself, if it wasn't costly.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

Hopefully, you'll get a timely response, once your attorney files the complaint and they're served.

I'm very happy that someone finally did something like this.  I would have done it myself, if it wasn't costly.

Is this the same thing as the writ of mandamus? How would a delay marked “unreasonable” ? I feel like all our delays are all unreasonable   :)

do you have any idea how much would it cost? And after how much in AP should one do this if able?

On 4/6/2018 at 7:03 AM, sandiego2013 said:

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share with you my case updates. Also joining you the patience and the stressful feeling.

My wife and I got married in Feb 2014 in Texas, and we have two girls also, been living together since then.

Our case got transferred to US Embassy in Egypt in Jan 2016, and we got interviewed in the same month, the second interview took a place on Feb 10th 2016. Since then we have been in AP. The last request was from the embassy back to May 2017 and they requested my 10 years travel history which I responded on may 15th.

Every other month we trying to reach the embassy to get an update on our case but the embassy always response with the same generic response. 

Thanks

Good luck with that 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ayman taha said:

Is this the same thing as the writ of mandamus? How would a delay marked “unreasonable” ? I feel like all our delays are all unreasonable   :)

do you have any idea how much would it cost? And after how much in AP should one do this if able?

Writ of mandamus = a lawsuit = legal complaint = litigation.

Unreasonable is usually legally determined by the judge handling the case, that's why a good lawyer will know about the judge handling the case. Some judges dismiss the case saying that it's not the court's jurisdiction to decide to begin with, but that's another story.

Most of our delays ARE unreasonable, will a district court judge see that way though? and according to the current trump delays situation, will it be considered unreasonable?

The cost varies from one lawyer to another, I've seen 5,000~15,000$ .. too expensive for most of us. Perhaps @sandiego2013 can tell us how much it costs.

After how long? You can do it after 1 month of AP, or after many years. It's your choice, nothing limits you. because "unreasonable delay" is an undefined period of time.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

Writ of mandamus = a lawsuit = legal complaint = litigation.

Unreasonable is usually legally determined by the judge handling the case, that's why a good lawyer will know about the judge handling the case. Some judges dismiss the case saying that it's not the court's jurisdiction to decide to begin with, but that's another story.

Most of our delays ARE unreasonable, will a district court judge see that way though? and according to the current trump delays situation, will it be considered unreasonable?

The cost varies from one lawyer to another, I've seen 5,000~15,000$ .. too expensive for most of us. Perhaps @sandiego2013 can tell us how much it costs.

After how long? You can do it after 1 month of AP, or after many years. It's your choice, nothing limits you. because "unreasonable delay" is an undefined period of time.

Thank you very much for all the info

yeah it is very expensive and not guaranteed 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ayman taha said:

Thank you very much for all the info

yeah it is very expensive and not guaranteed 

Actually, it's guaranteed to give you a response: once the judge accepts the complaint, you'll get a response on your case almost immediately, negative or positive. And that's why we file a lawsuit in the first place: to get a response, and know exactly what is the hold up for.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

Actually, it's guaranteed to give you a response: once the judge accepts the complaint, you'll get a response on your case almost immediately, negative or positive. And that's why we file a lawsuit in the first place: to get a response, and know exactly what is the hold up for.

I know it is guaranteed in that sense.

i meant it is not guaranteed for a good result.

I also heard it only forces them to respond with a final decision within 60 days and this national security rule states that they can’t approve if the checks are not over. So the result usually will be denying the case and u ll have to start over

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Ayman taha said:

I know it is guaranteed in that sense.

i meant it is not guaranteed for a good result.

I also heard it only forces them to respond with a final decision within 60 days and this national security rule states that they can’t approve if the checks are not over. So the result usually will be denying the case and u ll have to start over

That's not true.

First, the result being good is a subjective view. I see that either result is good, and this is the objective view.

Second, it doesn't necessarily have to be 60 days, it can be any time frame you would like to give. I say 45 days are as good as any other time frame in certain case where background checks are most likely over or should be over (such as after 1 or 2 years of AP).

Third, just because background checks are not done it doesn't mean they will issue a final decision. A lawsuit usually ends being settled, that means without having to go to court (in which case a final decision MUST be made), but rather they will contact your attorney and ask to drop the case against them, and in turn they will give your case a priority within a time frame that they usually specify. So, an initial final decision, that's a denial, is almost unlikely. Again, unless it goes to court, only then MAYBE it will get approved or denied. And, only then you can actually know if your case is being held up because of background checks or not, to begin with.

Forth, it's highly important to include any federal agency, as the defendant on the case, that is responsible for performing background checks. This will usually cause the checks to be expedited and will save you from being denied based on security checks, because the agencies will quickly work together to finish your case.

Finally, generally speaking, the lawsuit forces the responsible federal agency for the delay to "expedite" its conclusion on a case.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Super Uber

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

That's not true.

First, the result being good is a subjective view. I see that either result is good, and this is the objective view.

Second, it doesn't necessarily have to be 60 days, it can be any time frame you would like to give. I say 45 days are as good as any other time frame in certain case where background checks are most likely over or should be over (such as after 1 or 2 years of AP).

Third, just because background checks are not done it doesn't mean they will issue a final decision. A lawsuit usually ends being settled, that means without having to go to court (in which case a final decision MUST be made), but rather they will contact your attorney and ask to drop the case against them, and in turn they will give your case a priority within a time frame that they usually specify. So, an initial final decision, that's a denial, is almost unlikely. Again, unless it goes to court, only then MAYBE it will get approved or denied. And, only then you can actually know if your case is being held up because of background checks or not, to begin with.

Forth, it's highly important to include any federal agency, as the defendant on the case, that is responsible for performing background checks. This will usually cause the checks to be expedited and will save you from being denied based on security checks, because the agencies will quickly work together to finish your case.

Finally, generally speaking, the lawsuit forces the responsible federal agency for the delay to "expedite" its conclusion on a case.

Hope that helps!

It does much help indeed!! 

I will probably save that to read later shall we consider that option one day 

This is much more than what I have already read about that elsewhere, thanks a lot.   :)

Timeline
17 hours ago, Super Uber said:

That's not true.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for being interactive with my post.

Actually, we are you to sue or file lawsuits against multiple agencies include DHL, DOS, FBI, and ICE.

The cost will vary from a lawsuit to another, also it depends how long it will take it get resolved or closed. However, my lawyer started handling my case since April 2017. I am paying him around 20k just to start the lawsuit and should be filed by July this year at one of the circuit courts in Washington DC where it accepts these types of litigation. If the case somehow went further what we expect, it will cost somewhere around 100k.

My lawyer is dealing with these type of case which %100 of then ended with positive results. He's expert in this area.

Thanks 

Timeline
On 4/7/2018 at 5:27 AM, Super Uber said:

Actually, my lawyer knows where's the case being stuck at. That's why there's no option other than suing the government. we been help for over 4 years since our first 130 took a place.

Sure, i will post you updated on every step on this matter inshaAllah.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

The age difference between me and my wife is 20 years. Is this a reason for rejection?

The consul in the interview did not talk about age ...

After the interview, the consul told me when we call you send your passport
I'm still in AP 7 month next month i will be 8 month 

any one have any news :(:(

Edited by MrAhmed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.