A&Oforever

Delays are not Denials Ghana Embassy

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

We are in this strong and I'm know will win this battle . So hopefully u had been following along with us . 24 female petitioner /28 male beneficiary . No kids no previous marriages . Three trips total ; two since we been dating. Met in 2012 dating since 2014. Make more than enough for the income requirement. We picked up our appointment letter back in March and was given an early appointment of 04/04. I travelled to be in attendance and was not let in. That day they took everything from my fiancé . Payment / police report / medical, etc . When he got called to the window he was told there had been an emergency and he was rescheduled to June 9. For about two days after 04/04 ,everyone doing k-1 it seemed were rescheduled as well. Since that time I added more evidence and rearranged our evidence to make it even better. Adding a whole album of 100 pics of skype and FaceTime chats screenshots , an album of us together touring and chilling in Ghana with friends and family;100 pics , and booklets of call logs 89 pages, iMessage chat, what's up.( mind u I front loaded my petition so they had evidence from that too ) wedding venues inquires which they did not take . Today he went in and was fingerprinted again . And he got KM it seems Who had denied almost everyone before him . He gets in front of her and she tells him to take his oath and asks him Has he travelled and has he applied for a visa before . The basic pre questions. By that time, she had already pulled out a temp denial form that states unable to come to a decision pending ( then what is needed is usually checked boxed below ). She writes a new date on it for July and said it looks like u will have to come back so we can see what we can do( nothing was checked). He thought that was the end of the interview but she proceeds to ask all the questions . Who petitioned for u , how did u all meet , what do I do for a living , more in depth questions about my career . He answered all of them she nodded her head and look at him and was typing on the computer. She asked where I went to school , year I graduated , what are wedding plans are , who will officiate , and then some more questions , what do we have in common, how has our relationship grown, and who do I live with , there she had a problem and said it was unusual that at 24 I still lived with my parent and siblings, weird cuz it's norm for everyone in the US I thought but especially Ghanaians u can live with them until ur married even though u have a career, u just help out ur parents . She asked all the questions in the book . Had we had a knocking ceremony, had we met each other's families , had we exchanged the drink ( Ghana culture a drink is exchange in traditional marriage ) which we haven't done that and he said that would be done as part of our traditional marriage, who was gonna be at our wedding from my side , and how many ppl would be there , had we started marriage counseling , on and on .and my fiancé answers everything , then at the end she says ok well u will need to come back . She gave him his stuff and on the sheet it said [needs oath,fp] like in the middle with an exclamation mark in a triangle. Which with some lovely visa journey friends we have figured to be requirements he will need to do when he comes back which is the oath and fp=fingerprinting( like its a reminder to whoever handles him in July to remember to he needs to oath and fingerprint ). The sheet has slots for things needed but nothing is ticked. Of course nothing is ticked cuz we had everything . Y'all know KM . Let me hear what you all think is going on . I have my theories . I think she doesn't believe I am seriously petitioning for a Ghanaian fiancé . Since I'm first generation Ghanaian ( born and raised in the US to Ghanaian parents) and my age, I don't fit the norm of petitioners, so I don't even know and I work as an investigator so she knows I wouldn't commit fraud myself lol I stand for integrity . Who knows. the guards at the embassy who know us since I made friends that day I was stuck outside in April, all said it's very hopeful and we should pray . Km would have not hesitated to deny us so she has her personal doubts but has nothing on it so next time will be a new interview and my fiancé must say the same things and not have any discrepancies.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Meanwhile they backlog themselves with multiple interviews and beneficiaries can't get an interview for months and months.
What is the freaking point of several interviews and to keep coming back when everything was answered.
Ghana has lost it's mind is all that I can think of, especially KM.

Sounds like he did well and I wish you the best for a speedy approval.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I haven't quite put my finger on it as to km, my husband answered everything she gave him a sheet saying she wanted to see proof that we started chatting in 2011 so I printed those chats and express mailed them his appt was June 2013 he brought the info back July 2013, so they schedule him to come back August 2013, when he came they said come back September, so this is when I went to the embassy from advice of my lawyer and they didn't wanna talk to me I honestly think they were gonna keep making him come back and fourth until they finally felt like giving him the visa or hope he gives up, this is one of the games they like to play there ?, hope your outcome is good

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I haven't quite put my finger on it as to km, my husband answered everything she gave him a sheet saying she wanted to see proof that we started chatting in 2011 so I printed those chats and express mailed them his appt was June 2013 he brought the info back July 2013, so they schedule him to come back August 2013, when he came they said come back September, so this is when I went to the embassy from advice of my lawyer and they didn't wanna talk to me I honestly think they were gonna keep making him come back and fourth until they finally felt like giving him the visa or hope he gives up, this is one of the games they like to play there ?, hope your outcome is good

I almost just feel like I should push hell now by getting my congressman involved to inquire what the hold up is because . At this point I feel I have nothing to loose . That could make it worst but they are use to ppl watching them play with them and then pushing after a denial. I know now she has nothing on us. Also why won't she just deny then like all the others she does so easily without cause . It doesn't make sense . Everything is in order she should just give us the visa come'on.

Timeline

I hope that great news..

When fiance (now husband) had his interview, CO was nice to him and seemed pleased with his answers ,according to him. And he said, the CO made a comment that my fiance need to bring a joint sponsor for next interview since looks like i recently started making above the minimum required under the poverty guidelines (due to school) . We sent it and another CO was there to deny him crashing our hopes.

Others have had similar experience but turned out good news in the end.

Keep hoping, it could be good news.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Until you have visa in passport and in your hand, nothing is predictable at the Ghana embassy. I understand most people have screwed it up for people like us but one thing I believe is, if your portion is included you will get it by any means and anyways necessary. God be with us all. Praying for a positive outcome for you OP.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our first CR 1 interviewed was about to be approved as i had the 25 pound RFE and another CO walked in and shook his head NO to the Co asking questions

i had to appeal, won, reapply (dont do an appeal, wastes time and money and K1 are not appealable anyway)

2nd CR 1 interview same proof, approved

WHY?

Just to get more application money and make us try to quit????

Don't give up girl

you can make it / took us 6 years but we did it

Timeline

Until you have visa in passport and in your hand, nothing is predictable at the Ghana embassy. I understand most people have screwed it up for people like us but one thing I believe is, if your portion is included you will get it by any means and anyways necessary. God be with us all. Praying for a positive outcome for you OP. Does almighty KM doe only K1 or both K1 and CR/IR?

Timeline

Hi

How can I posted a topic on here, so people can respond to my post

Go to home and click start a topic that way people can see a new question posted and help you. I'm not too good on here but I guess I'm right

Timeline

I went to home page, once I clicked on it, it came up as new forum, new content, and my content. I clicked on each of these topics and it didn't say that my topic will be posted on the ghana portal

Timeline

I went to home page, once I clicked on it, it came up as new forum, new content, and my content. I clicked on each of these topics and it didn't say that my topic will be posted on the ghana portal

Did you figure it out?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone, first time here, needing a little advice. Me and my (now husband) met in 2012, I traveled to Ghana and we got married in 2013 (April), first interview was in November 2014, eventually we got denied and our case was sent back to the USA. I immediately flew to Africa so I could speak with the Consular (epic fail), anyways our case was denied and The reason they gave was, 1. We couldn't provide a phone log for 2012 (my carrier had terminated my account history when I switched carriers), 2' my husband answered the questions to perfectly they said they felt as though he memorized the answers, smh. And 3.he told them I had 3 kids (which I do), but only 2 is on my tax return (my mom files one of my kids). Anyways our case was sent back, we waited six months to get the NOIR notification, I hired an immigration attorney, and reached out to my congressman. We answered all the points of our denial, we had documentation to back up EVERYTHING, we provided over thousands of fb chats, what's app, Skype, telephone log, postal mail, emails, money gram receipts, gifts, pictures, letters, notarized letters from both family and friends, airline tickets, now immigration attorney fees, congressman emails, our perception was reaffirmed December 2015 and our case was sent back to Africa. New interview date was May 4th 2016, I flew to Africa for a third time, this time I even brought all three of my kids (adults), the embassy would not let us in at the interview, they did not ask my husband any questions, they just put him on AP Status saying that since we provided so much evidence and documentation that it's gonna take them time to review it all. And that they will Call my husband once they are done. Here it is going on 2 months and we still havnt heard anything :( :(

Timeline

Oh by the way I check the CEA status page and it says "ready" with a message saying something about once an interview day is available they would contact my husband, our interview was May 4th and here it is almost July and we still havnt heard anything... Smh super frustrated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.