Lavender7

Who can request an expedite for IR-1/CR-1

57 posts in this topic

Expedite Criteria

USCIS review​s​ all​ expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and requests are granted at the discretion of the office leadership.​ The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the e​xpedite criteria have been met.​​

​USCIS may expedite a​ petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:​

Severe financial loss to company or ​person​;​

Emergency situation;​

Humanitarian reasons;​

Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States​;​

Department of Defense or ​n​ational ​i​nterest ​s​ituation;​

USCIS error; or​

Compelling interest of USCIS.​

For more, see our Policy Manual.

Above from uscis web site

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Anyone may request an expedite, but as mentioned above it will only be granted if you can prove that you are in an exceptional circumstance. Severe financial hardship or medical circumstances (only applies to the USC, not the foreign beneficiary) are typical reasons I've seen on this website.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: Timeline

Anyone may request an expedite, but as mentioned above it will only be granted if you can prove that you are in an exceptional circumstance. Severe financial hardship or medical circumstances (only applies to the USC, not the foreign beneficiary) are typical reasons I've seen on this website.

My husband lives with me in my country for 2 years now, would that somehow qualify for expedite?

Timeline

My husband lives with me in my country for 2 years now, would that somehow qualify for expedite?

No, that is very common and definetively not grounds for an expedite.

However, if your country has a US field office, you may qualify to file your application directly to the embassy (this is called direct concular filing (DCF)). That usually shaves off quite a few months of processing time. So, where are you from?

K1 process

AOS process:

ROC process:

No, that is very common and definetively not grounds for an expedite.

However, if your country has a US field office, you may qualify to file your application directly to the embassy (this is called direct concular filing (DCF)). That usually shaves off quite a few months of processing time. So, where are you from?

I'm from Georgia and no, sadly I can't use DCF :(

Your husband lives with you? Why would that be a severe hardship? I've been married to my husband almost two years and NEVER been able to live with him yet. Your situation is considerably better than mine and thousands of others who are separated by thousands of miles for a long period of time.

I personally know a family where the case was expedited. The USC was the father and was due to have a liver transplant. The case was expedited so that the child could come to the USA quickly as there was a strong chance the father was going to die.

:) First of all, I didn't state that it IS severe hardship right away. I simply am trying to find out how it exactly works. I asked if somehow we could qualify because I know people here who still got it, without having any of those reasons listed above. I don't think it's a crime to wonder about it :) And I'm sorry about your situation. Yes, good for me that my husband and I live together I'M EXTREMELY LUCKY and I know it ;) But it IS still a hardship because we are both unemployed here , he absolutely hates it here and is extremely homesick and pretty much can't communicate with anybody but me. Because of a language barrier etc. His father just had an open heart surgery and is still in a bad state. His grandmother is about to pass away so yeah.. He can't be here for much longer but at the same time we can't afford being apart for a multiple number of reasons. But I get it. We still don't qualify:) Oh well.

Edited by Lavender7

Timeline

:) First of all, I didn't state that it is severe hardship right away. I simply am trying to find out how it exactly works. I asked if somehow we could qualify because I know people here who still got it, without having any of those reasons listed above. I don't think it's a crime to wonder about it :) And I'm sorry about your situation. Yes, good for me that my husband and I live together I'M EXTREMELY LUCKY and I know it ;) But it IS still a hardship because we are both unemployed here , he absolutely hates it here and is extremely homesick and pretty much can't communicate with anybody but me. Because of a language barrier etc. His father just had an open heart surgery and is still in a bad state. His grandmother is about to pass away so yeah.. He can't be here for much longer but at the same time we can't afford being apart for a multiple number of reasons. But I get it. We still don't qualify:) Oh well.

Why can't your husband afford to return to the US without you? If the reason(s) for that is good enough, you might just qualify....

K1 process

AOS process:

ROC process:

He could begin the process while your together or u not sure whis the USC and then do all the needed processes if you or he is unemployed the USC needs a joint sponsor.

You will also need they money to file and for all the visa fees and fees for all the requierements...

Thats what i would do.

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Why can't your husband afford to return to the US without you? If the reason(s) for that is good enough, you might just qualify....

At this time he can't afford a 1000$ ticket to go across the world just to stay there for a couple weeks. We need all the financial resources we have to afford petition and other expenses. We haven't been apart from the first day we met so staying away from each other for longer then a month is out of the question. We are planning on doing everything together. So we will just go ahead and follow the process and see how long it takes.

He could begin the process while your together or u not sure whis the USC and then do all the needed processes if you or he is unemployed the USC needs a joint sponsor.

You will also need they money to file and for all the visa fees and fees for all the requierements...

Thats what i would do.

We are beginning process this October. We will have his parents as joint sponsors. I know it will all cost around 2000$

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Expedite Criteria

USCIS review​s​ all​ expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and requests are granted at the discretion of the office leadership.​ The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the e​xpedite criteria have been met.​​

​USCIS may expedite a​ petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:​

Severe financial loss to company or ​person​;​

Emergency situation;​

Humanitarian reasons;​

Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States​;​

Department of Defense or ​n​ational ​i​nterest ​s​ituation;​

USCIS error; or​

Compelling interest of USCIS.​

For more, see our Policy Manual.

Above from uscis web site

Hummmm interesting...

USCIS refused my I-212 twice and by the end of the story it finished exactly where it was refused twice, after fly around US for almost 6 months... Now, my interview is next week and I still have no answer because of this delay that they made... Just after I involved my Senator that I could make them accept it...

Maybe it´s time to try... I have nothing to loose, I´m not going to receive my visa by the interview at all... :(

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

I would go the fiancee route you have plenty of evidence due to living together gather it all....and file :yes:

Is it ok to file while he lives out on the US?? I dont know???

Ladies?? :huh2:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Timeline

At this time he can't afford a 1000$ ticket to go across the world just to stay there for a couple weeks. We need all the financial resources we have to afford petition and other expenses. We haven't been apart from the first day we met so staying away from each other for longer then a month is out of the question. We are planning on doing everything together. So we will just go ahead and follow the process and see how long it takes.

Unfortunately, most people on this forum find themselves in a situation where they have to spend significant amounts of time apart from their loved ones. That is part of the process for most of us. I hope you will find a way to avoid that.

Have you thought about who will sponsor you and how your husband will prove maintaned US domicile or intend to re-establish domicile? It seems these might be your key obstacles, apart from the long wait.

I would go the fiancee route you have plenty of evidence due to living together gather it all....and file :yes:

Is it ok to file while he lives out on the US?? I dont know???

Ladies?? :huh2:

They are already married though.

K1 process

AOS process:

ROC process:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.