BlArn

K1 June 2016 Filers

1,983 posts in this topic

hello guys, do you have issues to track your case on NVC today ? it was showing in transit (since Friday actually) and now it says application error :oops:

Yes I am having the same error while looking at mine too. It must be a system update or something

I-129F sent- June 15

Lockbox received- June 16

Noa1- June 20

RFE- August 23

NOA2- September 1

NVC received- September 13

Case #- September 13

interview- October 31

POE- November 13

Married- November 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations

He is saying that there is not an area to uplode. Is it on the last page where you submit?

After you select the country and enter the code there is "TEST PHOTO", you click that and jus follow the instruction. You will able to upload your required photo.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

Can any one help with some advice. Can a co sponsor be someone who is retired like my fiances parents.

I'm still waiting for my noa2 which tomorrow will hit the 90 day mark.

Thanks in advance

Hello just a quick question. Is a most u go to the interview with your noa1 and noa2.

You need neither, that is part of the USCIS process, the Embassy will inform you what you need to bring or you can look online for your specific embassies requirements

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello just a quick question. Is a most u go to the interview with your noa1 and noa2.

not really but def something to have just incase

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

This means that he needs to upload into his DS-160 the exact same photo that he will bring to the interview. He needs to bring I think two photos of specific form (5cmx5cm white background, but mosto photo places know what the pictures need to look like when you tell them it's for American visa) with all the other documents to the actual interview. This is the picture that will be on his visa and on his file, I believe it can't be older than 6 months. That photo he needs to scan and upload to his DS-160.

JJ and JJ - I suggest waiting for that packet 3 and if it arrives right around the time of your business trip, wait until you come home to send it back. If you are sure they will schedule your interview in that short time frame. As for the In Transit message, I assume it will only update tomorrow. My package arrived on Friday and only updated the status on CEAC today.

Thanks u so much lily ;)

I would recommand to have a copy of noa2 it doesnt hurt ;) but definitely depends on embassy ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

answering questions helps pass the time ;)

Hi Randy,

I just received my NVC number via phone call, and they said my case was sent to manila 2 weeks ago. What should I be doing now that I have my NVC case number?

Sorry for the stupid question. Thank you!!

Hi Randy,

I just received my NVC number via phone call, and they said my case was sent to manila 2 weeks ago. What should I be doing now that I have my NVC case number?

Sorry for the stupid question. Thank you!!

Not stupid at all. You need to schedule her interview and pre-register for medical. To schedule the interview you need to have her pay the $265 at BPI and get a receipt number, you need to print out a deposit slip and she needs to present her passport. In about 4 hours the embassy has received receipt. You also need to fill out the ds-160 online. After the dis-160 is filled out go to ustraveldocs.com and fill out the interview request. Once you have that go to SLEC.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml and pre register for medical you need to pay attention at each site for requirements, make sure you have at least a week between medical and interview, if she has kids, repeat the process for each

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Okay so now that we've been approved, what steps can I start taking to get a head start on things? I know my fiancé will get a letter in the post very soon outlining what to do next, but I thought I'd ask here too.

Can I begin completing the DS-160 form online, or do I need to wait?

Can I schedule my medical?

How do you guys see that your case is "in transit" to the NVC and your home embassy? Will we still get updates from USCIS or is that part done with?

Is the packet 3 sent from the beneficiarys embassy through email or a hard copy? I moved address here in Ireland and I don't want my packet 3 and 4 going to my old address? When should I contact the Dublin embassy informing them that I have moved address?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, even a few answers would be helpful. Thanks ?

Edited by BigIrishGinger

At this stage it's very embassy specific, are there Irish members you know that have been through the process?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.