jerrianne

Lacking Evidence Asked in RFE - what to do (Split Post)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got RFE too requesting copies of joint bank statement that reflect joint savings and or checking account to include the transaction pages. Copies of mortgage agreement, deeds or other instrument affecting the title to real estate that demonstrate joint ownership of assets or property. Copies of insurance policies such as life insurance, rental/home insurance, vehicle insurance, etc. Copies of credit card statement, copies of loan documents such as car loans, home improvement loans, business loans, etc. Copies of utility bills such as telephone, gas, electric, water, cable, internet, etc. Or other statement issued in both names indicating the residential address. Copies of do firm 1172 for dependent military dependent cards. My problem is I dont have all these, everything is under my husband name. He added me to his checking account when I started working 2 years ago and my pay check deposited directly to his account until end of month last year. My husband managed all the finances, pays everything our bills, food, gas and other expenses. I have a card but I seldom use it to avoid argument. All assets and property under his name. Also, I don't drive. I don't know what to do now. Pls help

Calm down. For each pointed type of proof give or SOMETHING they ask or place explanation.

1.I am providing this

2.I can't provide this because like my husband owned the house far before me and that;s why all bills on his name.

You added to account, so go to bank and get copy from them stamped by bank worker with signature for more solid proof.

You had paychecks going to the same account-it will be visible in statements-iit's very good proof, Print as much as possible.

For DL explain that you are not the driver and relay on your husband-this could be good proof of your bond with him too.

Anything else, like fresh letters to your name to same address. Even worse come worse ask neighbors to write some words as proof they see you living together.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

If you haven't done so already, consider crafting wills, medical powers of attorney, and similar documents. These make excellent evidence for ROC, and they're even more crucial to have in "life."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

In the USA, it is somewhat unusual not to co-mingle finances. That doesn't mean everything has to be equal, but usually the spouse has access to accounts/ is authorised on bills etc. That is why financial co-mingling is a big deal for ROC. Explain in a cover letter why you are not doing this, and list what you do have.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.