Marrienne

Embassy send me this - Should I worry?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi guys. So we finally got our appointment scheduled but got no info from the Embassy. So we mailed them to ask if they need something (namely: photographs, relationship proof etc).

Note they already have everything and the kitchen sink paperwise *including the originals* of everything.

This is the email we got back:

Dear Mr. Xxxx,

We would like to inform you that your file contains all the supporting documents you provided. The case file will be review on the day of the scheduled appointment, if the Consular Officer requires additional documents your wife will be informed.

Uhm... what does that mean????

I thought they asked for everything in advance so that they could check everything out in advance. What do they mean they will look at the file on the day???

Is this a trick?

What SHOULD I bring guys???

Help

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

Final review will happen at the interview. Why on earth are you emailing them when you have an interview scheduled? You are just making life tougher for yourself. Bring originals of everything you sent, plus relationship proof, plus intent to reestablish domicile and stop mailing them :)

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Its pretty clear what the answer is they said they will review at interview they have all you provided and any additional documents will be requested at the interview...if needed...

Why are you confused :huh2:

Why are you making a headache for yourself :huh2:

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

Hey guys,

I have no originals of anything because they asked for them and have them already :)

(Plus x2 copies of everything)

I mailed them because they didn't send us ANY instructions at all about the interview. Not even how much earlier we should arrive or what to bring with us.

So I should bring photographs? They said they have everything they need.

The domicile too. They requested EVERYTHING in advance.

They told my husband not to attend.

I do not want for them to ask for something I don't want have withbme except they have the originals and all the copies!!

I thought our paperwork was checked over before they scheduled? :(

So we can be denied??

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)

29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Calm down and listen to what the other posters have told you. You're overthinking this. They have everything they need for your interview. Everyone has a final review at the interview. Basically, bring a copy of everything you submitted plus any current evidence of your relationship that you did not submit. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Do yourself a favor and relax and don't email them anymore like someone suggested.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They already have the originals as you submitted. You do not need to bring anything else but maybe the photocopies of what you have already sent.

As the other members suggested, do not overthink as it will only add to confusion.

Rejection or approval depends on how you answer the questions at the time of interview. They may also return the originals to you after interview because they returned mine to me, except your passport of course. They keep the passport to affix visa on it.

Relax and prepare for your interview, do not mail them anymore.

All the best.

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Its best they review infront of you and not form ideas prior to meeting you. If they reviewed everyone at embassy i can imagine the delay. They review at USCIS if anything would have been missing an RFE would have been sent.

They can deny you it all depends on how honest you are at your interview and what evidence you sent in. Only the day of the interview you will know yey or ney....

Take all foreign documents in english take your copies if you need afidavit of support take that take pictures of any new trips after submitting your package.

And RELAX :no: go into this this is a test to your relationship if you studied you will pass

???????????????????????????

Sending luck your way relaxxxx woman :thumbs:

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

If they already have the originals then all is well.

The person that emailed you is NOT QUALIFIED to say that you will be approved or whatever. The Consular officer at your interview will make that decision. It seems that they tried their best to make sure that the CO can approve you at the interview. But you still could get an RFE. Nothing is guaranteed until the visa is in your hand.

But, I wouldn't dwell on that. You did your part and provided them with the stuff. Now just wait for the interview. Bring copies of the stuff you sent; general good bookkeeping advice.

But I bet you'll tell me you don't want to... :(

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

But I bet you'll tell me you don't want to... :(

Lol, the whole shebang with the I-864A had nothing to do with me but with our joint sponsor :)

Of course I will bring copies of everything I sent. Only thing I didn't keep were the i-864s because they wanted originals and the supporting evidence was like 100 pages per person! Yikes!

But I do have the 1044s and whatever scanned so I will bring these.

So we have a YES on family photos?? Do I need MORE passport size photos of us? (they already have two per person from our applications). They have not specified at all if they need them.

I have nothing to worry about when it comes to any questions they might ask me. I've known my husband since 2011 and we have been living together for 3 years now. That part I am not worried about :) They can ask away lol.

I know there are NO guarantees guys. We've had so many RFEs, I just don't want another one!! :) (well, to the extent it is in my hands).

Thank you SO much guys. I KNOW I am an over-preparer/worrier and when you read a forum and keep reading this again and again, yes it gets tiring, but you are HELPING me SO much. Thank you once again for your patience and your knowledge!!!!!!

After Arrival in the US

event.png

event.png

Bring 5 family photos and you do not need more passport photos, as they have them. Good luck.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

THANK YOU!!!! :) :)
Of course I will update you guys once it is done!

After Arrival in the US

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It is normal for them to review it then for DCF and to require little to no evidence. No need to worry, try and relax before the interview. :)

Bring whatever you want in addition for additional information. Ours was never even looked at.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.