12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm a bit confused and though someone might be able to help me.

My wife's petition is CC at NVC and we are waiting for an appointment to be scheduled. I went online to USTRAVELdocs.com from a link on the US Embassy Manila website to register my wife's address for delivery of her visa after the interview. After I filled in her info it directed me to schedule an appointment..... I'm confused?? I thought the NVC will do that?!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I am so glad that you asked this - I am seeing conflicting information EVERYWHERE about how the appointment is actually scheduled - no matter what type of visa it is. I am anxious to see what replies you get - wishing you the best of luck!

Wouldn't they ASSIGN an interview date? For the Philippines you go online to assign your own medical appointment.

But if this is new then I'm all for it!!!

Edited by FxL

IR1/CR1 the NVC normally schedules the interview for you. After the interview is assigned you check you CEAC status. When it says "ready" you can register the appointment to get the passport back.

K1 normally schedule their own interviews.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

IR1/CR1 the NVC normally schedules the interview for you. After the interview is assigned you check you CEAC status. When it says "ready" you can register the appointment to get the passport back.

K1 normally schedule their own interviews.

I'm still confused. I already registered her address and info for receiving her passport/visa back after the interview (you don't need to wait to do that), but it is directing me to schedule her interview date??.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We got this letter 2 weeks before CEAC changed to "Ready"....Hope it helps :)

May 13, 2016

Dear XXXXXXXXX

The National Visa Center (NVC) completed the domestic pre-processing of the immigrant visa petition

KEVXXXXXXXXXfiled by XXXXXXXXXXX on behalf of XXXXXXXXX

The NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in KYIV, UKRAINE for a visa

interview. This letter serves as formal notification of the visa interview. SAVE this letter and present it to

the U.S. Embassy or Consulate guard/receptionist at the time of the interview.

================================================================================

Interview Date and Time

================================================================================

An immigrant visa interview is scheduled for XXXXXXXXXand any eligible derivative

applicants (see applicants eligible to attend the interview below) at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in

KYIV, UKRAINE on June 17, 2016 at 09:30 am.

Applicants Eligible to Attend the Interview

Name Date of Birth Place of Birth

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXUKRAINE

Family Reunification Parole (FRP) Program Interviews

If your visa symbol is CP1 or HP1, your petition is processing under the Family Reunification Parole

(FRP) Program. If you are processing as part of this program, you may need to supply additional

documents during your interview. Go to the Required Visa Interview Documents and Document Status

Code Definitions section of this letter and:

View code V for Cuba. View code Q for Haiti.

KEVXXXXXXXXXXX - CR1 - CONDITIONAL SPOUSE OF U.S. CITIZEN

U.S. Embassy or Consulate Address and Contact Information

To obtain the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in KYIV's address and contact information, visit

usembassy.gov and select UKRAINE: KYIV from the list of websites. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate

in KYIV's website will include its street address and contact information.

How to Prepare for the Visa Interview

Upon receiving this letter, all eligible applicants must prepare for a visa interview by visiting our website

nvc.state.gov/interview and complete the following six steps before the interview date:

1. Carefully review this entire appointment letter

2. Review the U.S. Embassy or Consulate interview instructions

3. Schedule and complete a medical examination

4. Gather all remaining required documents

5. Review important interview preparation notices

6. Review additional information on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate's website

*** IMPORTANT *** Interview Reminders

? Applicants may need to bring an additional police certificate to the interview. If the following

three items are all true, the applicant needs to bring an updated police certificate to the interview:

? He or she is more than 16 years old;

? He or she obtained a police certificate more than one year ago; and

? He or she still lives in the country that issued the police certificate.

? Bring this interview letter to the medical exam. Bring this letter to the medical examination

because the panel physician may need to review it before performing the examination.

? Bring updated Federal income tax information to the interview. If a sponsor filed an I-864

(Affidavit of Support) and provided the NVC with proof of an IRS Federal income tax extension in

lieu of a Federal income tax return, bring the sponsor's most recent Federal income tax return to the

visa interview.

? Petitioners are not required to attend the applicant's immigrant visa interview. Facility size

and/or security concerns may limit who may accompany a visa applicant during his or her visit to the

U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Please visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate's webpage for more

information at usembassy.gov.

KEVXXXXXXXXXX - CR1 - CONDITIONAL SPOUSE OF U.S. CITIZEN

What to do if the Applicant Cannot Go to the Interview

To reschedule an interview, visit our website nvc.state.gov and review the specific Interview Guidelines

for the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in KYIV. If the embassy or consulate does not have any specific

rescheduling guidelines listed, contact the embassy or consulate directly (see U.S. Embassy or Consulate

Address and Contact Information above) to reschedule the applicant's interview.

Required Visa Interview Documents and Document Status Code Definitions

While the applicant was processing at the National Visa Center, we asked him or her to submit certain

forms and documents. On the following pages, we indicate the status of each of these forms and

documents and any action the applicant needs to take to prepare them for the interview. Please refer to

the document status code definitions below to determine what action to take for each item.

Document Status Code Definitions:

2 The NVC did not receive this document. Go to nvc.state.gov/documents for a list of required

documents. You must present the original document at the time of your interview.

A Obtain this document and present it at your interview

C You must bring this entire interview letter to your interview

D The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

F The NVC did not request this form or document

G You withdrew your I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, with USCIS

H You must obtain two passport photographs of yourself and present them at your interview

I This form is incomplete. You must present a completed form at your interview.

J The NVC only received a photocopy of the document. You must present the original document

at the time of your interview.

O The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

P You must request this police certificate from the issuing authority. After you submit your

request, the issuing authority will send the certificate directly to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

for your interview.

Q View this website:

www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/haiti-port-au-prince-office-field-office

R You submitted the Immigrant Visa Application online

S The NVC only received a scanned document. You must present the original document at the time

of your interview.

T You must present an English translation of this document at the time of your interview.

U You indicated this document was unavailable. The consular officer will decide whether to waive

the requirement for this document at your interview.

V View the website at havana.usint.gov/cfrp.html for English or

spanish.havana.usint.gov/cfrp.html for Spanish and follow the instructions.

X This document is unobtainable.

Y The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

$ Payment received.

+ The NVC returned this document to you per your request. Present this document at your

interview.

CR-1 Visa

USCIS

7/27/15 Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lock box

7/29/15 NOA1, TSC

10/7/15 Entered USA for three weeks to close escrow and pack house

12/5/15 Entered USA for 90 days to visit

12/7/15 I-130 approved,NOA2

NVC

12/23/15 NVC received package

1/5/2016 Called NVC

1/7/2016 Called NVC, assigned case # and IIN #

1/7/2016 Assigned choice of agent

1/7/2016 Paid AOS fees

1/21/2016 Paid packet IV fees

2/20/2016 Filed DS-260

3/30/2016 Sent NVC package

4/5/2016 NVC received package

5/5/2016 Email from NVC...case complete with interview date 6/17

6/10/2016 Medical

6/17/2016 Interview - Approved :)

I'm still confused. I already registered her address and info for receiving her passport/visa back after the interview (you don't need to wait to do that), but it is directing me to schedule her interview date??.....

Are you sure you're in the right part of the website? Have you tried inputting her interview date as scheduled?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Depends on the embassy

check online at the US embassy in your country for information

NVC use to schedule them as they did our first one in 2009 but this last one the embassy scheduled

Manila is, i believe, backlogged, and your wait may be long but this it is up to beneficiary to schedule

remember when scheduling that the visa is good for only 6 months from date of medical exam so schedule according to that being done

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Speaking as a CR1/IR1 filer from last year, and someone who went thru the Bogota embassy, we had to wait til NVC scheduled the interview. I do understand the confusion as I can recall having the same issue come up when registering the address to receive the visa.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Thank you for all the replies. It just seems confusing at times between websites.... I guess I will just wait on the NVC for our interview date.

I chose the date for my interview. But I did DCF so it may be different. I just wonder if.. with DCF you have the freedom to pick your own date for interview.. or it's a thing in US embassy Manila that they let you schedule your own interview. I don't mean to cause any further confusion and maybe my situation doesn't apply here coz I did CR1 via DCF.

Maybe you can contact the embassy to clarify?

(L) TEAM AWESOME (L)
CR1 Visa Journey via DCF (US Embassy Manila)

Apr 15, 2016 - Filed petition I-130 at USEM
Apr 22, 2016 - Petition Approved/Received NOA
May 2, 2016 - Received MNL Case Number, filed DS260
May 3, 2016 -   SLEC (Day1)
May 5, 2016 -   CFO Seminar
May 11, 2016 - SLEC (Day2) + release of med records
May 12, 2016 - Received email with instructions re: IV
May 23, 2016 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED!!!
Jun 7, 2016 -   Visa home delivered by 2GO
Jun 8, 2016 -   CFO sticker and registration
Jun 13, 2016 - POE at Chicago O'Hare

Jun 20, 2016 - Social Security home delivered
July 25, 2016 - Green Card home delivered

Apr 19, 2018 -  Petition I-751 sent to USCIS California Service Center

May 30, 2018 - NOA received

Mar 15, 2019 - Biometrics appointment for I-751

Mar 20, 2019 -  Petition I-751 approved

Mar 27, 2019 -  10-year Green Card received in mail

Sep 24, 2020 -  N400 application sent online; biometrics reused (no addt'l appt)

Jan 14, 2021 -  N400 interview/test scheduled - APPROVED

Jan 19, 2021 -  Oath-taking ceremony!

:dance: For a more detailed step-by-step walk-through with photos of requirements, you can check my blog entry :dance:

CR1 Visa Process via DCF

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.