GaryC

Should I have said something?

27 posts in this topic

I guess I should have said something. But the store was very crowded and I really hate sticking my nose into other peoples business. My fear was that I would have been wrong and made a fool of myself but in hindsight I really should have at least made an attempt.

Yeah... in hindsight, I'd guess that saying something would have been best. But sometimes we're so surprised by moments like that that we just don't move fast enough. Next time you see an old man sending thousands off to Kenya, you'll be ready!

What surprises me is that the Western Union employee didn't say something - you'd think they would be pretty alert to that kind of scam.

9-12/2004 - met and fell in love in Bulgaria

2004 - 2006 - travel, travel, travel...

11/2006 - moved to Bulgaria

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

DCF for CR-1 Visa BEGINS:

5/16/2007 - I-130 filed at Sofia, Bulgaria embassy

I would have said something and would expect the old man to tell me to mind my own business. I don't expect to get a good reaction on the few occasions I stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but later on I tell myself that I'm doing it for ME, not for them.

There was an incident in the past where I didn't say a thing when I knew something was off, to this date I still feel guilty about it. So to save myself from that, I make sure I say something even if it's unwelcome.

*** My Mom's N-400 Journey ***

05/09/2015 - Mailed N-400 application packet to the Phoenix, AZ lockbox

05/11/2015 - Delivered per USPS tracking

05/14/2015 - Check cashed

05/19/2015 - Received NOA

06/02/2015 - Biometrics Appointment

06/04/2015 - In line

08/06/2015 - Interview scheduled per USCIS website

09/11/2015 - Interview - PASSED!

09/18/2015 - Received oath letter

09/22/2015 - Oath Ceremony

I just mind my own business i wish other people in general would to the same espically in a work place lol.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I did interfere with someone caught in one of these scams, I did it by contacting New Scotland Yard as the guy in America was about to transfer money to a fake bank in London. New Scotland Yard detectives contacted the guy, told him that if he sent the money he would be breaking Federal Law as he was providing funds for organised crime. (according to the detective I spoke with this is correct)

The outcome was a nice guy, a friend of a friend of mine saw saved from losing over $25 000 but he has refused to speak to his friend ever since, and thinks I'm an evil interfering b*tch.

I would still do the same again.

You can only do what you believe to be best at the time, if you think differently later then resolve to act differently if you find yourself in the same situation.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

me, i'd have said something. lots of something about these scams.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it, but it would have been good to say something. If it turns out the guy has a friend in Kenya, he'll think you're an ###, but who cares what he thinks?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

A co-worker (no dummy) told me he was going to be the software distributor for an Eastern European company. He received the offer through an e-mail and our business is not software. I warned him about the potential scam and he didn't seem too worried. I told him not to send any money. We'll see.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well we're beating a dead horse cause it's done but guess it depends on your personality...I offer my opinion if I think it's warranted and if they say "away from me fool!!!!" so be it. Did this a couple weeks ago...Car dealer long ago ripped off my wife before I moved down...I saw a tow truck triple AAA dropping a car in scumbag's parking lot..I stopped...told them Kik's trouble with them..they listened...and wanted it taken to another drop zone. Felt good..LOL

Dont beat yourself up..its done..next time offer yer 2 cents..If they take it great..if they don't walk

awaymuttering "ya cant fix stupid" and that's that. Did yer best.

Have a good day folks..and hope yer feeling better today Kik.. since O was born 7 months ago should we remove the ticker below?? Or is there something you want to tell me? heh

Best,

Kev

Edited by KevandKiki2

Maybe you'll know when you've seen it

Maybe if you say it you'll mean it

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
What surprises me is that the Western Union employee didn't say something - you'd think they would be pretty alert to that kind of scam.

Ultimately they should be the ones to say something. It should be a common question. It's very hard to send money to some countries anyways. You have to prove some sort of connection to them, etc. normally. I know it's that way for Egypt. Hopefully Western Union is doing its job and heading these things off before they are wired.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I worked in a Best Buy store once before and I caught a credit card scammer. He was an immigrant from Nigeria.

A few months ago, there was an ABC News Report Special on TV in regards to the Nigerian government not enforcing scam laws. And, also a majority of bank and credit card scam originated from Nigeria. Identity theft seem to be common within the Nigerian black market as well.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg