debeers

Filing for divorce ROC almost due to file

5 posts in this topic

Parson me for this post as I am still in shock. I got married to my husband almost 2 yrs ago, same race, I got my aos done and we were quite living happily, the thing is, when I am busy and he gets a lot of free time, he resorts to texting and calling women. I found it out thru our att account middle of last year. Last quarter of the year, my mom suddenly passed away so i had to go back to my country, spent some 4 months in there to settle my mom's properties and my kids whom I haven't petitioned yet. I got back here last month and I did notice that something changed. Like I can feel he is bored when he's with me, that we have dinner and not talking, so i would turn on some music just to kill the dead air. We still get intimate but I can feel that the fire is out, he is always on his phone even in the middle of the night, this was what prompted me before to check to he talks to or texts with last year and we had the confrontation. I accidentally read his email notification about a message from a certain woman at an online dating website. I kept it to myself, after all that email was when I was in my country. But these past few days it was way worse. I noticed that when I am about to get off work, he would text me and tell me he's going to the gym and would spend 3-4 hrs gone. And he takes with him my membership id. So tonight I can't contain it anymore, i was very upset and I told him I want to talk about his account in a dating website, he locked himself in the other room and sent me texts, that it was all my fault, since I was gone for too long and he needed to talk to me but I wasn't here. I just lost my mom!, my bestfriend what soes he want me to do... And he added at the end of his text that I should file for divorce. I don't know what to do.. Its so painful..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

HI

I'm sorry for what you are going through, you will have to divorce and move on

you can remove conditions on your own to get the 10 year GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Sorry to hear. You don't have to put up with his infidelity. You can ROC on your own. Until you become a citizen he's on the hook for any benefits you receive from the feds. Just make sure you have enough evidence. Look up ROC evidence on the site.

Hope you feel better soon.

I am so sorry. You should file for divorce, if you file vs him filing you have the upper hand.

Collect all your joint evidence for ROC. You dont have to have the divorce completed to start the process.

Get some counseling too. You've had a really rough go recently and could probably use a good ear to listen and help you. *big hugs* I would also go get tested for STIs because you dont know if he was using condoms and they dont protect 100% agasint everything either.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

OK try to calm down; you can file for Removal of Conditions on your own. You'll need to start gathering copies of your paperwork (financial co-mingling, copies of leases, bank accounts, tax returns), because you'll need these to show your marriage was made with all expectations that it would succeed.

It's best to start gathering paperwork as soon as you can, because often in divorce proceedings people can get even more upset and uncooperative.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.