waiting4ever

People having problems with USCIS not sending I-130 NOA1

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have recently read many posts where people are complaining about the fact they haven't received there NOA1 for I-130. This is a crucial notice since it is required to file for I-129F. I myself sent in my I-130 in the beginning of February and it was received on February 07, 2007. I have called USCIS about four times and have receive four different answer. First, I was told that the notice was sent on February 08, 2007 and it is probably at my post office since the post office doesn't deliver government mail if I don't have my last name on my mail box. Second time, I was told that it should have been received and I was made to feel like it was my fault. I called couple days ago and I was told that it is still within processing time and I should receive my notice soon. I think that this is all BS on the part of USCIS. I always receive my mail even when it is from other countries. How many other people are having this problem with USCIS not sending receipt notices and then making it seem like it is our fault for them not sending the notice? I am very frustrated at USCIS. The process is already very long and stressfull. It seems that they are doing everything possible to make it even more long and stressfull.

FORM I-130 PROCESS

Jan. 15, 2007 - Got married in India

Feb. 02, 2007 - Sent Form I-130 via Certified mail

Feb. 05, 2007 - NSC Receives Form I-130

Feb 07, 2007 - NOA-1

Mar. 15, 2007 - Touched

April. 11, 2007 - Touched

April 17, 2007- Approved!!

May 01, 2007- Touched

NVC Processing of I-130

April 27, 2007- Received by NVC

May 14, 2007- IV Bill and AOS fee bill Generated

May 22, 2007- Sent AOS fee bill

May 27, 2007- Received AOS fee bill in mail

June 11, 2007- Received I-864 package in mail

June 14, 2007- Still no IV bill. Called NVC so that they can resend it.

June 18, 2007- Sent completed I-864 package

June 22, 2007- Still no IV bill

June 25, 2007- Finally Received and Paid the IV bill!!

August 05, 2007- Sent DS-230

August 21, 2007- Case Completed at NVC

August 27, 2007- Case Forwarded to Embassy

October 15, 2007- Interview!! Visa approved!!

October 18, 2007- Visa in hand

October 27, 2007- US arrival!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I didn't have a problem.

I'm in the same boat. I called yesterday and they told me I had to wait til at least 30 days after they received my I-130 for them to "have access to my petition" afterwhich they will be able to give me a receipt number over the phone (which still doesn't fill the requirement for me to move on with the I-129F). Then I got forwarded to another lady who was telling me to change my address with the USCIS and make them resend it (to the US instead of Cancun). I can't do that since my case's evidence is based on me living here with my wife right now. Then the lady broke down and blamed me for "not paying attention on the I-130 with the difference in living address and mailing address." She totally shut down about it when I told her there is no such distinction on the I-130, and that for this reason I included in my cover letter an explanation about my situation and requested they correspond with me through my Ohio mailing address.

I'm just going to wait the 30 days and call back. This is giving me a damn headache.

I-130 Timeline:

02/24/07 - I-130 Packet sent Priority Mail to Nebraska Center

02/26/07 - I-130 Packet Delivered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Getting an NOA1 is not a big deal if you can get the receipt # from the cancelled check AND if you're applying for a K-1 or CR-1/IR-1. But for people who are filing for a K-3 visa is extremely important because you can't file the I-129F without it. CSC has been awful lately when it comes to sending out NOA1s. I never received mine for the I-130 I filed back in Feb., called them after the 30 days had passed and then I had to make a REQUEST for them to "re-send" it to me, which then I was told that it would take ANOTHER 30 days for it to arrive. So then 60+ days would have elapsed since I submitted my first petition, THEN wait another 2 weeks until I get an NOA1 for the I-129F (if I ever get it) so that's almost 3 months already. Might as well leave the I-130 alone for a CR-1 visa instead!

CSC drives me CRAZY!!! :ranting:

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband mailed the I-129F to Chicago on Monday, April 9th from Tacoma, Washington. It is now Thursday, April 19th and there is nothing online showing that they even received it yet. :(

I-130 Process

02-24-2007 | Marriage

03-21-2007 | mailed I-130 to Nebraska

04-05-2007 | Received NOA1

08-23-2007 | touched, wooohoooo (4.5 months later)

08-23-2007 | approved

Unsure | received NOA2

I-129F

04-09-2007 | mailed I-129F to Chicago

04-20-2007 | cheque cashed

04-23-2007 | Received NOA1 - advised it could take 60-180 days

to process

05-04-2007 | file transferred to California

05-08-2007 | touched

05-31-2007 | email received re: I-129F is pending at CSC

06-01-2007 | touched

08-23-2007 | approved and to be forwarded to NVC

Unsure | received NOA2

10-02-2007 | received letter dated 09-27-2007 from NVC stating they received it and would forward

to Consulate in Vancouver

10-09-2007 | emailed Consulate to advise of my new address in Canada

10-10-2007 | email received from the Consulate stating they received my file on 10-01-2007 and

mailed the package to me but would mail another that day to my new address.

10-11-2007 | received the original package that was mailed to my old address (forwarded by the post

office)

10-24-2007 l medical exam and faxed checklist to Consulate

10-25-2007 l interview date letter mailed to me by Consulate

10-29-2007 l email reply from Consulate advising they mailed the letter and my interview date is set for

my birthday, November 13, 2007

11-13-2007 l interview at 1:00 at Consulate. Verbal approval

11-14-2007 l picked up my visa....woohoooo

Filed: Timeline

singh et.al.,

Actually, it isn't required.

What is required is evidence that an I-130 was submitted. The Receipt Notice may be the best evidence, but it is not the only possible evidence that one could provide.

Yodrak

I have recently read many posts where people are complaining about the fact they haven't received there NOA1 for I-130. This is a crucial notice since it is required to file for I-129F.
Edited by Yodrak

Timeline

See that's another thing, this forum said that a copy of the NOA1 for the I-130 was needed. Then I go to the US embassy in Bogotá and their web site says the same thing. So what gives?

I personally believe that having your NOA1 for whatever petition you submit is very important. Like I've said before I got my receipt # from my cancelled check and when I called USCIS it was a different #. To this day, I'm still not 100% if I got the right # so only time will tell. I've also read a post from another VJer who had issues with having the wrong receipt # all this time and then found out that the # was wrong. Having that NAO1 with the correct receipt # is crucial in my opinion, especially if you need to contact USCIS for any issues you may have. (Not that they're of any great help anyway ^_^ )

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Filed: Timeline

Mononoke28,

This forum and the embassy in Bogota? Let's try to get a bit further from the horse's a$$ and a bit closer to its' mouth - what do the I-129f instructions say? (Even closer to the horse's mouth, the definitive answer would be in the INA. I'll let someone else look there.)

I agree that the I-130 Receipt Notice is a very valuable document. But if I were waiting for it in order to submit an I-129f, and it was getting overdue, I'd try alternate documentation before I'd spend $200 and wait months for an I-824 to be processed to get my hands on a duplicate Receipt Notice. By the time the I-824 would get processed the I-130 would be well on its' way and there'd be no value to the I-129f anyway.

Yodrak

See that's another thing, this forum said that a copy of the NOA1 for the I-130 was needed. Then I go to the US embassy in Bogotá and their web site says the same thing. So what gives?

I personally believe that having your NOA1 for whatever petition you submit is very important. Like I've said before I got my receipt # from my cancelled check and when I called USCIS it was a different #. To this day, I'm still not 100% if I got the right # so only time will tell. I've also read a post from another VJer who had issues with having the wrong receipt # all this time and then found out that the # was wrong. Having that NAO1 with the correct receipt # is crucial in my opinion, especially if you need to contact USCIS for any issues you may have. (Not that they're of any great help anyway )

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My situation is a little different than yours. We don't have the NOA1 for the I 130. Mel was able to get the receipt number from calling USCIS. We do have the NOA2 and we had that when we submitted the I 129F.

We were concerned about not having an NOA1 for the I 130- USCIS said since an approval notice has been issued there is no way to get a copy of the NOA1 now. My I 129 was approved yesterday and we did not get any RFE's over the missing NOA1.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maybe it's part of a new scheme to keep you on the IV path..

the gods only know at this point...

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

that thought occured to me as well meaux....but what an assholio way to go about it dontcha think :blink:

google.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So, to spell it out a little further, if you can get your receipt number -- say from the back of your cancelled check, register at USCIS system for looking at the status of the petition, you should be able to put together evidence that you submitted and they received the I-130. The front and back of your cancelled check, together with a printout of the status page from their Case Status Online utility would probably do it for you. That way, you guys stop waiting and file your I-129Fs. I can't guarantee it won't result in a RFE, but maybe it is worth a try.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

that thought occured to me as well meaux....but what an assholio way to go about it dontcha think :blink:

heh.. about equivilant with suddenly holding your I-130 hostage for $200, I mean "retaining" it.

Lots of people who planned to let both petitions run through got burned.

Now, I think that people apply for a K-3 because they think they have to, not because they actually want to.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

The step-by-step guide on how to file for a K-3 indicate to mail the I-130 and then follow the instructions for the I-129F. Item # 9 says "Copy of the NOA1 from the I-130". http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k3guide

First, at the beginning I was lost on how to even begin to file the I-130. I had no idea what the process was until I came to VJ. Then I read those instructions and thought... "ok, I need the NOA1 from the I-130 so I can file the I-129F". Then I go the the US embassy in Bogotá, Colombia since that is where we are going through and it says the exact same thing: "Your spouse must send a Form I-129F and the Form I-797 to the appropriate fee..." http://bogota.usembassy.gov/wwwsck3k4visa.shtml

As of a few weeks ago I started reading posts by members who said they mailed in their I-129Fs without the I-797. One member had both petitions approved even though he sent them in at the same time, no NOA1 anywhere in sight. News to me, since from the beginning I thought it was needed for a K-3 visa petition.

So is the NOA1 from the I-130 needed in order to file the I-129F? I guess not. And as for the receipt #, whoever sends in the I-129F with this number and no NOA1 has to be 100% sure that it is the correct number. I've said it before, my check has a WAC# on it, I thought of it as being a different # and USCIS gives me a different # from what my check says and from what I thought I had. Who's to say which is the correct #?

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

heh.. about equivilant with suddenly holding your I-130 hostage for $200, I mean "retaining" it.

Lots of people who planned to let both petitions run through got burned.

Now, I think that people apply for a K-3 because they think they have to, not because they actually want to.

For us paying $200 for the I 824 was useless. It is a 200 dollar piece of paper that says move a file, and it takes at least 6 months to do that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.