vbtwo

I-751 May 2016 Filers

1,738 posts in this topic

FINALLY!

After opening a case inquiry on 6/23/2016, we FINALLY got our biometrics appointment letter!

7/29/2016 at 9am.

Did you get an answer from your case inquiry? I opened a case June 24 and I got an email from USCIS telling me that it will take longer than the usual time frame for the process because of high number of filers.

Did you get an answer from your case inquiry? I opened a case June 24 and I got an email from USCIS telling me that it will take longer than the usual time frame for the process because of high number of filers.

You got more than me! We didn't hear a thing from our case inquiry. I even called on Friday to follow up to find out why we haven't heard anything.

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

You got more than me! We didn't hear a thing from our case inquiry. I even called on Friday to follow up to find out why we haven't heard anything.

I hope I get my biometrics soon too..thanks

I hope I get my biometrics soon too..thanks

I hope so, too. This is ridiculous. When I called the misinformation line on Friday they told me I need to wait until the case inquiry was 30 days old before he could transfer me to a Tier 2 "and then we'll go form there". I pressed him for what that means exactly. Another case inquiry? He just said "let's hope you get your letter by then." The butthole probably already knew it had been scheduled, too.

oprahbees.gif

I hope so, too. This is ridiculous. When I called the misinformation line on Friday they told me I need to wait until the case inquiry was 30 days old before he could transfer me to a Tier 2 "and then we'll go form there". I pressed him for what that means exactly. Another case inquiry? He just said "let's hope you get your letter by then." The butthole probably already knew it had been scheduled, too.

Maybe you're right they just don't give you answers when you call. I'm happy for you. Good luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I got that same response, via mail. Hope they send that bio letter soon!

Spoiler
AOS
Day 0 (4/29/14) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765) via Fedex
Day 2 (5/01/14) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
Day 9 (5/08/14) Received NOAs in the mail
Day 13 (5/12/14) Received biometrics appointment for 06/03/14
Day 35 (6/03/14) Biometrics in Houston TX
Day 48 (6/16/14) Received email & text notification of an interview on 8/12/14
Day 65 (7/03/14) EAD card production
Day 77 (7/15/14) Received EAD
Day 105 (8/12/14) Interview (Approved)
Day 111 (8/18/14) GC received in the mail
ROC
Day 0 (5/16/16) I-751 package sent via USPS Certified Priority Mail (3 lb 0.5 oz)
Day 1 (5/17/16) I-751 package received at CSC lockbox
Day 9 (5/25/16) Check appears as pending transaction-Check cashed
Day 39 (6/24/16) Call USCIS to open case inquiry
Day 73 (7/28/16) Received Biometrics Letter
Day 87 (8/11/16) Biometrics Appointment
Day 205 (12/2/16) I-751 Approved
Day 211 (12/8/16) GC received in the mail
N-400
Day 0 (5/23/17) N-400 package sent via Fedex
Day 10 (6/02/17) I-797C NOA Reject Notice - Outdated version of N-400
Day 11 (6/03/17) N-400 package sent via USPS
Day 15 (06/07/17) Credit Card charged USCIS fee
Day 20 (06/12/17) NOA received 
Day 24 (06/16/17) Biometrics Appointment Letter received
Day 36 (06/28/17) Biometrics Appointment
Day 51 (07/13/17) Online Status changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
Day 58 (07/20/17) Interview Letter arrived
Day 86 (08/17/17) Interview Date - Recommended for Approval

henna

I got that same response, via mail. Hope they send that bio letter soon!

still no biometrics letter for me either.

I wonder what the hold up is :secret:

I hope they don't just open another case inquiry after 30 days. :-( I can't imagine your local ASCs being that busy. My plan was to contact my Congressman if there was still no word after 30 days, hopefully none of you get to that point, but it may be worth a shot?

oprahbees.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Here is my current status: Still waiting on Biometric screening appotingment

Send Application: May 10, 1026

CSC Receive Date: May 13, 2016

Receive NOA I-797: ~May 20, 2016

Money withdrew from bank: ~ May 25, 2016

First customer service call about Biometric screening: ~June 15, 2016

Second customer service call about Biometric screening: ~June 26, 2016, open a service request

Third customer service call about Biometric screening: ~July 8, 2016.

Still waiting on the Biometric screening date.

I am not sure what is happening. The first time I called a Customer service, a lady told me that Biometric screening should have been scheduled within 30 days of NOA. So, she transferred me to another person, who couldn't get her computer to work, but told me that the appointment is not scheduled yet. Second time I called, same out come, but we were able to open the Service request. Third call was to follow up the second call, but I was asked to wait for 30 days before anything can happen on the existing Service request. Looks like, few peoples are in same boat. However, looking at the status of April-2016 filers in the 'I-751 April 2016 filers' thread, many peoples received Biometric screening appointment within 2-3 weeks, I wonder why its taking this long for me/May filers.

Any thoughts?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

FINALLY received my damn biometrics letter today. Scheduled for 08/31 for some ###### reason. I will try to do a walk-in... Damn 2 months into this ROC ####### and i'm already fed up to the max.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Can you add me to the worksheet? My information is all in the signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.