jaske78

Removing conditions when you don't have a house?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi,

Shortly after getting married, I suffered a setback, and my job reduced me to part-time. Then my mother, who had been caring for my blind grandmother, became very ill. We moved in there temporarily and began househunting, but now it's very clear: my mother won't recover, and neither will Gran. SoI gave up my apartment (the lease was almost up anyway) we have become caretakers. (Frankly, that was the Better Half's insistence, not my own. I feel really guilty to say that.)

The I-751 asks for proof that we are a couple, that we bought a house or a car, but we didn't, and we cannot afford much with my decreased pay. I am worried that they will not believe us when we come together at the interview and say what we have been up to since getting married. We just don't have a lot of financial documents indicating that we are fused together

Fortunately, we don't have to submit the thing for over a year, so we can still make good decisions, but I don't know what to do. Can you help?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This was just posted by another member who got the 10 year Green Card.

- - - - - - -

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

AFront and Back of Joans 2-Year Green Card

BRevised Condo Title Showing Stephens Marriage to Joan

CCopies of Our Drivers License/Learners Permit (showing same name and address) and American Express and Visa cards (Visa cards with the same number)

DStephens Last Will and Testament with Joan as main heir

EJoans Life Insurance Policy with Stephen as beneficiary

FStephens Life Insurance Policy with Joan as beneficiary

GStephens annuity with Joan as beneficiary

H2013 and 2014 Tax Transcripts showing Joint Married Filing; E-file signature page and copy of 2014 Federal Tax Return check in both names

IJoint bank account statements spanning from September 2013 to present (samplesnot every statement)

JJoint investment statement (Started 2/2015)

KJoint publishing contract with copy of our book cover

LInsurance policy for Joans engagement ring in both our names

MCopies of American Express bills (summary pages with both names)

NCopies of cable bill with chat transcript with company explaining that Joan has been on the account since 2014, but her name appears on the bill only starting in February 2015

OA few copies of the electric bill in both names (only starting in February 2015 for the same reason as the cable account)

P Miscellaneous travel arrangements and /or boarding passes from 2013 to present

QPhotos of us at home on Oahu; traveling to different islands in Hawai;i; and two trips to New York to see mom

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10 YEAR GREEN CARD PROCESS

July 22, 2017  ROC packet sent to Vermont.

July 24, 2017  ROC packet signed for in Vermont.

August 8, 2017  NOA received at house.  15 days since ROC signed for in VSC.

August 12, 2017 ASC appointment received. 19 days since ROC in VSC.

August 25, 2017 BIO completed. 32 days since ROC received in VSC.

August 11, 2018  18 month 'Courtesy Copy' extension letter received.  Critical number  297

October 20, 2018 18 month 'Official' extension letter received.  Critical number 297

December 4, 2018  USCIS Account shows: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, 

December 4, 2018, ordered your new card for Receipt # EAC17297003XX, and will mail to the address you gave.

491 days from NOA issued by VSC until Petition approved.

December 7, 2018 USCIS sent notice:  Card mailed.

December 12, 2018 Ten year Green Card received from Lees Summit, MO

499 days from NOA issued by VSC until Green Card received.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 6, 2018 submitted N-400 application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 8 months or August 2019.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled . . . but the actual date was not yet shown.

December 11, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for 24 December 2018.

December 21, 2018 saw on USCIS website that they will be closed 24 December 2018 as extra holiday.

January 9, 2019 went for re-scheduled BIO appointment.  33 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

February 19, 2019 received letter in US mail that Citizenship interview scheduled for 26 March 2019. 74 days after submission on-line.

March 26, 2019 Citizenship interview scheduled for.  109 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

March 26, 2019 Passed Citizenship interview.

April 12, 2019  Received notice that Oath Ceremony had been scheduled for 24 April 2019.  17 days after interview.

April 24, 2019  Oath Ceremony completed.  29 days after interview.     139 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

April 25, 2019  USA Passport Application submitted.

May 3, 2019     USA Passport received.    149 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

May 9, 2019     Certificate of Naturalization and Citizenship returned in mail.

There is a lot of other evidence you can provide, however an affidavit from your family who you live with would be beneficial. I suggest making sure your addresses are appropriately changed to your current location so you have evidence showing you're living together.

Even MPOA for the both of you from your mother and grandmother if possible would be beneficial.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You don't need to own stuff together. What else do you have that proves you are a bonafide couple? Your husband helping to care for your family is a start! Do you have bills in joint names, or at leats both coming to the same address? Joint bank account? Is he listed as your next-of-kin at work?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.