ckibs

April 2016 AOS Filers

2,674 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My EAD just changed to Card is being produced online, so thankful! Thank you to everyone here who's helped out with crazy questions!

Does anyone know if the AP comes at the same time, or are they separate?

It's a combo card... At the bottom of the card it will say "serves as I-512 advanced parole"... Your AP probably won't update to approved for another day or 2 Edited by Moslund

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I just have a question about the I-485. Is there such a thing as "expedite request" for that? The status of my I-485 is "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview" since May 30. I know that the San Francisco USCIS is still processing the September 2015 filers and I'm not sure if I would also qualify for the expedite request. I'm in the process of applying for a program in a school here but I wouldn't be able to qualify for a financial aide if I don't have my permanent residence card. The class starts this October 2016.

April 13, 2016 – AOS, EAD & AP sent (Day 1)

April 15, 2016 – Received date on the NOA1 (Day 2)

April 22, 2016 – Received SMS & E-mail Notification (Day 9)

April 25, 2016 – Received Hard Copy of NOA1 (Day 12)

May 2, 2016 – Received Biometric Appointment (Day 19)

May 13, 2016 – Biometric Schedule (Day 30)

May 30, 2016 – Updated I-485 to “Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview” (Day 47)

June 29, 2016 - Submitted Service Request (Day 76)

July 13, 2016 - EAD & AP approved (Day 89)

Just received my green card/ permanent resident card!!!! Sooo excited and can't believe it at the same time. :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

No more dealings with USCIS until ROC time in 2 years!

Thank you to everyone for their help and support and to everyone still waiting, don't worry it is on it's way.

WOW! I can only hope that mine will come as fast. We have the same local office. I just got my EAD approved 2 days ago, but I see your green card was quickly approved after your EAD. Nice work, USCIS! :idea:

Filed: Timeline

A big hurray to the senator of Montana!

He kicked some butt and my case status now says "card in production"!!!

Wohooo i can finally go home!!!

april 1st: sent i-485 to chicago lockbox

april 4th: i-485 delivered to chicago lockbox

april 7th: "biometrics fee received and accepted"

april 10th: email notification of acceptance and routing to NBC for processing

april 11th: hardcopy i-797C in mail (notice date april 8th)

april 30th: received biometrics letter for: may 11th @ 9am

june 2nd: received interview letter for: july 6th @ 11.10am

july 6th: Interview day---no decision was made

july 13th: sent e-mail to congressman, asking for an inquiry on my case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Guys,

Great News!! All validation error messages have now been resolved per my understanding.

All of my receipts are now working, Even the AOS. The status is "Fingerprint Fee Was Received"

You guys should check you receipts too.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

ConiMoni

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Something weird happened just now. I received a notification for my I-765 so when I checked it's status it changed from "Card was delivered by Post Office" to "Card was mailed to me". I have already received my EAD last week but what's weird though is My I-485 also changed, not the status but the date. It says "Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview" since May 30, but now when I checked it online it says "As of July 28, 2016, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status.....Does that mean that I just lost my place in the queue for interview since the update date changed to July 28 from May 30?

Edited by Kaykee7789

April 13, 2016 – AOS, EAD & AP sent (Day 1)

April 15, 2016 – Received date on the NOA1 (Day 2)

April 22, 2016 – Received SMS & E-mail Notification (Day 9)

April 25, 2016 – Received Hard Copy of NOA1 (Day 12)

May 2, 2016 – Received Biometric Appointment (Day 19)

May 13, 2016 – Biometric Schedule (Day 30)

May 30, 2016 – Updated I-485 to “Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview” (Day 47)

June 29, 2016 - Submitted Service Request (Day 76)

July 13, 2016 - EAD & AP approved (Day 89)

Something weird happened just now. I received a notification for my I-765 so when I checked it's status it changed from "Card was delivered by Post Office" to "Card was mailed to me". I have already received my EAD last week but what's weird though is My I-485 also changed, not the status but the date. It says "Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview" since May 30, but now when I checked it online it says "

As of July 28, 2016, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status.....

Does that mean that I just lost my place in the queue for interview since the update date changed to July 28 from May 30?

I don't think so... I think they had some updates in the system, my date also changed and a lot of receipts around my number

Something weird happened just now. I received a notification for my I-765 so when I checked it's status it changed from "Card was delivered by Post Office" to "Card was mailed to me". I have already received my EAD last week but what's weird though is My I-485 also changed, not the status but the date. It says "Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview" since May 30, but now when I checked it online it says "As of July 28, 2016, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status.....Does that mean that I just lost my place in the queue for interview since the update date changed to July 28 from May 30?

Hey Kaykee!

I also received a text alert from USCIS earlier and thought that maybe the interview has been scheduled since I already got my EAD last week as well and that's the only update I'm expecting next. But I noticed that the only thing that changed was the wording of the statuses. Like "Case Was Approved" instead of "Case Is Approved", and it used to say "As of June 3, 2016, we are ready to schedule ...", but now it says "As of July 28, 2016, ..."

The thing is that the online case status doesn't inform us of every step that our application goes through in the process. Things like clearing background checks, transferring the case to the field office, assigning our case to an immigration officer, etc are only directly accessible by officers who can log into the internal system. What we get through the online tool is just the major milestones. They even say that on the USCIS website:

Screen_Shot_2016_07_28_at_9_59_39_PM.png

Source: https://www.uscis.gov/tools

I learned from a conversation here in the forums that that is called a soft touch:

Screen_Shot_2016_07_28_at_10_06_25_PM.pn

Source: http://bit.ly/2ahK7hq

So that leads me to believe that something is happening with our applications. And since we both share the same field office in San Francisco and our filing date are close to each other, I'm guessing maaaybe our applications might be part of a batch that was now moved from the service center to the field office to prepare for the interview.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Had the exact same thing happen to me, almost verbatim.

Our Timeline:
---------------------- K1 PETITION PROCESS -----------------------------------
10/16/2013 - Started dating
12/27/2014 - Got engaged :D
08/25/2015 - I-129F sent
09/03/2015 - NOA1
09/25/2015 - NOA2
10/21/2015 - NVC case number assigned
10/21/2015 - Petition left NVC, sent to Buenos Aires embassy
10/27/2015 - BA embassy received
01/04/2016 - Interview
01/14/2016 - Approved!
01/25/2016 - K1 Visa received
03/18/2016 - Moved to the US!!
03/26/2016 - Married (L)
------------------------- AOS PROCESS ----------------------------------------------
4/13/2016 - Sent AOS + EAD + AP
4/18/2016 - The date written on "Received date" box on NOA1 (day 0)
4/21/2016 - Three Texts & Emails of AOS + EAP + AP case numbers (3 days)
4/22/2016 - NOA1 hard copy received by mail (4 days)

5/24/2016 - Biometrics appointment (36 days)

7/05/2016 - EAD online service requested (78 days)
7/16/2016 - 90th day
7/18/2016 - "New card is being produced" for EAD+AP (92 days)
7/21/2016 - EAD/AP sent via mail (95 days)
7/22/2016 - EAD/AP hard copy approval notice received via mail (96 days)
7/23/2016 - EAD Arrived in the mail ! (97 days)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

All 3 of my cases got an update on 28th also even my already approved and delivered EAD/AP got a update on the 28th... My I-485 unfortunate still stuck at "fingerprint fee recieved"... All the cases surrounding mine got an July 28th update also but there actual cases never updated if that makes sence

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

A big hurray to the senator of Montana!

He kicked some butt and my case status now says "card in production"!!!

Wohooo i can finally go home!!!

That is just the best news to wake up to this morning!

You've had such a stressful wait, I am so pleased for you :D

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

That is just the best news to wake up to this morning!

You've had such a stressful wait, I am so pleased for you :D

And to make my day even brighter I just got notification that my green card has been mailed :D

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Congrats!!! Hopefully more of us will be joining you soon!!

Thank you, i'm sure you will be.

WOW! I can only hope that mine will come as fast. We have the same local office. I just got my EAD approved 2 days ago, but I see your green card was quickly approved after your EAD. Nice work, USCIS! :idea:

Yes i was really shocked when I saw my case had been updated and then card mailed so quickly after my EAD approval, especially after i spoke to an agent last week who said i would have to wait 9 months for my green card! I guess it really is luck of the draw.

ROC

Filed: Timeline

And to make my day even brighter I just got notification that my green card has been mailed :D

Thank you!!! And congratulations to you also!

:-)

april 1st: sent i-485 to chicago lockbox

april 4th: i-485 delivered to chicago lockbox

april 7th: "biometrics fee received and accepted"

april 10th: email notification of acceptance and routing to NBC for processing

april 11th: hardcopy i-797C in mail (notice date april 8th)

april 30th: received biometrics letter for: may 11th @ 9am

june 2nd: received interview letter for: july 6th @ 11.10am

july 6th: Interview day---no decision was made

july 13th: sent e-mail to congressman, asking for an inquiry on my case.

After 100days and EAD/AP received I can finally see my I-485 online and it says: On April 15, 2016, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status.

I'm wondering from people who already received green card or interview how long after this notes will we get something? I know everything depends from case to case but I'm just curious how that works for other people ;)

Thank you

xAFhm5.png

I-129F Sent: 09-11-15
I-129F Received: 09-16-15
NOA1 E-Notification: 09-18-15
NOA1 Hard Copy: 09-26-15
NOA2 E-Notification: 10-16-15 :goofy:
NOA2 Hard Copy: 10-22-15
NVC Received: 11-03-15
NVC Case #: 11-05-15
NVC Left: 11-05-15
Consulate Rec: 11-06-15
Packet 3 Received: 11-16-15
Medical Exam: 11-24-15
Packet 3 Sent: 11-30-15
Packet 4: 12-16-2015
Interview Date: 12-22-15 APPROVED :goofy:
Visa Received: 12-24-15
US Entry: 03-15-16
Weeding: 03-17-16 :goofy:

GREEN CARD IN MAIL AFTER 3 MONTHS 3 WEEKS AND 1 DAY (NO INTERVIEW)

I-485 sent: 04-11-16

I-765 sent: 04-11-16

I-131 sent: 04-11-16

AOS received: 04-13-16

NOA E-Notification x3: 04-18-16

NOA Hard Copy x3: 04-20-16

Biometrics letter: 04-30-16

Biometrics Appt Date: 05-13-16

EAD online service requested: 07-01-16 (Day 79)

EAD/AP approved: 07/12/16 (11 days after service requested)

EAD/AP received: 07/19/16

I-485 approved: 08/01/2016 :goofy:

Green card received: 08/04/2016 :goofy:

I-751 Sent: 05-15-18

I-751 Received: 05-18-18

Check cashed: 06-15-18 :whistle:

I-751 NOA1 received: 06-18-18

I-751 NOA1 date: 06-12-18 (Extended status for 18 months) 

Biometrics Appt Date: 05-17-19

Green card in hands: 05-05-19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.