ckibs

April 2016 AOS Filers

2,674 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I know this however I think 14 days is a long time for the website / case NOT to update / reflect that they've received the RFE response. Didn't expect the EAD to get approved as estimated before the RFE was issued however I was expecting to - at the very least - get some sort of update on my I-485 case.

And the 90 day rule still applies, however it has reset for us - so technically I'm now at 14 days out of the 90 days.

Ckibs: You should call them, I got a notification too today, I know how it just doesn't follow a patter in notifying on websites and I'm sure your application has reached a certain stage maybe calling them will tell you more than you know...

25th March'2016- Sent out the application via UPS to Chicago.

29th March'2016- Package received. (day1)

4th April'2016- Received 4 Text SMSs and 4 E-mails from the USCIS notifying my case has been received and routed to National Benefits Center for Processing. (day 6)

5th April'2016- Checks have been cashed. (day 7)

7th April'2016- NOA received in mail . (day 9)

2nd May'2016- Received Biometric Appointment Letter(day 33)

5th May'2016- Walked In 8;30am for early Biometric Appointment( In and out in 12 minutes)(day 36)

12th May'2016- Biometric Appointment Schedule

24th May'2016- Received RFE for Form I864( Tax Returns, Pay Stubs)(day 55)

26th May'2016- Sent out the evidence for RFE (day 57)

1st June'2016- Received notification that the RFE package was received. Case status website updated (day 56)

2nd June'2016- Put in a request for Change in Address for all the 4 applications. Received Confirmation mail the same day(day 57)

6th June'2016- Address change request was completed.(day 61)

11th June'2016- Letter of Address change confirmation was received. (day 66)

23rd June'2016- Called USCIS asked to spoke a Tier 2 officer was called back on the third attempt after 8 hours and spoke about confirmation of address change. (day 78)

24th June'2016- Status change for EAD only "New Card is being produced" (day 79)

29th June'2016- Card was mailed to me at the mentioned date(day 84)

2nd July'2016- Card received in mail (day 87)

9th August'2016- Interview scheduled for September 13th(day 125)

16th August'2016- Interview cancelled.(day 132)

13th September'2016- Attended the interview and was told my file wasn't available at the local office. (Day 163 )

29th October'2016- Rescheduled the interview for December 1st. (Day 209)

1st December'2016- Judgement Day RELOADED!(Day241)

2nd December'2016- New card is being produced!(Day 242)

6th December'2016- STATUS CHANGED TO NEW CARD HAS BEEN MAILED. (Day 246)

8th December'2016- Received USPS tracking code to track my GC. Scheduled for delivery on 14th December'16.

:goofy: :goofy: 9th December'2016- Received the Green Card in Mail. :goofy: :goofy:

Waiting Patiently Waiting- Sending Good Vibes to Everyone!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Hey All,

I’ve been following this forum for a while but haven’t posted yet. I have a similar timeline with most of you. I don’t have the specific dates with me right now but everything was going off like clockwork, until I received that RFE. I still haven’t sent my response because I’m waiting for my joint sponsor to send me their paperwork (hopefully will arrive by the end of the week.)

I’m really stressed right now. I’m currently employed through my OPT but that expires mid July. My supervisor here told me if I don’t receive my card by June 6th, they’re going to start the paperwork to hire someone for my position. That really bums me out because I really need my benefits ( I have a chronic condition that I need really expensive medicine for) and I really need to be able to pay my rent as my partner is not making that much right now.

When I called, they told me that the EAD process was separate and that getting an RFE shouldn’t delay it. When I called to expedite it, they didn’t say anything either so I’m a bit confused. Man, I’m hoping to hear something soon because I really don’t want to lose my job! I’ve also been working with a lawyer but he has not been helpful at all, I guess he feels like it is out of his hands right now.

April 6th - Date filed.

Mid April - Received NoAs

Last week of April - Received biometrics notice

May 12th - Biometrics at 2 pm

May 18th - Received RFE (Need to resend my tax forms (even though I sent it), a copy of my birth certificate (which I also included) and even though I’m making enough money right now, my partner isn’t so we figured getting a joint sponsor would be a good idea but it’s totally dragging on longer than I had hoped.

May 26th - Called and submitted a request to expedite the EAD

Hopefully since everything else seemed to be processed quickly, maybe they’ll process my RFE and send me my EAD?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey All,

I’ve been following this forum for a while but haven’t posted yet. I have a similar timeline with most of you. I don’t have the specific dates with me right now but everything was going off like clockwork, until I received that RFE. I still haven’t sent my response because I’m waiting for my joint sponsor to send me their paperwork (hopefully will arrive by the end of the week.)

I’m really stressed right now. I’m currently employed through my OPT but that expires mid July. My supervisor here told me if I don’t receive my card by June 6th, they’re going to start the paperwork to hire someone for my position. That really bums me out because I really need my benefits ( I have a chronic condition that I need really expensive medicine for) and I really need to be able to pay my rent as my partner is not making that much right now.

When I called, they told me that the EAD process was separate and that getting an RFE shouldn’t delay it. When I called to expedite it, they didn’t say anything either so I’m a bit confused. Man, I’m hoping to hear something soon because I really don’t want to lose my job! I’ve also been working with a lawyer but he has not been helpful at all, I guess he feels like it is out of his hands right now.

April 6th - Date filed.

May 18th - Received RFE (Need to resend my tax forms (even though I sent it), a copy of my birth certificate (which I also included) and even though I’m making enough money right now, my partner isn’t so we figured getting a joint sponsor would be a good idea but it’s totally dragging on longer than I had hoped.

Hopefully since everything else seemed to be processed quickly, maybe they’ll process my RFE and send me my EAD?

I called to expedite on the 16th of May, opened a service request today. Job offer expires tomorrow, so who knows what will happen.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hey All,

April 6th - Date filed.

I am currently on OPT, and my EAD card is going to expire in the mid of July too.

The HR director in my company asks me to provide the new EAD card BEFORE the expiration date. He doesn't give me a specific date.

I don't understand why your supervisor has to have your new EAD card more than 1 month before the expiration date.

Does your supervisor ask you to resign from the company by 6/6 if you don't have your EAD card? Or you can still work until they find someone else to replace you? Either way, it doesn't sound appropriate.

I think you should talk to your supervisor again or the HR person in your company to explain your situation and to extend the deadline.

Don't let the company push you around. Good luck to you!

04/11/2016: Package Sent (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/15/2016 (Day 0): Package Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

04/22/2016 (Day 7): Check Cashed

04/22/2016 (Day 7): NOA1 Received by Email and Text

05/14/2016 (Day 29): Biometric Appointment Letter Received

05/27/2016 (Day 42): Biometric Appointment

05/20/2016 (Day 35): Early Biometric Appointment Walk-In

05/30/2016 (Day 45): Case Is Ready For An Interview

07/12/2016 (Day 88): EAD Being Produced

07/12/2016 (Day 88): EAD Approved

07/12/2016 (Day 88): AP Approved

07/15/2016 (Day 91): EAD/AP Card Mailed

08/26/2016 (Day): Interview Scheduled

09/27/2016 (Day): Interview

11/07/2016 (Day): I-130, I-485 Approved

08/09/2018 (Day 0): I-751 Sent Via FedEx

08/10/2018 (Day 1): I-751 Delivered at CSC
09/06/2018 (Day 28): NOA1 Notice Date
09/07/2018 (Day 29): Check Cashed
09/10/2018 (Day 32): NOA1 Received

I am currently on OPT, and my EAD card is going to expire in the mid of July too.

The HR director in my company asks me to provide the new EAD card BEFORE the expiration date. He doesn't give me a specific date.

I don't understand why your supervisor has to have your new EAD card more than 1 month before the expiration date.

Does your supervisor ask you to resign from the company by 6/6 if you don't have your EAD card? Or you can still work until they find someone else to replace you? Either way, it doesn't sound appropriate.

I think you should talk to your supervisor again or the HR person in your company to explain your situation and to extend the deadline.

Don't let the company push you around. Good luck to you!

I'm in a similar mess - my OPT expires soon; waiting on expedite response. Company has been very helpful, though - offered to advance me some of my salary for later in the year if I have to go on leave until the EAD arrives. It's a huge issue for me personally, though, since my wife just graduated and the plan was for us to (finally) relocate so we can be together full-time. Until I have the EAD, it will be tough to do that. And the sooner we can relocate the better, since the interview will be tough if we have only just managed to start living together full-time.

You have 90 days to present the new card to your employer

Not always true. Many places have a policy of requiring the I-9 to be fully done by the end of the first *day*. Also, most large companies have at least some government contracts, which usually triggers E-Verify requirements too.

Edited by fakeymcfakename

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am on my F-1 too as of now, there was a point of time when my EAD card was approved but misplaced by USCIS and sent to my old address...smh it took me another whole year to get the approved one again...I worked as it was approved...However, in most cases an employer will wait for you for about 90 days for you to obtain your EAD card... Some even let you work with a promise to pay you on a later date...

@swisly9 it really depends on your employer on how they handle it...request them to let you work till the start of July...And I am sure your card will be there even before then (seeing most March timelines).... Well if you have put in an expedited request call them and fax them a copy of your current EAD Card and your current Job and they will.

25th March'2016- Sent out the application via UPS to Chicago.

29th March'2016- Package received. (day1)

4th April'2016- Received 4 Text SMSs and 4 E-mails from the USCIS notifying my case has been received and routed to National Benefits Center for Processing. (day 6)

5th April'2016- Checks have been cashed. (day 7)

7th April'2016- NOA received in mail . (day 9)

2nd May'2016- Received Biometric Appointment Letter(day 33)

5th May'2016- Walked In 8;30am for early Biometric Appointment( In and out in 12 minutes)(day 36)

12th May'2016- Biometric Appointment Schedule

24th May'2016- Received RFE for Form I864( Tax Returns, Pay Stubs)(day 55)

26th May'2016- Sent out the evidence for RFE (day 57)

1st June'2016- Received notification that the RFE package was received. Case status website updated (day 56)

2nd June'2016- Put in a request for Change in Address for all the 4 applications. Received Confirmation mail the same day(day 57)

6th June'2016- Address change request was completed.(day 61)

11th June'2016- Letter of Address change confirmation was received. (day 66)

23rd June'2016- Called USCIS asked to spoke a Tier 2 officer was called back on the third attempt after 8 hours and spoke about confirmation of address change. (day 78)

24th June'2016- Status change for EAD only "New Card is being produced" (day 79)

29th June'2016- Card was mailed to me at the mentioned date(day 84)

2nd July'2016- Card received in mail (day 87)

9th August'2016- Interview scheduled for September 13th(day 125)

16th August'2016- Interview cancelled.(day 132)

13th September'2016- Attended the interview and was told my file wasn't available at the local office. (Day 163 )

29th October'2016- Rescheduled the interview for December 1st. (Day 209)

1st December'2016- Judgement Day RELOADED!(Day241)

2nd December'2016- New card is being produced!(Day 242)

6th December'2016- STATUS CHANGED TO NEW CARD HAS BEEN MAILED. (Day 246)

8th December'2016- Received USPS tracking code to track my GC. Scheduled for delivery on 14th December'16.

:goofy: :goofy: 9th December'2016- Received the Green Card in Mail. :goofy: :goofy:

Waiting Patiently Waiting- Sending Good Vibes to Everyone!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

I am on my F-1 too as of now, there was a point of time when my EAD card was approved but misplaced by USCIS and sent to my old address...smh it took me another whole year to get the approved one again...I worked as it was approved...However, in most cases an employer will wait for you for about 90 days for you to obtain your EAD card... Some even let you work with a promise to pay you on a later date...

@swisly9 it really depends on your employer on how they handle it...request them to let you work till the start of July...And I am sure your card will be there even before then (seeing most March timelines).... Well if you have put in an expedited request call them and fax them a copy of your current EAD Card and your current Job and they will.

My employer is letting me work until my expiration date in July but what's making me nervous is that she's starting the process to hire someone new before I even leave. It really doesn't give me much room to keep my position. She said I can reapply for it but it's just a drag. I'm hoping the RFE isn't going to impact my EAD coming that much... Fingers crossed!

Thanks all for your great advice.

OK, so I had to call there, because you people here are just stressing me out!!! :D I couldn't take it.

And what I found out? Well, the last thing she can see is that they sent me RFE on May 9th! So they haven't even opened my RFE response (If they even received it) or anything. She said that once they work on that, the online status will change, which basically meant to f*** off and don't call again... :D

--K1--

June 2015 - filled petition for K1 visa

12/17/2015 - interview at the US embassy in Czech

12/28/2015 - received K1 visa
01/24/2016 - arrived in the US
02/05/2016 - got married
02/18/2016 - applied for SSN
02/25/2016 - received SSN
02/26/2016 - went to change my name on SSN
03/11/2016 - received a new SSN card with married name
03/14/2016 - applied and got US driver's license

--AOS--

03/22/2016 - sent AOS package (AOS,EAD,AP) [Day 1]

04/08/2016 - NOA1 received (emails&texts) [Day 17]

04/12/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy received [Day 21]

​04/29/2016 - biometrics letter received [Day 38]

05/12/2016 - walk-in biometrics [Day 51]

05/13/2016 - biometrics appointment 02:00PM [Day 52]

05/13/2016 - RFE sent on May 9th [Day 52]

05/15/2016 - received RFE letter [Day 54]

05/16/2016 - sent off RFE response [Day 55]

06/07/2016 - EAD card is being produced, AP approved (online status) [Day 77]

06/10/2016 - EAD card was mailed [Day 80]

06/11/2016 - AP approval letter received [Day 81]

06/15/2016 - EAD/AP card received [Day 85]

07/22/2016 - called, can make a request at the beginning of August (4 months after I applied) [Day 122]

07/26/2016 - got a letter after I made a request online - they got RFE on May 20th, case still pending [Day 126]

08/17/2016 - called again, online request doesn't work, can try it in a month! OMG! [Day 148]

09/02/2016 - submitted an online request [Day 164]

09/15/2016 - online status "New Card Is Being Produced" [Day 178]

09/16/2016 - online status "Case Approved" [Day 179]

09/20/2016 - online status "Card Was Mailed To Me" [Day 183]

09/24/2016 - Green Card received! :dancing:[Day 187]

Filed: Timeline

Was that with a tier 2 officer! The online status will change to received RFE along with email and text. No indication of when they will review and update you but at least you know they have worked on it. The initial officers will only tell you what you can see online anyway.

I at least got notice they received my RFE response but I think there is a slow down now on my case.

Twiddle thumbs time again!

I've not even had notice they received the FRE response, I checked online and it was delivered 18th May :(

Ok what number do I call them on?

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

My interview has been scheduled!! It will be on July 6th!!

april 1st: sent i-485 to chicago lockbox

april 4th: i-485 delivered to chicago lockbox

april 7th: "biometrics fee received and accepted"

april 10th: email notification of acceptance and routing to NBC for processing

april 11th: hardcopy i-797C in mail (notice date april 8th)

april 30th: received biometrics letter for: may 11th @ 9am

june 2nd: received interview letter for: july 6th @ 11.10am

july 6th: Interview day---no decision was made

july 13th: sent e-mail to congressman, asking for an inquiry on my case.

I've not even had notice they received the FRE response, I checked online and it was delivered 18th May :(

Ok what number do I call them on?

I called, he said it's up to the individual officer dealing with a case to update the website tracker and as long as USPS tracker says it was delivered I can do nothing but wait for 60 days from the receipt date

Ah well, that'll teach us to miss a signature!

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My interview has been scheduled!! It will be on July 6th!!

Wow congrats to you super excited for you

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Wow congrats to you super excited for you

Thank you!

To everyone else; i truly hope your cases will move forward quickly now also! Hang in there!!

april 1st: sent i-485 to chicago lockbox

april 4th: i-485 delivered to chicago lockbox

april 7th: "biometrics fee received and accepted"

april 10th: email notification of acceptance and routing to NBC for processing

april 11th: hardcopy i-797C in mail (notice date april 8th)

april 30th: received biometrics letter for: may 11th @ 9am

june 2nd: received interview letter for: july 6th @ 11.10am

july 6th: Interview day---no decision was made

july 13th: sent e-mail to congressman, asking for an inquiry on my case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.