Dima_April

Confused & Discouraged In Moscow [edited title / merged threads]

37 posts in this topic

Could be days, weeks, months or even years.

If your concerned call the embassy there the only ones that will be able to give you the info you require. No one on here can give u an exact date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How long can they keep his passport?

What is the typical time frame for AP?

Would they deny you the visa, after having kept the passport?

They can keep his passport for weeks. My fiance and I waited 1 week after the interview day, before we got his passport with visa back by Pony Express.

Did you provide them with all the documents from the checklist they require, and were they ALL translated correctly?

It is highly unlikely they would deny your fiance a visa after having kept his passport and telling you to keep checking the site.

Call the Embassy and ask! This should give you a more accurate answer. Good luck! Keep your chin up!

75d3fe5d-a5ae-444e-9bfd-153e5d79ff5a_zps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Continuation thread has been merged with the master thread. Thread title has been edited.

[Moderator hat off]

Really feeling for you. Keep the faith.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I wrote the embassy and email last Friday, after looking at several post on various forums. Most people said that calling basically got you know where. You reach a secretary and they tell you nothing. Is there anyone out there, that has got through and provided with answers? As for the email, I received a response and they simply told me that the case was under administrative processing and no decision had been made as of yet. Also, that I should check back with them at a later date. Well, duh....I already knew it was under AP, tell me something I don't know. Give me peace of mind!

I gave them what they asked for the I 134 and tax document. I tried to give the letter of employment and bank information. The CO refused to take it; said it wasn't needed for this type of visa. Dmitrii, had everything translated correctly.

I thought about moving to Russia and marrying him there...but how do we get back here? What do I do next?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I wrote the embassy and email last Friday, after looking at several post on various forums. Most people said that calling basically got you know where. You reach a secretary and they tell you nothing. Is there anyone out there, that has got through and provided with answers? As for the email, I received a response and they simply told me that the case was under administrative processing and no decision had been made as of yet. Also, that I should check back with them at a later date. Well, duh....I already knew it was under AP, tell me something I don't know. Give me peace of mind!

I gave them what they asked for the I 134 and tax document. I tried to give the letter of employment and bank information. The CO refused to take it; said it wasn't needed for this type of visa. Dmitrii, had everything translated correctly.

I thought about moving to Russia and marrying him there...but how do we get back here? What do I do next?

Keep positive thoughts! I know this is difficult during this frustrating waiting period, but all will work out.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Keep positive thoughts! I know this is difficult during this frustrating waiting period, but all will work out.

Good Luck!

I apologize, I didn't completely read your last line. You can certainly marry Dima in Russia, but that will nullify the K1 application and require you to file a CR1 to get back to the states. There are many schools of thought regarding this course, but considering where you are in the K1 process (administrative processing after the interview), I would wait to see how that plays out. The CR1 process can take up to a year or more to process. If the K1 is ultimately denied, then I would certainly consider the CR1 route.

Good Luck!

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just keep waiting. They are conducting extra checks. Does he have relatives in the US? Was he married before?....and if so do you know if that ex has moved to the US?

The CO gave you some clues, based on your interview statements, that may be the subjects they are checking on.....why leave a great job in Russia for whatever job in the US?

Why the "suddenness" of the engagement?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Just keep waiting. They are conducting extra checks. Does he have relatives in the US? Was he married before?....and if so do you know if that ex has moved to the US?

The CO gave you some clues, based on your interview statements, that may be the subjects they are checking on.....why leave a great job in Russia for whatever job in the US?

Why the "suddenness" of the engagement?

First of all, thank you everyone; trying to be patient.

Dima, does not have any relatives in the US and he has never been married, nor does he have any children. His father passed away when he was 14 years old and he kind of became the man of the house. He helped take care of his grandmother and later his mother, when she developed cancer.

You know, perhaps the engagement may be viewed as quick, but in all honesty that doesn't matter. My father, saw my mother at a basketball game, never spoke to her and wouldn't shut up about her. His friends drove him back to town so they could find her; never did. Then, a few weeks later he saw her, they went out and 6 months later he married her. They were married 65 years. I dated my ex husband for 6 years and divorced him after 4, with separations. I never shared anything with him, because he didn't want to. With Dima, he wrote me and we started talking right away. Within a couple weeks, he left for the oil rig and I had Christmas break. I would email him in more less chat sessions throughout the evenings. I would also get up around 3 am, which is 6 pm (after his work), and talk with him. It just went on this way and we hit off. The day he stepped off the train, I was drawn to him. I had the best romantic adventure of my life and I'l always remember it...no one can take that away. The same happened when I went to Russia, for the interview. I was in tears because no one would speak to me in English and I didn't know where to go. After pushing through some doors, there he was...twisting the paper in his hands, nervously waiting for me. I loved him just as much as the day I first saw him; probably more. He always looks out after me, ask me how my day has been, tells me when he's leaving for work, when he arrives, when he's returning home.

I have no doubt that he loves me and I love him, so he's leaving the great job in Russia, to be with me. He sacrifices a lot. You can base love on a time frame. If you could, then I'd still be married. You base love on a feeling and a desire to be together, even when your partner isn't always perfect. I am nervous about moving to Russia and I know he fits better here, than I do there. It's the language issue. He speaks perfect English (it was his course of study). I speak zero Russian and when I try, I slaughter the language. One thing I am good at, is making friends and we had dinner with a couple and another woman (all teachers), that I met over the net. They are willing to help us if this fails. Dima, gives up a good job and even though I'm afraid, I guess I'll have to give up my home because life with out him is no longer an option.

What started out as a "fast engagement" has turned into a year long wait. I would have married him in July, he wanted to have honor and do what our government required. He came, he stayed 5 weeks and he went home. He could have stayed until Nov. 23rd, but did not. One thing about him, he's as upright and honorable as they come. It wasn't like he was trying to get into the country and stay without permission. I would have filed earlier, but needed to do something about that income tax. I took off work 3 years to care for not just one, but two parents on hospice. I landed the new job and all though it doesn't pay as well as a full time teacher, it was acceptable. I own a home, no mortgage, a larger bank account. I finally decided I had enough in assets to support us. Today, the school district granted us health insurance. I thought I was laying the road out before us. I love him and I wouldn't have him here, if I wasn't sure I could support him. I knew we were fine.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the problem. I think he had honor and I don't view us as people that are going to be a public charge. So what if he leaves a good job. A man that pushes a broom, pays his bills and is clean, is just as good as a man in a suit - maybe even better if the rich man has a bad heart. In time, I'm sure Dmitrii, would find a good job. He has experience as a safety adviser, military police officer (unfortunately all Russian man have to serve), interpreter and teacher. I'm sure a hard working guy from another country, can find a good job here. Sometimes, immigrants work harder than those of us born here.

Rant over.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I knew that I lit that fuse!!! Sri, but we've seen over the years where delays were incurred for very strange reasons.

You've provided enough info that satisfies that concern.

I wonder if you guys had the same female CO that my wife had back in Nov, 2009? Was she smiling all the time?

Our relationship was faster than yours and we got approved. Since they kept the passport, everything should be fine.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

I knew that I lit that fuse!!! Sri, but we've seen over the years where delays were incurred for very strange reasons.

You've provided enough info that satisfies that concern.

I wonder if you guys had the same female CO that my wife had back in Nov, 2009? Was she smiling all the time?

Our relationship was faster than yours and we got approved. Since they kept the passport, everything should be fine.

Yes, the fuse was lit! :rolleyes: Sorry, not directed at you in anyway, just the situation. At the end of the day, what it boils down to, is a good man. I don't know what other info would calm their minds. We told the truth and again, that's more than what some do.

The CO we had, was probably mid 20s to early 30s? She was pleasant, but never cracked a smile; thin and sandy brown hair. A pretty young lady and professional in demeanor.

I think she did not like the fact that he came to see me on the tourist visa and as I told her, I would have never met an American guy in a private place until I knew him well. I had thought about meeting him in South Korea, but that would have been insane. Safety first. As it is, he turned out to have a gentle personality.

I hope she moves the case along; we're middle age and we have time ahead of us....just not as much as she has. :)

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Marrying him in Russia won't help, because he'll still have to go through the same AP.

It's a security check. Everyone goes through one, even those applying for a tourist or a spouse visa.

Just be patient, and hope it won't take too long.

Timeline

I still have no word; sight never updates; never touched. I'm finding out just how much I've come to love him. It's killing me - I can't even imagine what could be so bad. I've read were others have called DOS and asked at least why they are in this situation; some get told it's visa Mantis, Donkey...whatever the other ones are! Some paperwork gets shelved. I am getting more depressed everyday. I watch people get accepted the same day or move out of AP quickly. I was told that I could file a "Freedom of Information"? That seems unlikely, b/c this is to protect the country; I get it. Others tell me to have a Senator call and ask for daily updates; then I hear that doesn't do any good. What's the longest running time in this group, that a Russian has been placed on hold?

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.