15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
It is convenient to say that we met online?

Is there a problem if we have only 6 months together and we want to apply for K1 visa? We have not yet made the request because she was previously married and are waiting for the divorce to place as evidence that I am divorced and start our process. Thank you for your help.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
It is convenient to say that we met online?
Sure
Is there a problem if we have only 6 months together and we want to apply for K1 visa?
My wife and I only knew each other 3 months when we filed.
We have not yet made the request because she was previously married and are waiting for the divorce to place as evidence that I am divorced and start our process. Thank you for your help.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

You're good to file once you have the divorce decree. Pad it with whatever evidence needed

In the month of April and should have the divorce and begin the process. We have traveled to several countries Mexico, Colombia, Aruba and go to Curacao starting in April but has never come to Venezuela. It is inconvenient?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Don't just state 'online'. If you are going to add in that information, then you need to state what site you met online, and if it was a dating site, provide proof that it was not an IMB. They have been sending a lot of RFEs lately regarding this. Check out the IMBRA forum here for more info.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Most important part that you have met in person and you have proof of that, The second part is whenever she gets her final divorce decree, then you are good to go and you begin the filing process for K1. The information about her previous marriage and final divorce have to be in the I-129 F, no need for copies. But whenever she goes for her interview she will need Original copy of her Divorce decree as one of of the documents requested. Good luck..

Timeline

parte más importante que ha conocido en persona y usted tiene prueba de ello, la segunda parte es cuando le llega su decreto final de divorcio, entonces usted está listo para salir y comenzar el proceso de presentación de K1. La información acerca de su anterior matrimonio y el divorcio final tiene que ser en el I-129 M, sin necesidad de copias. Pero cada vez que va para su entrevista ella necesitará copia original de su Sentencia de divorcio como uno de los documentos solicitados. Buena suerte..

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm very anxious because I 'm still waiting for the divorce document and to the well excited to begin the process again and be closer to my boyfriend, also ask the visa k2 because I have a girl of 5 years old.

Timeline
Thank you very much for your reply. I'm very anxious because I 'm still waiting for the divorce document and to the well excited to begin the process again and be closer to my boyfriend, also ask the visa k2 because I have a girl of 5 years old.

Yes, you do need the information about the final divorce decree so you can input it in I-129f since you do not have to send a copy of the divorce decree unless you are the petitioner. If you are the beneficiary then no need for copies of your divorce decree to be submitted with the I-129f. When its time for your visa interview, they you will need the original copy of divorce among other things as part of the process.

As far as K2 which am doing as well, you just have to include the information on the little girl on the I-129f...later on you can apply for visa for her. For now, I suggest you take it one step at the time. Begin with the process of filing out and sending the Petition, then start planning...do read a lot. This forum has tons of information, just browse and read and read...I have to say i went through the forums many many times so i can understand every little detail. Good luck and relax, its a beautiful journey!

Timeline

Yes, you do need the information about the final divorce decree so you can input it in I-129f since you do not have to send a copy of the divorce decree unless you are the petitioner. If you are the beneficiary then no need for copies of your divorce decree to be submitted with the I-129f. When its time for your visa interview, they you will need the original copy of divorce among other things as part of the process.

As far as K2 which am doing as well, you just have to include the information on the little girl on the I-129f...later on you can apply for visa for her. For now, I suggest you take it one step at the time. Begin with the process of filing out and sending the Petition, then start planning...do read a lot. This forum has tons of information, just browse and read and read...I have to say i went through the forums many many times so i can understand every little detail. Good luck and relax, its a beautiful journey!

Hi thanks for answering, left a little confused at the k2 visa for my daughter, it comes with a step at a time? It is very important for me to enter the United States with my daughter and that's the only way she between not having any visa.

Timeline

No, your daughter does not have to come with you at the same time. From what I understand and if am work someone may add or correct me, she has up to one year to get her visa from the date you your visa was approved.

• 6 months later...

Congratulations on your impending marriage this month. Have yo entered into the USA yet? Would love to learn more about your story. I met my fiancé on line as well and she finally received her visa for the K1, this past September. She is scheduled to arrive in the USA on November 17.

With all of the couples I have been seeing on visajourney, I decided to do an article on the subject of international dating. Would love to learn more about you, your history, how you both met and managed the distance relationship. Thank you and again, congratulations on your new future. Tye

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.