1,298 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

ro_vanou

Congratulations!, enjoy your new status, may the freedoms that this amazing country gives to its people bless and allow you, and of course your loved ones the full benefits that the constitution guarantees the right to life with freedom and the unimpeded pursue of happiness.

Cheers

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : San Bernadino CA

Date Filed : 2016-03-21

NOA Date : 2016-03-24

Bio. Appt. : 2016-04-11

Interview Date : 2016-06-23

Approved : 2016-06-23 !

Oath Ceremony : 2016-07-20 !!!

Comments : Awesome interview, amazing experience,

the whole process unbelievable, from LPR to USC in 121 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I filed in Dec 2015. Interview was approved on March 28th 2016, as of today, still waiting in the line to have the "Oath Ceremony was scheduled" notification.

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox
CIS Office : Omaha NE
Date Filed : 2015-12-28
NOA Date : 2015-12-31
Bio. Appt. : 2016-01-12
Interview Date : 2016-03-28
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : XXX

Edited by Mangens

CR-1 VisaJourney

USCIS(CSC):

2012-04-27:I-130 Sent

2012-05-02:I-130 Priority Date

2012-05-07:NOA1 Text msg and Email

2012-05-09:Got NOA1 in paper

2012-07-30:I-130 Approved online

2012-08-02:Got NOA2 in paper

******I-130 was approved in 85 days from NOA1 date******

NVC:

2012-08-06:NVC Received

2012-08-20:Got GUZ Number

2012-08-21:Sent Electronic Processing Program Email and Completed DS3020

2012-08-28:DS-3032/I-864 Bill

2012-08-28:Pay I-864 Bill

2012-08-30:I-864 Bill is PAID

2012-08-31:Receive IV Bill

2012-08-31:Pay IV Bill

2012-09-04:IV Bill is PAID

2012-09-13:Sent Completed I-864 and Affidavit of Support Email

2012-09-13:Sent Completed DS-230 and Applicant Document Email

2012-09-25:Packet 4 (Interview Date) Email Received

2012-09-25:Case Completed at NVC

2012-11-07:Interview Date

******Interview took 183 days from your I-130 NOA1 date******

CONSULATE:

2012-11-07:Interview Result --- Resume requested

2012-11-08:Email Visa IV Unit Resume, case turn into AP

2012-12-13:Call-in-letter received

2012-12-14:Mail Passport to Embassy

2012-12-31:Visa Received

2013-03-18:US Entry

as1cJTF0g410010MDAwMTQwOGx8MDAwNz Y4bHxNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Atlanta Field Office Is slow..They are working as if all N400 Applications from all over the US are being processed in Atlanta Itself.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Atlanta Field Office Is slow..They are working as if all N400 Applications from all over the US are being processed in Atlanta Itself.

The Atlanta field office used to be one of the slowest in the country, but then became one of the fastest.

For example, the two December 2015 applicants in Atlanta became citizens in March 2016

The one January 2016 filer was interviewed last week.

That's pretty fast compared to other offices.

But perhaps they've started to slow down again. We should be able to tell soon... if they stay on the same fast pace, you should get your interview letters in May/June for interviews in June/July. If that happens, Atlanta will continue to be one of the fastest offices. (This assumes that your background check is done by then, which doesn't have anything to do with the local office.)

FYI, Atlanta processes all Georgia and Alabama applications.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

The Atlanta field office used to be one of the slowest in the country, but then became one of the fastest.

For example, the two December 2015 applicants in Atlanta became citizens in March 2016

The one January 2016 filer was interviewed last week.

That's pretty fast compared to other offices.

But perhaps they've started to slow down again. We should be able to tell soon... if they stay on the same fast pace, you should get your interview letters in May/June for interviews in June/July. If that happens, Atlanta will continue to be one of the fastest offices. (This assumes that your background check is done by then, which doesn't have anything to do with the local office.)

FYI, Atlanta processes all Georgia and Alabama applications.

Do you happen to know anything about San Juan? I have this feeling that I'll still be "In line for an interview" when the rest of you Marchers has already been "passport in hand" for a while. Since I last filed for ROC almost four years ago, my impression is that the local field office was dramatically downsized, being moved to a smaller location, with a considerably reduced number of employees, which makes me tend to believe I still have a fair amount of wait time ahead of me. The day I attended for my biometrics only two officers were serving the entire center, which on the other hand became pretty packed shortly upon my arrival; I could walk out of there relatively fast only because I got there half an hour before my scheduled appointment time. :mellow:

qKC3Nua.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Do you happen to know anything about San Juan? I have this feeling that I'll still be "In line for an interview" when the rest of you Marchers has already been "passport in hand" for a while. Since I last filed for ROC almost four years ago, my impression is that the local field office was dramatically downsized, being moved to a smaller location, with a considerably reduced number of employees, which makes me tend to believe I still have a fair amount of wait time ahead of me. The day I attended for my biometrics only two officers were serving the entire center, which on the other hand became pretty packed shortly upon my arrival; I could walk out of there relatively fast only because I got there half an hour before my scheduled appointment time. :mellow:

I did a timeline search, and found one PR filer from march 2015. It took them almost 6 months from NOA to oath. Unfortunately it is one of the smaller sized offices, not many VJer data is available.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

A March 2015 applicant became a citizen in September 2015. That's the most recent datapoint because sadly very few people update their timelines. And there aren't that many VJ members in PR to begin with.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=a&op4=1&op5=5,10,11&op6=All&op7=San%20Juan%20PR

You can try the brute-force method and search through all the monthly threads for the last two years... go to the last updated table for each thread and see if you can find a timeline in San Juan...but you won't find many.

Edit: looks like th previous reply was almost identical. Sorry for the duplication.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

A March 2015 applicant became a citizen in September 2015. That's the most recent datapoint because sadly very few people update their timelines. And there aren't that many VJ members in PR to begin with.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=a&op4=1&op5=5,10,11&op6=All&op7=San%20Juan%20PR

You can try the brute-force method and search through all the monthly threads for the last two years... go to the last updated table for each thread and see if you can find a timeline in San Juan...but you won't find many.

Edit: looks like th previous reply was almost identical. Sorry for the duplication.

I did a timeline search, and found one PR filer from march 2015. It took them almost 6 months from NOA to oath. Unfortunately it is one of the smaller sized offices, not many VJer data is available.

Thanks to both of you! You know, even USCIS website states that as of March 31, the filing date for the last processed application is October 13, 2015, which appears to be in line with other field offices that, on the other hand, have already scheduled interviews for fellow March applicants. So, I really don't know what to think... :mellow: Anyways, come what may, it's all good for me. :) By the way, it looks like they just recently updated the processing times; one hour ago it was still showing cases processed as of February 29.

qKC3Nua.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Oh bummer! Mine was also rejected the first time. I suggest calling the military hotline at least once a week to check on it and as soon as you're inline for interview call the regular phone line and ask them to expedite it. I don't know if you know this but you need to have at least a year left on your tour before the interview date. Good luck!

Well then it won't happen lol, because my DEROS is January.

But the USCIS rep at the embassy that I'm in contact with says she should be naturalized by election time. They've been naturalizing people out here in two to three months from filing.

I am the USC.

The member "Khaleesi" is my beautiful wife.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

In line for interview scheduling since 04.26.2016. Come on ATL, move it! ;)

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2012-02-03
US Entry : 2012-11-01

Adjustment of Status

I-485 sent : 2012-11-14
Interview : 2013-05-21

GC received: 2013-06-13

Removing conditions

I-751 Sent: 2015-03-02

Approval: 2015-12-11

GC received: 2015-12-21

Citizenship

N-400 sent: 2016-03-21

Interview: 2016-08-08

Oath: 2016-08-17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

In line for interview scheduling since 04.26.2016. Come on ATL, move it! ;)

With Atlanta, It's a hit or miss...This however seems to be their busiest time of the year! Hopefully you get updates on your cases soon! Good luck.

It's been over 2 weeks since I've done my biometric. Do I have to be worried? BTW, It took them 2 weeks to process my check..

You just have to wait. I looked at the times on the chart and some people had their biometrics before yours and still don't have a "In line" message yet.

Naturalization timeline.......

03/25/2016 - N-400 sent to Phoenix AZ
03/28/2016 - N-400 delivered
04/01/2016 - USCIS cashed check
04/08/2016 - NOA received in mail
04/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment received in mail
04/26/2016 - Biometrics done
05/03/2016 - Email & text saying in line for interview
05/03/2016 - Another email & text saying interview scheduled!

05/09/2016 - Interview letter in mail.
06/15/2016 - Interview date.

06/15/2016 - Interview passed!
06/20/2016 - Text message & email saying In line for Oath ceremony.
06/29/2016 - Text message saying oath ceremony letter mailed.
07/02/2016 - Oath Ceremony letter in mail.
07/26/2016 - Oath Ceremony. :joy:
07/26/2016 - Officially a U.S. citizen!! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am still waiting to be in line. My biometrics was done on Apr 22.

Citizenship (N-400)

Packet Sent: 03/22/2016

Delivery received: 03/24/2016

NOA: 03/29/2016 (Used Form G-1450. No checks Yay!!)

Fingerprinting: 4/22/2016

In-line: 08/11/2016

In-Line letter: 8/13/2016

Interview/Oath: 09/20/2016 (Approved!!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.