cjjackson01

Could use a little help and advice please

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello to the VJ community. My name is CJ, and i have some things i could really use some help and advice with. Me and my girlfriends situation is sort of difficult to sort out in regards to gaining the information we need for the K1 visa process. we have quite a few concerns. A quick background, me and her had met playing videos games years ago and it was just recent that we have decided to get together and to marry. While we do have a genuine intent and all, we are kind of nervous that it might be very difficult to prove so when we file the 129 form package. I'll explain below.

Currently we have not met, and we are planning for her to come over the first week of may for a few weeks to visit and meet, due to the requirement of meeting in person, as well as obviously we really want to anyway. Our concern here is that she is not 18 as of yet, and will be april 30th, hence why waiting for the first week of may. While we do have phone records, skype messages and calls, as well as transactions between our bank accounts, as well as when she arrives i will be proposing and will keep that receipt for the ring as well, can we use proof from before her turning 18 since in the US 18 is the legal age? as well as what can we do to provide sufficient evidence of our relationship. The 129 package being the first thing to be completed, and our situation currently, has us very much concerned and afraid. Anything would be great, thanks in advance.

Edited by cjjackson01

She can't marry before 18 without in person partental consent but you can meet before she's 18. Is she coming to the US or you going to the UK?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

We know she cant marry without parental consent, and she will be coming here to the U.S the week after her birthday, and we are planning to file for the K1 visa while she is here.

Timeline

We will be able to provide that much fair enough once she arrives. We do also plan to take many photos, as well as will have hotel receipts, which i'm sure these will be good to include. thank you for this, youv put her mind, as well as mine at ease for the moment. We have just been very nervous about the 129 being denied.

Timeline

I know this is a silly thing to ask, but is there a surefire way to be sure that we will have it approved, as far as contents and documents we provide?

I know this is a silly thing to ask, but is there a surefire way to be sure that we will have it approved, as far as contents and documents we provide?

No but London is low fraud. Do you make enough to sponsor her?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

i make $22,800 a year, plus weekly mandatory overtime. From what i have seen this is at or above requirement level for income. Also, I assume that you saying it is low fraud, means it is less likely for our 129 to get denied?

Yes, low fraud means most cases as long as they are UK citizens are pretty much approved without issue.

Timeline

Thats great to know, so photos of us, all the documents from her travel here to visit, along with our letters of intent, and things should role along smoothly. This has really eased our minds.

Thats great to know, so photos of us, all the documents from her travel here to visit, along with our letters of intent, and things should role along smoothly. This has really eased our minds.

Your birth certificate to prove US citizenship. Both of your biographical forms. If you go to a hotel, get both names printed on the receipt.

There are instructions for the I-129F to read to find what they require. Don't depend on some brief posts. There is a K1 guide. Click the menu bar on "Guides". Also in the menu you will find sample forms filled out and sample letters of intent.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thank you Nich-Nick, I understand there is plenty more to it, and i have done extensive research, i know its not that simple, unfortunately. I will take a look and review the guides, When you say biographical forms, do you mean the G-325A? Also, I just meant as far as proving our relationship when i said what i did in the above quote, that is the part that really had us worried, we didnt know if there was a length of time needed to prove it, or if there would be flags or walls placed based on her not being 18 but a week before we apply.

Thank you Nich-Nick, I understand there is plenty more to it, and i have done extensive research, i know its not that simple, unfortunately. I will take a look and review the guides, When you say biographical forms, do you mean the G-325A? Also, I just meant as far as proving our relationship when i said what i did in the above quote, that is the part that really had us worried, we didnt know if there was a length of time needed to prove it, or if there would be flags or walls placed based on her not being 18 but a week before we apply.

Yes to G-325A. Just making sure you were aware of all the help available for guidance.

My opinion is there is a set of requirements put forth. If you meet them, you're approved. It's the government and I don't think there is a lot of emotion put into it deciding if you are in love, or too young to marry, or making a good decision because you just met in person.Or in other cases,,,"oh geez, they haven't been divorced long enough to marry again"...Doesn't happen. The officer may have an opinion and be shaking his head thinking "these kids have no clue and this marriage will fail", but if you meet the stated requirements and document it properly, then you qualify to bring a fiance to the US to marry.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Currently we have not met, and we are planning for her to come over the first week of may for a few weeks to visit and meet, due to the requirement of meeting in person,

Correct, must meet in person before you file the petition.

as well as obviously we really want to anyway. Our concern here is that she is not 18 as of yet, and will be april 30th, hence why waiting for the first week of may.

Could meet sooner, can't file the petition until after her 18th birthday, or obtain notarized parental consent.

While we do have phone records, skype messages and calls, as well as transactions between our bank accounts, as well as when she arrives i will be proposing and will keep that receipt for the ring as well,

Don't NEED a ring, but all mentioned is good evidence.

can we use proof from before her turning 18 since in the US 18 is the legal age?

Yes

as well as what can we do to provide sufficient evidence of our relationship. The 129 package being the first thing to be completed, and our situation currently, has us very much concerned and afraid. Anything would be great, thanks in advance.

All seems normal to me. No problems seen at this time.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

When we originally sent off for our K1, my wife was 17, I was 20, she had to get a consent form from the courthouse and have her parents sign it, even though she was turning 18 before I actually got approved/went over to marry her.

-K-1 Timeline-                                                                                         -ROC Timeline-
Visited girlfriend first time - 07/20/13                                                    Sent - 12/16/16
I-129f Filed - 08/04/13                                                                              NOA 1 - 12/19/16
NOA1 - 08/20/13                                                                                       Biometrics - 01/27/17
Visited girlfriend second time - 09/10/13 - 09/30/13                       Card Production - 6/14/18
RFE - 08/28/13 (parental consent from courthouse)                        Card in hand - 6/21/18
NOA2 - 11/05/13
Visited girlfriend third time - 11/14/13                                           -Citizenship filed Dec 13th 2018-
Case Shipped to NVC - 12/16/13                                                       Biometrics - Jan 3rd, 2018
NVC Case number - 12/26/13                                                            Interview - September 27th 2019 (Approved!)
Sent to London Embassy - 12/27/13                                                Oath - October 31st 2019 (Journey finally OVER!!)
DS - 160 Sent - 05/01/14
Readiness Form Sent - 06/01/14
Medical - 01/09/14
DS Forms & Medical Received By Embassy - 01/14/14
Interview - 02/13/14 APPROVED!!
CEAC Issued - 02/19/14
Visa in hand - 02/24/14
POE: Newark - 02/25/14
Married - 03/22-14

-AOS Timeline-
Filed - 04/16/14
NOA1 Email - 04/24/14

NOA1 Letters - 04/28/14

Biometrics Appointment - 05/19/14

RFE - 04/16/14

EAD Card Production - 07/03/14

EAD In Hand - 07/11/14

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 07/29/14

Approved! - 03/16/15 (Took Almost 11 months total)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.