freebird16

2 fingerprints appointments!!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys,

I hope you're having a great weekend. I got my first notice to get my fingerprints this month, which i did they also put a stamp in my letter. And today I was surprised when i found the same letter with another appointment date to get my fingerprints again!! It's like they mistakenly sent me two copies! Or this is normal?

What should I do? Does anyone experienced this before? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by freebird16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

if you have sent the adjustment of status packet, there are 2 sets of fingerprints, one for the EAD or work permit, the i765

and the other is for the FBI check for the i485

:time:

It is weird to get two biometrics appointments. Is there a child also removing their conditions?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

hi

if you have sent the adjustment of status packet, there are 2 sets of fingerprints, one for the EAD or work permit, the i765

and the other is for the FBI check for the i485

No I am removing the condition.

:time:

It is weird to get two biometrics appointments. Is there a child also removing their conditions?

I know right! I got my fingerprints done! And then received the second letter today.

It's possible that something messed up. I would call or make an infopass.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I have the same situation. I received my biometric appointment letter early February, I went to it on the day they appointed me, 02/11, and yesterday I received a new biometric appointment letter with an appointment date of 03/04.

I'm also just removing conditions for myself. I plan on calling tomorrow to check what is up with this and to make sure I have to go, because I will need another afternoon off from work :(

Good luck to us, and keep us posted. I will let you know what they say after I call.

• Entered USA in 2010 with F-1 Visa
  • Married 2012
  • Green Card 02/06/2014
  • Conditions Lifted 08/11/2016
  • N-400 application 03/30/2024. Biometrics Reuse.

Sometimes you need to do second fingerprints appointment if your case has been transfered to a different office. May be is a simple mistake. Keep us posted!

A mistake!! That's what i think it is, but I will give them a call and see what's going on. Sure I will keep updating this post.

I have the same situation. I received my biometric appointment letter early February, I went to it on the day they appointed me, 02/11, and yesterday I received a new biometric appointment letter with an appointment date of 03/04.

I'm also just removing conditions for myself. I plan on calling tomorrow to check what is up with this and to make sure I have to go, because I will need another afternoon off from work :(

Good luck to us, and keep us posted. I will let you know what they say after I call.

Oh!! we are in the same boat then! I was like I just got my fingerprints taken. I will have to get that day as well. And keep us updated.

Wishing you good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

It might be possible that your first fingerprints got rejected and have to be re-done. It happens.

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

It might be possible that your first fingerprints got rejected and have to be re-done. It happens.

Thank you for your reply.

Let's suppose you're right, shouldn't they send a letter explaining what's going on? Like hey your fingerprints are rejected, you should come back. You know what I mean!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Thank you for your reply.

Let's suppose you're right, shouldn't they send a letter explaining what's going on? Like hey your fingerprints are rejected, you should come back. You know what I mean!

I would hope so!

• Entered USA in 2010 with F-1 Visa
  • Married 2012
  • Green Card 02/06/2014
  • Conditions Lifted 08/11/2016
  • N-400 application 03/30/2024. Biometrics Reuse.

Here is an Update for this post:

I called this morning, and they told me it's only a mistake. Some people are having the same issue and I should just ignore the second letter. For all of you who are having the same problem, this is my experience.

But If you want a peace of mind, give them a call and keep the first receipt from your fingerprint appointment.

Good luck everybody. And thanks for all the replies!

Edited by freebird16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks for the update -- a relief for you, and helpful for others.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.