Webdevman

DS-260 for CR-1 Need Help Please

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

My wife and I just got our case number and we are filling out the DS260. in one section it asks about current employment and what she plans to do for work in the USA. She is not working not but this section is required to fill out.

What do we do?

Present Work/Education/Training Information
Please correct all areas in error as indicated below. Once you have finished, click ‘Save’ or ‘Next’ to continue completing your online application form.
  • Primary Occupation has not been completed.
  • In which occupation do you intend to work in the U.S.? has not been completed.

NOTE: Provide the following information concerning your current employment or education.
Thank you folks!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What are the options in the drop down?

Hello,

My wife and I just got our case number and we are filling out the DS260. in one section it asks about current employment and what she plans to do for work in the USA. She is not working not but this section is required to fill out.

What do we do?

Present Work/Education/Training Information
Please correct all areas in error as indicated below. Once you have finished, click ‘Save’ or ‘Next’ to continue completing your online application form.
  • Primary Occupation has not been completed.
  • In which occupation do you intend to work in the U.S.? has not been completed.

NOTE: Provide the following information concerning your current employment or education.
Thank you folks!

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you, I think I am nervous. I did not see the option that said "Not Employed". :oops:

No problem - glad you got it sorted! It's nerve wracking completing such a important document! This might help too...

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260%20Exemplar.pdf

I also put not employed. Also, I wasn't sure about my intentions to work once I got to the US or when I would get a job so I put homemaker in that box. I didn't have any problems.

I'm from the UK, hubby is from Michigan and is a retired US Army LTC.   We are currently stationed overseas.

Here is our immigration journey so far....

10.26.13 - Our wedding in Scotland 

11.26.14 - Filed I-130 at US Consulate, Frankfurt (DCF)

11.18.14 - Returned to Scotland to renew our vows for our first wedding anniversary

01.08.15 - NOA2 received in snail mail, together with case number and Packet 3 instructions

02.15.15 - Submitted Packet 3

02.17.15 - Packet 4 received by email with instructions to schedule medical and interview

02.18.15 - Email authorisation received from Consulate to gain access to appointment calendar

03.03.15 - Medical

03.18.15 - Interview - Approved

03.21.15 - Visa in hand

06.10.15 - POE Chicago (final destination Detroit)

07.20.15 - Received SSN in mail

07.27.15 - Received 2 year green card in mail

The journey to ROC starts here...!

10.05.15 - Returned to Germany on government orders

05.25.17 - Mailed ROC package to California Service Centre

06.14.17 - Received NOA 1 (dated 05.30.17) in mail

09.05.18 - Received a second NOA (dated 08.11.18) in mail granting a further six months extension to green card due to 'processing delays'

11.26.18 - ROC - Approved

12.05.18 - Approval Notice I-797 received in mail

12.18.18 - 10 year green card received in mail

The journey to citizenship starts here...!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Thank you,

We just completed and submitted the DS260. Upon completion I was reading the requirements on the confirmation page and it says we cannot make an interview appointment until we submit the documents. Can I submit these online?

I was under the impression that we were to submit these documents at the interview? Are we looking at another delay here?

Thanks for the help,

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Under previous employer section, if my husband works for the same company, but for 5 years worked on a project with one supervisor and then was transferred to another project with a different supervisor, how do we list that? It's the same company but different supervisors, do we just list the most recent sup? Or do we add an entry and list the company again with the first supervisors name?

I listed the HR manager as my supervisor since I had seversl small ones due to people leaving or changing job positions. You could list the GM. They are everyone's supervisor!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

We checked homemaker for my wife who is the immigrant applicant. Use your case #, mine begins with MNL (Manila) followed by 10 #'s and the applicants passport # to complete and submit the DS-260 (on-line Visa application). The application is for the immigrants Visa. After submitted you are given the option to save your actual application and the approval receipt. We saved them both in several ways just to be sure.

When I completed our DCF DS-260 on-line app, I the husband and US citizen was the one to actually fill it out with my wife's help on occasion. I checked "applicant" with help from the petitioner (me). A drop down menu appeared and I just filled it out as the petitioner helping her.. "husband".

Shortly after you should receive a welcome email from DoS with another receipt.

You'll need your receipt to get the medical done.

We're still working to collect all our supporting documents to take to our interview.

I'm told the next step (DCF) is to make your interview appointment but remember you need your I-864 form, all your supporting documents and medical papers at the interview. I believe one could start the medical before making the appointment but they caution against it because the medical certificate is only good for 6 months. Doing this DCF I don't see that as an issue. When I completed my DS-260 I checked and the next available appointment was march 3rd, like a week away. I've thought to do the first day of the medical (actually my wife) and ask how long it will take so I can schedule my appointment accordingly.

Hope this helps.. :)

Edited by 7Ken

9/26/2012 Met On-line

10/18/2012 Met at the Airport, Manila

1/8/2014 Married

2/17/2016 Filed I-130 DCF Manila

2/26/2016 NOA 2 "Approved"

3/14/2016 Medical Started

3/15/2016 Medical Completed

3/22/2016 Interview, Passed

3/28/2016 Visa status IR-1 "Issued"

3/31/2016 "Processed for delivery" / 2GO "In Transit"

4/1/2016 Delivered / Visa in hand..

2/17/2016 - 4/1/2016 / 45 days Start to Finish. :D

Timeline

We finished the medical stuff at St Luke's today. The interview is next week.

I've got an the forms filled out, i864 etc. I'm just gathering some evidence of bonafied marriage and figuring out what we may want to make extra copies of.

For bonafied marriage I've got receipts for gifts and flowers I sent long ago, money I sent, we have pictures, affidavits from my wife's mother and our landlords saying we have lived together for so many months, etc.

The only thing we don't have is our chat log and I'm hesitant to include our due to the personal nature of summer of it messages. Is there any way I can just show time and date without the actual text?

I'm a little worried about the i864s as well because I'm self employed and my adjusted gross is lower then the poverty line. I also only have 2014 because I did not earn enough before then to bother with filing. I have my father as a joint sponsor.

I'm very nervous. :)

When we filed our I-130 we also submitted a G-325a (bio-metrics) for each of us. I'd imagine you did the same? Our plan is to just bring the same supporting documents we submitted at that time.

I don't know about a chat history but to be honest don't think it would help.

You need actual documentation ie, NSO marriage certificate, a years lease with both your names on it, joint bank account, etc. One thing that helped us in the end was me on my wife's Phil health as beneficiary.

Then you'll need NBI certificates and I'm told police clearances too. I plan to go one step further and get Brgy clearances also.

If you are using a joint sponsor you'll need a I-864 filled out by you the petitioner and one from the joint sponsor with a copy of last years tax form. If your using their address in the US as your domicile you'll need a I-864A. I've read it should be notarized. A notarized affidavit from the joint sponsor can be very helpful but I'm not sure if it's required?

9/26/2012 Met On-line

10/18/2012 Met at the Airport, Manila

1/8/2014 Married

2/17/2016 Filed I-130 DCF Manila

2/26/2016 NOA 2 "Approved"

3/14/2016 Medical Started

3/15/2016 Medical Completed

3/22/2016 Interview, Passed

3/28/2016 Visa status IR-1 "Issued"

3/31/2016 "Processed for delivery" / 2GO "In Transit"

4/1/2016 Delivered / Visa in hand..

2/17/2016 - 4/1/2016 / 45 days Start to Finish. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.