Selmaben

CR1 after k1 (edited for accuracy)

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

All your posts about potentially getting denied makes you seem really desperate to move to the US. If all else fails your fiancé can always move to Tunisia!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Where there is a will, there is a way. I would strongly advise you to reflect on your relationship before you begin this journey, it is long no matter what the route. You stated: what would i do with the marriage if it is denied. This is the hurdle you tackle as a couple after, not before. The denial for a married couple is not the end of the visa, it is an extended exercise in proving your love a bit more. You are also stating you are from a high fraud country, which France is not, so are you a national from somewhere else?

Yes i am tunusian student in france (legal resident)

What is the solution if denial is not the end of marriage ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes i am tunusian student in france (legal resident)

What is the solution if denial is not the end of marriage ?

You would leave your fiance if you didn't get the visa? :rolleyes: priorities. the solution is that if you get denied, you fight it in whatever way is possible or you make a different plan--both of you live in Tunisia or France (if your legal status allows) or another country...very few legitimate couples would break up over a denial. if you want to be together, NOTHING will stop you. If you simply want to go to America, the system will hopefully work against you...

CR1 Visa

10/03/2014 Priority Date (NOA1)
03/18/2015 NOA2
03/30/2015 NVC Received
04/09/2015 Paid AOS fee + DS261

---NVC system error---
05/18/2015 Scan Date
05/27/2015 DS261 reviewed over phone (after several attempts)
06/11/2015 IV fee invoiced (not available online)
06/16/2015 Checklist

06/27/2015 Checklist Scan Date
07/05/2015 IV fee available online (paid)
07/08/2015 DS260 available (completed)

07/20/2015 CASE COMPLETE!
08/21/2015 Received Case Complete letter dated 8/17/2015
12/01/2015 Interview Scheduled (134 days from CC)
12/14/2015 Received Interview Appointment email (P4)
12/22/2015 Medical Exam

12/30/2015 CEAC changed to 'ready' (no 'in transit' message)
01/14/2016 Interview (178 days from CC) RESULT: APPROVED!
01/18/2016 CEAC changed to "Issued"
01/21/2016 Visa In Hand!!

(F)

475 days from NOA1 to visa in hand (1 year, 3 months, and 18 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You would leave your fiance if you didn't get the visa? :rolleyes: priorities. the solution is that if you get denied, you fight it in whatever way is possible or you make a different plan--both of you live in Tunisia or France (if your legal status allows) or another country...very few legitimate couples would break up over a denial. if you want to be together, NOTHING will stop you. If you simply want to go to America, the system will hopefully work against you...

That's a pretty blind and unemphatic reply. In some situations it rather behooves the petitioner for their fiance to go to America. Me personally, I don't think I could move to the Philippines considering my medical condition, and the state of the Philippines health establishments. Likewise, some petitioners may have well-established careers that would greatly benefit a newly formed family, rather than quitting a job and taking chances on a new job which may pay far less in a 3rd world country.

That said, what normal person would choose to live and/or raise children in a 3rd world country? People by nature always wants what is best for them and their families; and when you think about it that way, it only makes sense to want to come to America.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's a pretty blind and unemphatic reply. In some situations it rather behooves the petitioner for their fiance to go to America. Me personally, I don't think I could move to the Philippines considering my medical condition, and the state of the Philippines health establishments. Likewise, some petitioners may have well-established careers that would greatly benefit a newly formed family, rather than quitting a job and taking chances on a new job which may pay far less in a 3rd world country.

That said, what normal person would choose to live and/or raise children in a 3rd world country? People by nature always wants what is best for them and their families; and when you think about it that way, it only makes sense to want to come to America.

so you would dissolve your relationship if a visa didn't work out (as selmaben implied..."What is the solution if denial is not the end of marriage ?") or am I misunderstanding her quote due to the language barrier (if that is the case, I apologize for misinterpreting it)? I didn't claim it wouldn't behoove the couple to set up a life together in America. She asked what to do if they get denied other than end their marriage. The answer is fight the decision if possible (depends on the visa/reasons for denial) or have the American relocate (or live apart and just see each other for visits). If the choice is stay together outside of the US or break up because the beneficiary is denied, who is going to choose the latter without trying to make something work? A relationship that hinges on a visa is quite a fragile one, no? I'm not saying that the hardships and stress that come from living apart can't suck the life/love out of a relationship, but this couple hasn't even applied yet and the OP is implying (again, from my understanding) that she doesn't want to be with her fiance if he can't bring her to the US.

Edited by kyrachos

CR1 Visa

10/03/2014 Priority Date (NOA1)
03/18/2015 NOA2
03/30/2015 NVC Received
04/09/2015 Paid AOS fee + DS261

---NVC system error---
05/18/2015 Scan Date
05/27/2015 DS261 reviewed over phone (after several attempts)
06/11/2015 IV fee invoiced (not available online)
06/16/2015 Checklist

06/27/2015 Checklist Scan Date
07/05/2015 IV fee available online (paid)
07/08/2015 DS260 available (completed)

07/20/2015 CASE COMPLETE!
08/21/2015 Received Case Complete letter dated 8/17/2015
12/01/2015 Interview Scheduled (134 days from CC)
12/14/2015 Received Interview Appointment email (P4)
12/22/2015 Medical Exam

12/30/2015 CEAC changed to 'ready' (no 'in transit' message)
01/14/2016 Interview (178 days from CC) RESULT: APPROVED!
01/18/2016 CEAC changed to "Issued"
01/21/2016 Visa In Hand!!

(F)

475 days from NOA1 to visa in hand (1 year, 3 months, and 18 days)

Timeline

This site is helpful but there is people who pretend that they help but they put personal judgement and useless comment

If was in there place i would ask myself if this answer will help or not before posting it

Personal judgement and advices OUTSIDE visajourney are useless we are here to help eachothers in this journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

If you are worried, be sure to document things well. Visit each other a couple of times, and keep all receipts of meeting plus take some photos etc. Get a joint thing together, stuff that couples do. If they deny the CR1 visa, then there is some additional steps that can be taken, they really want to see that you two love each other and are really a couple. Since you are very concerned about a k1 denial, then focus only on the CR1 route. In the end, the time difference may be very minor in terms of being separated. My wife and I went the K1 route, and her k1 visa took 1 year to get approved. We might as well had gone for the CR1 route instead.

Timeline

If you are worried, be sure to document things well. Visit each other a couple of times, and keep all receipts of meeting plus take some photos etc. Get a joint thing together, stuff that couples do. If they deny the CR1 visa, then there is some additional steps that can be taken, they really want to see that you two love each other and are really a couple. Since you are very concerned about a k1 denial, then focus only on the CR1 route. In the end, the time difference may be very minor in terms of being separated. My wife and I went the K1 route, and her k1 visa took 1 year to get approved. We might as well had gone for the CR1 route instead.

Thank you for your answer!

But the CR1 can be denied too,so it is not better than the K1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Very true CR1 also gets denied. So let's give the OP some facts to help her. K1 denial rate is currently 14% of all applications processed. 130 (mind you this includes all variants besides just spouse) is at 10%. That's significantly different. But since she is so worried about denials, some information to guide her. It seems she has some red flags that she is going to have to address ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Thank you for your answer!

But the CR1 can be denied too,so it is not better than the K1

As I said in a previous post in one of your threads :

A.) If a K1 gets refused and returned it will expire. End of story. You have to re file.

B.) If a CR1 gets refused and returned it will be reviewed by USCIS and the petitioner gets a NOID/NOIR letter with requested information

for rebuttal and if they are satisfied with his rebuttal they will again forward it to the embassy with recommendation to approve, no re filing

necessary. It currently can take about 6-12 months for a review. If they are not satisfied with his rebuttal they will deny the petition which does

not happen very often unless it is for a very good reason.

Pick A or B, those are your two options.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

As I said in a previous post in one of your threads :

A.) If a K1 gets refused and returned it will expire. End of story. You have to re file.

B.) If a CR1 gets refused and returned it will be reviewed by USCIS and the petitioner gets a NOID/NOIR letter with requested information

for rebuttal and if they are satisfied with his rebuttal they will again forward it to the embassy with recommendation to approve, no re filing

necessary. It currently can take about 6-12 months for a review. If they are not satisfied with his rebuttal they will deny the petition which does

not happen very often unless it is for a very good reason.

Pick A or B, those are your two options.

A seems easier,I will take A and try to collect the more proofs i can ,if it doesn't work we will go for B

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.