Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Georgia16, I hope you know I hate you. We filed in the same month but my fiancee lives on Philippine time. (If a party is scheduled for 5pm and you show up at 7pm, that means you're early.) There you are, already with an AOS pending and here I am in the Philippines 15 hours after our K-1 interview, when I wanted to already have my AOS sent in. When I arrived at the airport, she and her sister met me. And her sister forgot to bring her paperwork, so we sat in the hotel for over a full day without her paperwork. And her older cousin brought the paperwork to the hotel at midnight, 7 hours prior to our interview appointment. Now I not only have to wait for her to decide to be willing to schedule her CFO (Philippine time again), I also have to wait for her father's October birthday, which, at this point, has become a reasonable request.

And I hope you take sentences 2 thru the end to understand in context sentence 1.

:P

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Georgia16, I hope you know I hate you. We filed in the same month but my fiancee lives on Philippine time. (If a party is scheduled for 5pm and you show up at 7pm, that means you're early.) There you are, already with an AOS pending and here I am in the Philippines 15 hours after our K-1 interview, when I wanted to already have my AOS sent in. When I arrived at the airport, she and her sister met me. And her sister forgot to bring her paperwork, so we sat in the hotel for over a full day without her paperwork. And her older cousin brought the paperwork to the hotel at midnight, 7 hours prior to our interview appointment. Now I not only have to wait for her to decide to be willing to schedule her CFO (Philippine time again), I also have to wait for her father's October birthday, which, at this point, has become a reasonable request.

And I hope you take sentences 2 thru the end to understand in context sentence 1.

:P

I get it ;)

I would not have the nerves to have any papers in other people hands! I'm a total control freak there haha my husband laugh at me when I had AOS paper all over the floor in the livingroom. :D

Luckily October is not far away (Seems like that when all you do is want to be together!!) but I'm happy for her she gets to stay for her dads birthday now that she will be moving with you! ...

She will be there soon and then your all set with all the AOS papers :D

Timeline

I get it ;)

I would not have the nerves to have any papers in other people hands! I'm a total control freak there haha my husband laugh at me when I had AOS paper all over the floor in the livingroom. :D

Luckily October is not far away (Seems like that when all you do is want to be together!!) but I'm happy for her she gets to stay for her dads birthday now that she will be moving with you! ...

She will be there soon and then your all set with all the AOS papers :D

My nerves are at least a little bit rattled. I don't like when other people have control over my life events. And this process is already all about her. And she lives on Philippine time, which sucks. And then, she allows other people to have access and control of her paperwork, which in a way makes sense, since she's a Province girl and her sister is in Metro Manila attending the college I am paying for. I have to keep telling myself "phils culture, phils culture, phils culture" but it doesn't help my "do it now or sooner" mentality. And the Eastern Culture doesn't mesh very well with my Aspie version of Western Culture. I'm always at my wits' end dealing with all this, but I am also always reminding myself phils culture is very Asian and indirect while I am already too direct for Western Direct culture.

I know everything will work out in the end, but my problem is the end should have been 3 months ago, not some unforeseeable time in the future.

NOA2 4-21-16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My nerves are at least a little bit rattled. I don't like when other people have control over my life events. And this process is already all about her. And she lives on Philippine time, which sucks. And then, she allows other people to have access and control of her paperwork, which in a way makes sense, since she's a Province girl and her sister is in Metro Manila attending the college I am paying for. I have to keep telling myself "phils culture, phils culture, phils culture" but it doesn't help my "do it now or sooner" mentality. And the Eastern Culture doesn't mesh very well with my Aspie version of Western Culture. I'm always at my wits' end dealing with all this, but I am also always reminding myself phils culture is very Asian and indirect while I am already too direct for Western Direct culture.

I know everything will work out in the end, but my problem is the end should have been 3 months ago, not some unforeseeable time in the future.

I get what you are saying. When she comes to the US it'll be better. You will be together and can do the next step together or at least a bit more control over when it get send and so on!...

I would not survive on PH time LOL... I'm like rather 30 min. early then 1 min late ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We got a one-way ticket but honestly only because it was cheaper that way :)

After K1 visa is received do you guys book return flight Or one way ticket for your fiances? Costs aside .

Edited by SoonToBeMrsU

K1 Visa                                                                                                                                                                                     

02/22/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                                   

02/23/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

05/19/16....NOA2 Text and Email

06/09/16....NVC Received I-129F

06/10/16....Case Number Received

06/14/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

07/22/16....Interview

08/11/16....Visa Issued (14 business days)

08/26/16....POE Houston, TX

Formerly "SoonToBeMrsU" (L)

AOS from K1 Visa

10/31/16....AOS packet mailed to Chicago, IL

11/04/16....NOA1

11/28/16....Biometrics Appointment

01/04/17....I485 Status Update: Ready to schedule I485 Interview

03/09/17....EAD/AP Combo Card Received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yanisa was approved at the interview this morning. Her actual interview only lasted 2 minutes. They asked her 3 questions.

Where did you meet?

Who is this person? (showing a pic of me.)

Where does he live?

I happened to be in Bangkok at the same time her interview was scheduled, waiting across the street at a Starbucks nearby.

We also met another nice couple, he's from Hawaii also. She was also approved.

-David

hi David and Yanisa,

congrats on your approval! i was wondering if you knew where i could find specific details for packet 3 & 4 contents are listed from the US Consulate in Thailand. i think i have a pretty good handle of things but see inconsistent info at times and just want to make sure.

thanks,

raymund

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

hi David and Yanisa,

congrats on your approval! i was wondering if you knew where i could find specific details for packet 3 & 4 contents are listed from the US Consulate in Thailand. i think i have a pretty good handle of things but see inconsistent info at times and just want to make sure.

thanks,

raymund

Yeah, everything is right on the Thai US embassy/consulate website.

https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packets/

Good luck!

Edited by DavidX

N-400

Spoiler

Apr 5, 2020 - submitted electronically
Dec 22, 2020 - Biometrics Reuse Notice issued
Dec 30, 2020 - Interview Scheduled Notice Jan 28, 2021

Jan 28, 202i - Interview and Oath Ceremony!

ROC

Spoiler

Mar 11, 2019 - 90 Day Window Opens

Mar 11, 2019 - i-751 mailed to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Mar 19, 2019 - NOA1 Text received, eff date Mar 18, case assigned to LIN

Mar 23, 2019 - NOA1 + 18 month extension letter received.

Sep 26, 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

Jan 28, 2019 - Status change to "Card is Being Produced"

AOS

Spoiler

Nov 13, 2016 - Married

Dec 21, 2016 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago

Jan 12, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Feb 07, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment Honolulu

Apr 12, 2017 - EAD/AP approval notifications received (112 days)

May 05, 2017 - NOA2 for AOS interview received

Jun 09, 2017 - I-485 Interview - Status updated to "New Card Being Produced"

K-1

Spoiler

Feb 05, 2016 - Packet mailed to USCIS

Feb 11, 2016 - NOA1 received, assigned to CSC

Jun 02, 2016 - NOA2 case approved (received via app) - 112 days

July 19, 2016 - Interview - visa application approved!

Oct 29, 2016 - POE Honolulu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Little bit confused now. We got the state department letter, have pulled together all documents. Sent email requesting appointment and received a date.

On the flowchart (http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow ) it says

*This will be sent out within a week (typically less) from when the embassy processes the received petition. This package will include a checklist of items and paperwork that must be collected. Some will be sent back asap, and others will be sent back later or brought to the interview.

Should we have sent some of the documents? Which ones?

The latest note with the appointment just says

The earliest date available is :

1. September 07, 2016, 12.30PM, Consular Section, Window 7
  2. Please bring all required documents and fee or receipt of payment
  3. Two photos
  4. Applicant must present this email to the embassy guard on the interview day
  5. Please go directly to Consular waiting room, and wait until we assist you

That sounds like everything should be brought along. Does that seem right?

K-1
2016/02/09....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
2016/02/22....Delivered at Lewisville, TX
2016/02/29....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC
2016/03/04....NOA1 Hard copy received
2016/06/07....RFE sent by CSC (received by us 2016/06/11)
2016/06/17....RFE reply returned by us (ack'ed by USCIS 2016/06/22)
2016/07/11....Case approved. We await receipt of mailed NOA2 from USCIS
2016/07/23....NOA2 Hard copy received
2016/08/11....email from Jakarta Embassy asking for contact info received, replied to
2016/08/12....email to Dee with instructions for package prep and interview request received
2016/08/20....online consular application completed, receipt received via email to Dee
2016/08/24....email to embassy with request for interview appointment sent, appointment date received
2016/09/07....Jakarta Embassy Interview: result, Visa approved 
2016/09/09....K-1 Visa issued
2016/09/22....Schengen Visa issued
2016/10/04....Depart Jakarta for Amsterdam, NL (holiday, arrive 10/06)
2016/10/24....Depart Amsterdam for Detroit (PoE)
2016/11/05....Apply for Social Security card (too early!!)
2016/11/29....Receive Social Security Card
2016/12/29....Married!
2017/01/10....Apply for AoS (I-485, I-765)
2017/01/20....NOA1
2017/02/14....Biometric Appointment (I-485, I-765)
2017/05/01....Employment Authorization approved
2017/07/11....AoS interview in Detroit (went well)
2017/07/12....AoS approved
2017/07/xx....Green Card received (not yet)

Timeline

Little bit confused now. We got the state department letter, have pulled together all documents. Sent email requesting appointment and received a date.

On the flowchart (http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow ) it says

Should we have sent some of the documents? Which ones?

The latest note with the appointment just says

That sounds like everything should be brought along. Does that seem right?

When we were putting our original packet together, I made one copy for USCIS, one copy for me, one copy for my fiancee. It was already front-loaded with materials that would be needed later in the process, such as my affidavit of support and financial proof from the previous 3 years and a few other things. And she was gathering other documents, such as her NBI report (national police record), her CENOMAR (phils requirement), and other documents that weren't required at the first filing but were required at the end. We took the entire packet with the additional stuff in a portable expandable file folder (like a notebook but lots of file pockets that can be labeled for easy retrieval). During the multi-window US Embassy visit, some of the documents were required at different stages, but not nearly all of them. But she should bring it all. You don't know what they will ask for and what they won't.

NOA2 4-21-16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, I don't mean to sound dumb but I also don't want to get my hopes up. What does this mean??

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview

We haven't received anything by mail or email. Do we wait till we get something or schedule the interview??

Ok, I don't mean to sound dumb but I also don't want to get my hopes up. What does this mean??

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview

We haven't received anything by mail or email. Do we wait till we get something or schedule the interview??

well thats the msg you see when the status shows Ready... Supposedly it means that your embassy has your documents. In my experience when i saw that mag i started to fill my ds160 then paying at the bank then doing medical and selecting my interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

The time it took was mostly in waiting. We stood in line outside for her to get a decal stuck on the outside back of her passport, then stood in the next line over so we could go inside (and I had to throw away my cigarettes and lighter) where we went through a metal detector, then stood in line so she could get a number stapled to some of the documents we brought, then went inside the inner complex, where we went through another metal detector, then sat and waited to stand in line for Window 1 where the Philippine interviewer asked a few questions, including "do you want a Tagalog interpreter" (she said yes), then she stood in line to get fingerprinted, then we sat and waited and waited, to stand in line where she took an oath to tell the truth, then we sat and waited and waited some more to stand in line for the interview.

How did you first meet? (Filipino Kisses)

When did you first meet in person?

How long was he here the first time?

How many times has he been here?

Has he met your parents?

What did your parents think of him?

Where did he propose and how?

How did you react to his proposal?

(To me) Where do you live? What do you do for a living?

(To her) What does he do on his free time when he isn't working?

How do you keep in touch?

Do you two ever argue? (She answered no.)

(To me) Is that true? (I said I'm working on getting her to feel equal to me and every time she says no to me, I cheer.)

Laughter from the interviewer and the interpreter

You are approved. I'm sure he's a good guy but if you ever receive any domestic violence, here's a pamphlet that explains how you can get help. It will not affect your visa at all.

Done.

Haha wow, that sounded very comforting, thank you for sharing this and congratulations to the two of you! :) woohoooo!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi,

Different embassies have different way of processing things. Some allows you to schedule an interview date and medical appointment on your own while some schedules it for you and you have to wait for the packet for instructions (like me). You could look up how your embassy in your country handles these things.You can go to their website and email them to inquire as well. I did that as well as went to Hong Kong consulate forums on here and messaged people from the same country as me to help me with the process. Wish you all the best with your case! :)

Edited by jozelle26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.